Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Actor - 2012 - Tamil Films

+11
Bala (Karthik)
V_S
kid_glove
jaiganesh
Joe
groucho070
sagi
app_engine
plum
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worst Actor - 2012 - Tamil Films Empty Worst Actor - 2012 - Tamil Films

Post  Admin Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:47 pm

We'll Start threads one by one.

I'll begin with our golden category - Worst Actor 2012.

This year, I watched exactly one movie in cinema halls. That shouldn't deter me from guessing the top favourite for this category, right? It's obvious.

Going easy on the rules, I declare myself eligible to nominate despite not having watched more than the one movie I did this year.
Go ahead and nominate to your heart's content.

Specific mocks on specific scenes, gratuitous insults are not only welcome but solicited.
The only measure is how funny you are. Go ahead, vent your anger at your lost 120 rs or $10 as the case may be...

Admin
Admin

https://ilayaraja.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Worst Actor - 2012 - Tamil Films Empty Re: Worst Actor - 2012 - Tamil Films

Post  plum Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:23 pm

My choices:

3. Little Commander Bharath - pErarasu. Vijay homage. drugged up. Steroid muscles. Nonsense banter with villains. One trailer is enough to incriminate this feller for the year. 10 kAdhal-la nadichAlum indha pAvam theerAdhu....#vAdipatti. Or is it #dindukkal? Or whatever town that pErarasu chose to desecrate this time.

2. TV Siva Karthikeyan - TF is rife with enough annoying shit of actors, without having to deal with stand-up comedians trying to show "pheelings". Simultaneously, this feller wins the award for "best unintentionally funny moment" and "worst acting moment" of the year, in the feeling song in #Manam Koththi Paravai

And...ofcourse, the undisputed champion of bad acting, the flag-holder for bad-cinema in tamil, the man who represents everything that is wrong with Tamil Cinema...the one and only...

i L A y a t h a L a b a d h i .....Dr Joseph Vijay!!

Substantiation will be taken up on epic scale soon, with the help of Nerd and others. Stay tuned.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:24 am

If not for NEPV, I would have nominated Santhanam...especially for playing the spoilsport of otherwise nice-going comedy called kalakalappu. Now, pozhachchup pOgattumnu vittudalAm...

Totally agree with Siva Karthikeyan (watched him only in 3 and that's sufficient to toss him) & s/o SAC. thuppAkkiyAl romba bAthikkappattAchchu! To repeat what I said in the post about thOkku - TN should ban this fellow from doing that "thavaLai thaNNeeril kAl udhaikkum" thingy and has the audacity to call it dance Mad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:31 pm

" "thavaLai thaNNeeril kAl udhaikkum" thingy and has the audacity to call it danc"
LOL
Ah! Someone said this aloud! Internet is rife with highways where one can't say this.

idhu dhAn danceAdA, Tamizhaga makkaLE. Whatapity

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:06 am

Naren - Mugamoodi. Acting is *usually* bad in Mysskin films. Naren is a bad actor. Do the math. As a sidenote, I feel the actors act that way intentionally in Mysskin films. But it does not work at all.

Vikram Prabhu - Kumki. Eyebrow-twitching-redefined. In one of the crucial moments in the film when the heroine says yes to his proposal, you should see his face. Sam Anderson in the rasathi song did better. Ramarajan is a kadhal mannan in front of him. See it to believe it.

Vijay - Thuppakki and Nanban. Of course. Funny thing is these are among his *better* films as per the critics. Thuppakki was downright silly and his Hindi dialocks and the rommaaantic look (inspiration from annan) are the special features. Nanban was an extremely poor imitation of Aamir. I mean copy kooda sariyaa adikka theriyalai..

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 am

Good one Nerd 👏.

Not many takers...will wait for one more week and if there is no further response, we'll have to drop this I guess Sad

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Haven't seen enough films to participate here. But Vijay as a bad actor? Please, be reasonable I say. I may agree with other contenders here but can't since haven't seen their flicks. But lumping a non-entity with them is a sin. Even the stupidly inaccurate Mayans would reject. Vijay needs a separate "appreciation" thread here.
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 am

groucho070 wrote: But Vijay as a bad actor? Please, be reasonable I say.
+1 ..He is yet to be a good actor ,but I think not bad as many keep saying .
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Embarassed err...Joe, I meant that sarcastically. The guy is hopeless. "Bad" is too good for him. I actually planned to do a blog post on how horrible he is, but I recall that my own mother and younger brother are fans of him (they are, though recently they suddenly somersaulted saying that they "like him in some movies" and never said that they were "fan". Unfortunately, except for my always katchi-tAvufying younger brother [used to be Liverpool/Italy football team fan, now swears that he has always been ManU/Brazil fan], I don't have witness to convict my mom). So, don't want to upset them, and get my blog hacked, he may be horrible, his fans are terrorist material, yabbaa.....
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm

joe avar solla varradhu vaera...

