Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Singers of Ilaiyaraaja's Era

+3
kv
app_engine
V_S
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Forgotten Singers of Ilaiyaraaja's Era - Page 3 Empty Re: Forgotten Singers of Ilaiyaraaja's Era

Post  V_S Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Innaikki full'a indha paattu thaan. Office varathE kashtama pOyidichu.

Radhika has sung this song. What a beautiful voice! Beautiful aalapanai before the pallavi and charanam and that chudachuda nanaigindrathE! Sorgam isaiyilE!

I think she also sang Deva Sangeetham and Aruna kirana deepam from Guru. Has she sung any other song for Maestro?

Last edited by V_S on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Singers of Ilaiyaraaja's Era - Page 3 Empty Re: Forgotten Singers of Ilaiyaraaja's Era

Post  app_engine Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm

V_S wrote:chudachuda nanaigindrathE

One of my all-time-fav songs of rAsA!

V_Sji, the singer is known to plum's aunty (or some close relative)...avar kitta kEttuppAkkalAm Smile

I don't think this Radhika is same as the guru(mal) Radhika, plum to confirm...

Last edited by app_engine on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:23 pm

oh that's nice to know app. So Plum might have more details about this singer. Very Happy
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 pm

She wasnt my aunty, app Smile. She attended my aunt's wedding and it was 3-4 years after Aradhanai released so she was pestered to sing this song as part of nalungu. She also song some jency songs.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:12 pm

plum wrote:She wasnt my aunty, app Smile.

nAn appadi sollalaiyE confused

Me posted :

the singer is known to plum's aunty

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 pm

app:

ammA yamuna en kaNNAdi engE vechEn pAththiyA

:ashamed:

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 am

Superb thread. I'm still catching up on lot of these threads as I came somewhat late to the forum, but it's great to read all these wonderful posts in one go Smile.

V_S / App: Did Radhika Thilak sing Unnai Thaane from Nallavanukku Nallavan?

I am addicted to Ilam Pani Thuli - beautiful voice/rendition and wonderfully orchestrated. I always feel like a painting being created whenever I listen to this song.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 am

rajkumarc,
Thanks a lot. Please share your favorite singers.Smile

oops1 I heard from Rex that Radhika Tilak and Radhika are different. I just now corrected the female singer name in iLam pani thuLi vizhum nEram. Sorry about that. Unnaithaane, as far as I know it was sung by Manjula Gururaj. Radhika sang three songs for IR, if I am not wrong; iLam pani(Aaradhanai), Kalyaanam Ennai (Metti, along with Jency and Rajesh) and AnbE Deivam (en SelvamE).

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:12 pm

A couple of singers that I remember always because of the songs:

Kaadhal Ennum Kovil from Kazhugu - Soolamangalam Murali
Manjal Veyyil Sevvaanathil & Oru Chinnamani Kuyilu - Jolly Abraham (came to know about Jolly through that wonderful composition of MSV - Malai Rani Mundhanai)

Don't know much information about Murali but heard Jolly had his own light music orchestra or was performing some Christian devotional songs live.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Incidentally when we were remembering Radhika and Manjula, Rex had posted a song by Manjula in his quiz recently. A song not to be missed at any cost. With MV sir, the song beats any new offerings till date. kaadhal kiLi kadhai pEsuthu kaadhOram koosuthu from Kalyana KachEri.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3