Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

+23
jayannamalai1979
karthicc
irfan123
ksnavaneeth@gmail.com
vaticanscientist
fring151
crimson king
Drunkenmunk
skr
layman10
Usha
plum
Raaga_Suresh
olichudar
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
kiru
sagi
groucho070
SenthilVinu
V_S
Wizzy
app_engine
27 posters

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Empty Re: Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

Post  app_engine Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:25 am

nanRi karthicc for the appreciation!

I must acknowledge musicalaya.net who've hosted these covers - without which this thread would not have been possible!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Empty Re: Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Cassette cover of Vishwa Thulasi:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 1555519_325918800905651_2045879709_n
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:37 am

twitter'la makkaLs working overtime to thwart vishamikaL...

MTK LP covers brought-in there to kill bogus / nonsense claim of "only-SJ-revealed-MSV-role-in-MTK" :

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Mtk_fr10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Mtk_ba10

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

lol, MSV's name even precedes IR's.  What more was he supposed to do?

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:03 am

Oh god, I just joined twitter last week. The monumental stupidity, shamelessness and deviousness of some of the maniacs out there is hard to express. And I haven't even run into any VM fans yet....

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:55 am

fring151 wrote: And I haven't even run into any VM fans yet....

Some VM amusement here:
https://twitter.com/kbalakumar/status/487206208269344768

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 pm

fring151,

Look at this threaddu, oru VM-fan vandhAchchu (quite notorious in the hub):

https://twitter.com/dagalti/status/487463026073673730

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:32 pm

app_engine wrote:fring151,

Look at this threaddu, oru VM-fan vandhAchchu (quite notorious in the hub):

An entertaining bunch for sure. Pig-headed, smug and self-righteous.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:20 am

app_engine wrote:twitter'la makkaLs working overtime to thwart vishamikaL...

MTK LP covers brought-in there to kill bogus / nonsense claim of "only-SJ-revealed-MSV-role-in-MTK" :

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Mtk_fr10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Mtk_ba10

If even after seeing this, the maniac continues to maintain his " My father didn't know MSV was co-composer, neither did I" and uses that to justify his slander, what more needs to be said? They are mentally ill. As I was telling Munk, there must be a deeper reason for this irrational hatred of IR that some people harbour.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:14 am

I guess it is not wrong to be ignorant of facts.

For e.g., many of my relatives too, who love MTK songs, aren't aware of the fact that the album had MSV. (I've even seen many people attribute EVERY HIT of 80's to IR, even though a lot of them were S-G / GA MD-ed songs. The poor-most guy should be that Devendran who did vEdham pudhidhu, totally forgotten and that kaNNukkuL nooru nilavA & puththam pudhu Olai varum are credited to rAsA by most people, not just those who were born later but pretty much the majority who were alive when the movie came out).

Ordinary people have a general tendency to give such credits automatically to popular artists. (Well, I'm one such too - who gave credit to MSV for a lot of 60's / 70's songs until I landed on tfmpage and learnt the contribution of the likes of V Kumar et al. Even KVM wasn't spared Embarassed )

And how many of us gave credit to GA for the many gems he penned? Or others such as Pulamaippiththan? Embarassed
(Unless musicalaya vinyl covers opened out the data, I would have been ignorant in a number of cases)

That way, an average TN-er (especially those born in 80's or later) not knowing that MSV-IR did MTK together, is not a sin.

That ARRF is ok up to this point.

That such people came to know from the SJ interview about ooru sanam is plausible. With a strong ARR affection (and thus anti-IR), could have even thought foolishly that IR stole the credit.

Until that point, the fellow can be excused. (Even though his parents should have known better, being from a prior gen. However, it appears they too have grudge against IR - but even then, not knowing cannot be called a crime in itself, esp. in these 25 year old cases).

Crime started when the fellow started PROPAGATING his ignorance + venom against rAsA together on the net, blaming rAsA of stealing credits.

Before vomiting such thingies on the web, one has to CHECK THE FACTS. If not, getting beaten up / defamation suit / kaNdanangaL / vasaigaL etc are definitely in order. (Kamal Akarsh had been actually very polite in that 2009 thread to point out facts. However, the fellow is blatant and didn't learn from the decency shown by Akarsh).

If such characters have a little bit of self-esteem, they'll be quick to concede errors, post public apology and straighten themselves up.

That he is not willing to do but continue accusing people who point this out - calling names such as vidhaNdAvAdhi / I have no time for this etc, clearly shows they have no self-esteem.

The funnier lot are those who clapped when this guy threw such baseless allegations (and some later disowned him as well, while not feeling any remorse for blaming a genius artist Shocked )

The worst case, obviously, is the one who tried to defame IRF's, as a counter-attack to the expose! (i.e. to the extent of questioning the character of some, on the context of twitter ID changes - despite he himself changing it recently) Shocked

Opportunity to identify that there are such twisted minds in this world, with whom one may be communicating unknowingly or foolishly - expecting reasoning powers.