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 pm

I caught up with Kavalan - 2nd half - contrary to my expectations, Vijay and Asin had done a decent job - the climax was a surprise and except for the weird wig of vijay in the finishing portions, everything was cooked right. I must say - that is Vijay's range - adhai meeri over act pannaa - paakka mudila. He is zillion times better than Ajeeth I say. oru fluidity irukku moonjila - eyes are expressive - he can surely try and become a decent actor - Oh yes he oozes a certain charisma - koindhaingaLukkellaam vijay pudikkudhu - kinda like how I liked Rajini in my childhood days - before I developed a sensibility - so considering Thamizh naadu - which is an eternal Kinder garten of juvenile taste - he is solid gold material as far as business worth is considered. So Plum - you would have to bring better arguments against IT..
Saw thuppaakki too and found him sailing purely on charm in the first half- second half - he struggled a lot and climax was hilarious - and so is that gambit of swapping hero's sister in a crucial block.. idhellaam yaen saar? Acting wise he didnt have to flex one tiny tympanic nerve.
But worst actor - that goes purely to thambi ramaiah for saattai - he managed to spoil every decent plot development in that movie and someone need to ban him from acting - he was ok in parts of kazhugu - but that is one stock being oversold in TN.
If one were to give worst acting in a stage performance - I will give it to Kamal during his Vishwaroopam launch torchal - when he made the heroini spell out Gavuthami madam for seletting her and he himself for praising this job - costume design - Yaerkanave rendu anni panna soLLai velai dhaane ivangaLukku - adhai ennamo camera pudicha maadhiri pugazharadhdu - very bad acting hassar- I hope you have done a better job in the film (enakkennavo douttu dhaan - considering the wimpy 'to tell you - i am both').

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Shocked Outrage. Kaavalan was unfuckinbelievably horrible. The very scenes they used to go to quote to 'see my maapla ITV talend'. The park scene and the climax scene. Intolerable.

As for Ajith, have you seen English Vinglish? I could totally buy him whenever if he plays his age.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm

jai - normally I wouldn't have much to say to your posts because I usually dont watch Vijay movies, even as scenes in thiraikadhambams on satellite TV.
However, I have seen the second half of Kaavalan, adhu kooda Surya TV-la vandhudhungaRadhAla, tamizhA malayalam dubbingAnnu confirm paNNikka dhAn pArthEn.

Totally disagree with your assesment - both Visay and Asin were intolerable. Even Dileep - who by Kerala standards is treated by knowledgeable Kerala audience like we treat Vijay - was much, much better. Heck, what am I saying. Dileep is a much better actor. It is just that he competes with Lal, Mammookka and a host of other fine actors in his domain so he comes off as relatively poor. Take this - even Venkatesh was better in Telugu.

I'll give this to you - I am fairly certain Vijay would have done better than Sallu bhai in Bodyguard.

Heck, I'd rather watch Jaggesh's bodyguard in Kannada than this feller you tolerate.

For those who dont know Jaggesh, this is the piece:

http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://mimg.sulekha.com/kannada/bodyguard/stills/bodyguard-kannada-movie-pictures-015.jpg&imgrefurl=http://movies.sulekha.com/kannada/bodyguard/pictures/7.htm&h=332&w=500&sz=157&tbnid=dcvyePR1jJz-WM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=136&prev=/search%3Fq%3DBodyguard%2Bkannada%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=Bodyguard+kannada&usg=__ffAs0gc50BUV2T0IQYuGmA4alXI=&docid=xlC3ofyYzgdCbM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=CbPlUMDRL4PxkAWT34DwAQ&ved=0CDcQ9QEwAg&dur=632

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  kid_glove Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 pm

It's a close call between Thalapthy's son(OKOK), Ilaya thilagam's son and ilaya thalapathy. Sivakumar's son rankles me too, but he's far better, obviously.

Proud day for SAC's penis..

kid_glove

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 pm

kid_glove wrote:It's a close call between Thalapthy's son(OKOK), Ilaya thilagam's son and ilaya thalapathy. Sivakumar's son rankles me too, but he's far better, obviously.

Oh yeah - Kick me finance wins the trophy by a big margin.

@Plum - you are biased.
I am not big fan of visai - but I found his understated turn in kavalan 2nd half acceptable - what I would have puked on is a vikraman type of dialogue delivery "Kaadhalngradhu etc.," in the climax. veetla irukka neetrals too enjoyed visai's sober act..

