Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin

+23
baroque
plum
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
Bala (Karthik)
Wizzy
Balu
jaiganesh
crimson king
raja4ever
Raaga_Suresh
writeface
fring151
Kr
kiru
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
rajkumarc
kv
isaifan
V_S
MumbaiRamki
app_engine
sagi
27 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin - Page 6 Empty Re: Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin

Post  app_engine Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Mumbai Ramki twitlonger on OAK

The biggest disservice that Illayaraja would do to his fans is not releasing the 90 minute score of this movie . I don't mind joining a group of fans and prostrating to him to release the score . Without him, it is impossible that Mysskin could have communicated the perspective to all users . You can notice how for the same character he uses alternate score when they change their mental positions , juxtaposed with the earlir dispoisiton . if this doesn'[t win the best background score, we can very well close the National awards commitee

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin - Page 6 Empty Re: Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin

Post  Wizzy Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:27 pm

paarthachu, show was houseful, movie credits only Raaja in the titles and the audience response Shocked this is Mysskin's 'neengal keetavai',paavam romba adaiki vaschurukaar except for the katana wearing karadi's sidekicks Smile seems to have intentionally cut down on his low angle/dolly shots..going by the audiences response for each of the high points during the action sequences guess he has hit the sweetspot. apparently Mysskin choreographed most of the action sequences and his 'confession' @ the cementry Shocked the clap 
casting was near perfect except for tiger Shaji whose mallu twang makes some of the sequences unintentionally funny and the 'kid' referring
to his books on surgeries was Smile 

Movie is littered with biblical themes and any lesser composer would have pandered the movie with choirs/church bells and killed the narration then and there with their orthogonal scores :noteeth: . I didn't want to hear the released bgms before watching the movie and was prepared to surprised and boy what a treat it was, whatever released by Mysskin isn't even oru soru, for raajatards to jizz there is a bgm score during the train sequence which starts from katurba nagar station, they way he builds up the tension and then to match it to train rhythm, the only he possible.covering the entire animal kingdom in the end credits was thoughtfully done thumbsup 

GTA playing city youth/ fast paced peeps will totally dig this movie.. would I watch it again? I'm taking my family on Sunday Cool
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Very nice review Wizzy. Thanks. So, as expected there is lot more to what we have heard so far (That was hardly 20 minutes of the score). As MumbaiRamki said, Mysskin should release the full score of the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Wizzy wrote: 
 Movie is littered with biblical themes and any lesser composer would have pandered the movie with choirs/church bells and killed the narration then and there with their orthogonal scores :noteeth: . I didn't want to hear the released bgms before watching the movie and was prepared to surprised and boy what a treat it was, whatever released by Mysskin isn't even oru soru, for raajatards to jizz there is a bgm score during the train sequence which starts from katurba nagar station, they way he builds up the tension and then to match it to train rhythm, the only he possible.covering the entire animal kingdom in the end credits was thoughtfully done thumbsup 

GTA playing city youth/ fast paced peeps will totally dig this movie.. would I watch it again? I'm taking my family on Sunday Cool
rotfl2

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Wizzy
Andha xylo (doc sticker) couple - escapisathukku 
 mattum use pannappadravangala^o^ ?

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:50 pm

And Shaji yaaru, in the film?

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:51 am

Shaji is Mr.Lal I think. The police duo who are in pursuit in their motorcycle all the time.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:16 am

Bala (Karthik) wrote:And Shaji yaaru, in the film?
I think this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXU_TGwdXx4 who comes at 17 and 18 seconds in a close up shot. Also, the guy who wrote this piece which was panned by a lot of us onsapanatayam: http://shajiwriter.blogspot.com/2010/01/ilayaraja-heights-and-depths.html
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:43 am

Oh Lal dhaan Shajiya. I thought his performance was not as bad his boss's

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin - Page 6 Empty Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum (The wolf and the lamb) - Mysskin

Post  Thirukovur Balaji Prasad Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Saw night show on Saturday and today's 11 am show. The narration was quite gripping, but the hero of the film is none other than Raja. I am not well versed in music (as many of the members in this forum seem to be) to pinpoint the nuances but I frankly admit that the background score can move a person (that too in a crime thriller). The pain of the characters is mirrored in the score. It would not be an exaggeration to suggest that the major (if not the entire) part of the score can and should have been released in CD (2 or 3-CD pack) format. Planning to watch the 6 pm show today itself in the company of my friends for Raja sir's score. I am very proud to live in Chennai if not for anything but foremost for the phenomenon called Ilaiyaraaja...

Thirukovur Balaji Prasad

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Nobody does Chennai nightlife (?) like Mysskin.

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:31 pm

V_S wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:Part 2 Says IR is among the most misunderstood. His respect is genuine. adhu nalla theriyudhu.
thank you DM sir. When he said that line; தாரை தாரையாக கண்ணீர். The most misunderstood person. ithavida theLiva solla mudiyaathu.

From this interview it is very clear how bad is the media, their horrible questions, their horrible interpretations, their horrible propaganda. For every wrong interpretation by the media, he gives a sharp, true, patient and correct answer. His response about watching films. noteworthy
Misunderstood - maybe general public misunderstood but the industry people who worked against him , they are all cowards and low lives who knew that they cannot take him directly on his talent and conspired to create these stories about him
They'll not go to hell. They'll all be disgraced in this life. We will see that. Every single fellow who conspired , we will witness their fall including the Great Pawn, a Willing Pawn, Mr Raghu. oruthan kooda honourableA sAga mAttAn. They will be disgraced when they die.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:15 pm

From twitter:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rp6i84

ஓநாயும், ஆட்டுக் குட்டியும் திரைப் படத்தின் பிஜிஎம் அடங்கிய ஒரிஜினல் ஒலித் தட்டு தேவைப் படுவோர்
www.600024.com என்ற தளத்தில் அதற்கான சுட்டி (கூடிய விரைவில் தெரிவிக்கிறேன்!) வாங்கிக் கொள்ளலாம். நாளை 30.09.2013 திங்கள் முதல், இந்தச் சுட்டி இயங்கும் என தெரிவிக்கப் பட்டுள்ளது.
Opportunity for folks in India to get OAK BGM CD :-)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:53 pm

This is what I wrote in twitlonger; 
'Onayum Aatukuttiyum' : My first thoughts. A superbly made film by Myskin. He never loses the grip throughout the film, keeping the audience fully engaged. I definitely liked this better than 'Yudham Sei', though that movie too had its high points.

Myskin has an unique vision and is quite original in his making. There is no truth in the allegation that he copies from Korean movie. His aesthetic is quite Indian and he is definitely one of the originals of Tamil cinema. 

The movie's pace never sags and that is due to excellent teamwork. The photography, the angles the Myskin chooses, the editing, the audiography and fight choreography: everything plays a part and each one has done his / her job in an exemplary fashion. Ofcourse it is Myskin standing behind them and ensuring they realize his vision.

And then, there is Raja, who understands Myskin's vision perfectly and provides music which is the heart of the film, enhancing and maintaining the mood. This is a movie which needs music to fill the frames and Raja does that in his own unique fashion. Ofcourse, he knows when to be silent and that is equally effective as well. The reason why Myskin puts Raja's name up in the top is clear. You could probably have replaced any of the technicians and actors and still could have realized this film. But there is no other music director in this country who could have realized Myskin's vision.

The only drawback I felt was that the film could not generate the needed empathy for the protagonist and the family for various reasons but Raja fills that in with a very touching theme. As I walked back home from the theater this theme was constantly playing in mind and that theme told the completely story as well as reflecting the vision of Myskin.