As far as Ajith and soobar star - they are too drunk on the "powerful role" myth. Was seeing Rajini's speech on the birthday function they showed in Sun TB - he says "Endhiran 150 Cr business" so adhukku tally aagara maadhiri Raana panrennaar" I was like WTF - business mattum dhaan theridha saar unga kannukku? ippdiye ponaa padathula nadikkaamale retire aaga vendiyadhu dhaan.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 pm

These are the thamizh films I watched this year. Nanban, Dhoni, KSY, OKOK, Kalakalappu, Saguni, Naan Ee, Thaandavam, Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom, Kumki (only first half) and NEPV.

OK my nominations would be Udayanidhi Stalin for OKOK and Jeeva for NEPV. Smile US for non-acting (thiru thiru'nnu muzhichindu, always need Santhanam to fill him in) and Jeeva for under/unnecessary acting (eppa paar thalaiya kOthi uttundu, as if there are no other expressions when showing frustrations and stone-deaf face when atleast little emotion is required from him). US was horrible in every song of OKOK. He did not have a clue on what he was doing.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:02 am

"Charisma" Nigerian currency level-la devalued-agidhuchA? From now on, I will never use that word, never use it in my writing, ithu Karishma Kapoor mEla sathyam!!! Mad
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 pm

kid_glove wrote:It's a close call between Thalapthy's son(OKOK), Ilaya thilagam's son and ilaya thalapathy. Sivakumar's son rankles me too, but he's far better, obviously.

lol!

jaiganes wrote:
@Plum - you are biased.

Guilty as charged.

I am not big fan of visai - but I found his understated turn in kavalan 2nd half acceptable - what I would have puked on is a vikraman type of dialogue delivery "Kaadhalngradhu etc.," in the climax. veetla irukka neetrals too enjoyed visai's sober act..

ai idhAnE...ennamO avar kitta sober, non-sober-nu rendu switch , rangelAm irukkaRa mAdhiriyE... ;-)

As far as Ajith and soobar star - they are too drunk on the "powerful role" myth. Was seeing Rajini's speech on the birthday function they showed in Sun TB - he says "Endhiran 150 Cr business" so adhukku tally aagara maadhiri Raana panrennaar" I was like WTF - business mattum dhaan theridha saar unga kannukku? ippdiye ponaa padathula nadikkaamale retire aaga vendiyadhu dhaan.

appO avangaLa nominate paNNi kizhi kizhinnu kizhinga? Billa-2 release AchE 2012la? Rajiniya adutha varusham pArthukkalAm. Kamal - innum oru vArathulEyE keesiralAm

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 pm

I will be deeply concerned and worried if Jaiganes likes Viswaroobam. Laughing

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Stalion - A friend used to say this about BKVP "avanukke avana pudikkaadhu da"
Ajith in Billa 2
Vijay in Nanban

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  HonestRaj Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 am

leaving out the obvious choice like Udhayanidhi & others.. below are the 2 i nominate
---------
i) how much ever u hate Ajith & Vijay.. for me they are enjoyable one way or the other.. lol!
my worst actor is
SURYA Basketball
watching him in recent films are nail blackboard effect.. still i'll watch it once to confirm he has not changed

ii) i'm at home in these roles.. i will perform this one till u hate.. & i started hating him..
DHANUSH -- for all his on screen performance in 3 & surya'ish stage perfomances.. kolaveri thakkudhal

-----
people cannot say Ajith acted badly in Billa-2.. he was present in the film.. thats all.. so we cannot tag him as worst actor..
& Thuppakki.. i enjoyed all the "ek viswanathan.. dho viswanathan" hindi dialogues..

this year.. "i'm youth" Vikram might make into my list
HonestRaj
HonestRaj

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Plum - Bharath, Siva Karthikeyan, Vijay
Honestraj - Surya, Dhanush (Ajith/Vijay situation neutralise paNnanumnE yOsichiruppAr pOla!)
Bala(Karthik) - Ajith, Vijay (Usual Suspects in such a list)
app_engine - Siva Karthikeyan
Nerd - Naren, Vikram Prabhu, Vijay
jaiganes - rejetted because of nominating non-contestants Kamal and Rajini who didn't release a film last year
kid_glove - Udhayanidhi, Vikram Prabhu, Vijay
V_S - Udhayanidhi, Jeeva

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 pm

So,

Vijay - 4
Bharath - 1
Siva Karthikeyan - 2
Ajith - 1
Vikram Prabhu - 2
Dhanush - 1
Surya - 1
Naren - 1
Udhayanidhi - 2
Jeeva - 1

We'll finalise 5 options for the poll...by Wednesday or so.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 am

Plum
I have nominate Udhayanidhi (Staliion)
above . (varalaatruppizhai aaidakkoodaadhu paarunga) Goes back to hibernation

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  balaji.r Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:30 pm

HonestRaj wrote:& Thuppakki.. i enjoyed all the "ek viswanathan.. dho viswanathan" hindi dialogues..

Try watching ATM that had better kindhi dialogue delivery. Andheri mein aaagh, fire engine bijwaa Laughing

balaji.r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next