This is a movie the Tamil film world should be proud of. Myskin is a top class director. Hopefully he will continue making such movies. You can take a bow for this movie Myskin.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 pm

thanks for a good review!
Thanks Ravi for your analysis ( posted  in tfmpage ) and more here.
Glad Myshkin is releasing the BGMs in CD!
thanks App_eng for the invite to our new site! Very Happy 
Vinatha
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:53 pm

I surrender the success to Ilayaraaja: Mysskin. "அவர் இசைக்கு முன்னால், நான் ஒரு வெங்காய தோல் கூட கெடையாது."
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Warm welcome Vinatha here. Glad to see you here. Waiting to hear more from you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:I surrender the success to Ilayaraaja: Mysskin. "அவர் இசைக்கு முன்னால், நான் ஒரு வெங்காய தோல் கூட கெடையாது."
Nicely tackled by Mysskin, much annoying interviewer. He is not even giving time for Mysskin to answer and always showing in arivujeevithanam.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:56 pm

V_S wrote:
Drunkenmunk wrote:I surrender the success to Ilayaraaja: Mysskin. "அவர் இசைக்கு முன்னால், நான் ஒரு வெங்காய தோல் கூட கெடையாது."
Nicely tackled by Mysskin, much annoying interviewer. He is not even giving time for Mysskin to answer and always showing in arivujeevithanam.
Actually that question itself was unnecessary (i.e. the interviewer asking "is it your success or IR's") Mad 

என்ன ஒரு விவரங்கெட்ட கேள்வி அது?

மனப்பூர்வமான வம்பு உண்டாக்கும் முயற்சி என்று சொல்லலாம்!

மிஷ்கின் அந்த முயற்சிக்குப் பூட்டுப்போட்ட விதம் அருமை!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:30 pm

some "international business times"

"Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum" music, composed by legend Ilayaraja, is one of the main highlights of the film.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:44 pm

BRangan review briefly mentions rAsA, within brackets

And very mannered cinema. I can, offhand, think of no one in Tamil cinema whose work is part melodramatic Tamil theatre (underscored by equal parts silence and a score; this time the music is by Ilayaraja), part minimalistic Noh play, part expressionist painting (those seemingly disembodied legs), part noir comedy, part existential thriller, and part action adventure.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:57 pm

More from BRangan on reply to a comment

BRangan wrote:
Shankar: I saw the film just once, so I didn’t really see it from the BGM point of view. Of course, it was super-effective in a general/ overall sense, but I can’t say with regard to themes/cues till I see it again. But then again, Mysskin’s films have always had a very strong and singular sense of BGM — those peculiar stop-and-go rhythms, for instances, have been there right from the Sundar C Babu days, and K gave some good BGMs too. This guy knows what he wants from his composers.
I guess Shankar of BRangan blog is our fellow forumer...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Appji,
Yes. It is not just about that question, he was asking so many annoying questions like recognition, world cinema (Iranian, Korean), about audience, what does Mysskin want to achieve etc. And when started answering, he cuts him short and asks another question.Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm

another review, some "desi martini" Laughing

Ilaiyaraja's music makes me want to use words like 'operatic'. It is a sweeping score which matches the overwhelming visuals. The end result is scary and beautiful, and often both at the same time. Besides the exposition misstep, "Onaiyum Aattukuttiyum" is an assured return to form from Mysskin. A welcome respite from the spate of comedies and a pretty solid thriller in general. 

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:29 pm

oneindia has a rAsA slide show

இந்தப் படத்தின் சிறப்புக் காட்சியைப் பார்த்த ஒரு முன்னணி இயக்குநர் (அவ்வப்போது ராஜாவுடன் உரசிக் கொண்டாலும்...), "அதான் இளையராஜா... இந்தப் படத்தில் மிஷ்கின் திரைக்கதைக்கு நிகரான இன்னொரு திரைக்கதையை தன் இசையால் நெய்திருக்கிறார் இளையராஜா... ஹேட்ஸ் ஆஃப்", என்றாராம்.
Who is that? (BR?)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next