Having posted this, I wonder why should any IRF be any more in dialog with such characters?

क्या फायदा?

What kick can one get out of such interaction?

Last edited by app_engine on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:17 am

app - interesting now that you are asking this NOW.
Only hyesterday munk was telling me that a few ARR fans have conceded privately to him that maniacs are rowdies too. So veRRi meduvA dhAn varum.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:23 am

I do feel though that we did go overboard with our own folks (Complicateur and all). These fools deserve all round hounding alright and having made the point day before yesterday and seeing the shamelessness yesterday, the sane ARR fans in my TL slyly ridiculed such characters publicly and also some others privately said why are both sides working overtime (this is a proper, respected ARR fan and not some nobody). So adhOda vutrukkalAm enna kEtrundhA. Because, in the ensuing overdrive din, the actual point is lost and the gumbal can scream "ayyo kole panraango", "look at the negativity yaar" without any remorse and walk away coolly. That this exposes them more is a fact. But this further expose is being celebrated only among the choir imo and most of the others, while admitting the other side was shameless, are taken aback by the degree of outrage (can be justified) and the extent to which it is creating panchayaths among our group itself (inga dhAn konjam prechanai enakku).
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:28 pm

OK. I just read the Kamini Mathai book with portions on IR in it. Almost crashed the home with me. Had to be controlled by mom. Layers of duplicity and hypocrisy from the man and his fan peddlers coming to surface and even I am surprised at the scale and depth of it all. Didn't want to raise this on twitter immediately since ippo dhAn Onjurukku and I have 2 days' work (productivity has touched nadir because of this Embarassed ) and didn't wish to disturb my inner peace. idhukkellAm oru nAL badhil varum. Like Plum says, we shall win the battle of posterity. I want to be there to see it.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:06 pm

plum wrote: you are asking this NOW.

signs of ageing Laughing

I'm amazed at your energy & optimism!

Keep it up!!
Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:03 am

One thing that got nakedly exposed in this PM-theme business is this:

NOT MANY BONAFIDE ARRFs HAD OPENLY CONDEMNED THE OFFENDER!
(Refer P_R's tweet on this and the soththai responses by ARRF gumbal)

That's mind boggling!
(Even the supposedly condemning ones have only silently done so i.e. via non-web confessions to DM and such persons aka their friends or at the max, "nAnga sollalai" kind of samALippu).

Not many had openly criticized a blatant liar! (If anything, I read only nonsensical "5 varusham AchchE pAvam maRadhi, I know he is otherwise good guy, vENumnA rAsA kitta mannippu kEppOm" kind of kuppai).

What a contrast that is to IRFs!

All these years, even in our forum, IRFs don't care about who talked nonsense - even if it happened to be rAsA himself (e.g. on that akila-ulaga-fan-club) or his mooththa magan's indulgences such as in iLayathaLam FB.

We never hesitate to call such as deplorable!

To the extent that some HCIRF's got blocked by KR on twitter. (Well, KR had even left twitter now I think) Laughing

Also, we never hesitated to make corrections / admit errors & mistakes etc! (Apart from refraining from insinuations in the first place).

That is what one can call self-esteem / honesty / principled stand etc.

Something one typically does not get to see with ARRFs. (Does his music making process have something to do with this? Laughing )

Something I'm proud of, with you fellow IRFs! (Once again, possible effect of listening to the man's music for years...)

the clap

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:18 am

Even in the recently uploaded 80s show videos, Ilayaraja clearly refers to the film he did with MSV anna.  He never referred to them as solely his creations.  I have watched the film and right at the beginning, there is a photo showing IR and MSV happily working together.  Ignorance is not a plea in the eyes of the law, or common sense for that matter.  It's ok not to know only up to the point that one doesn't foolishly jump to criticise someone for something he did not do.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Maniacs, here's an old Hindu interview where Rahman himself clearly says he was only an operator and NOT composer of the PM theme.
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~kailasan/interviews/perfection%20is%20his%20key%20to%20success.htm

When the duplicity and naked lying of the maniac who happens to be the source of this popular internet rumour was thoroughly exposed, to the extent that he was well aware of this interview and still continued to wilfully spread these rumours all over the internet, I surveyed a few maniacs n twitter thus: In light of recent revelations, do you *still* believe ARR *composed* PM theme? a) Yes, b) No, c) Can't say.

3 maniacs refused to answer, I got only 1 direct response and guess what, it was c)  rotfl2

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:44 am

On why HCARRFs exhibit such behaviour, it might have something to do with the fact that ARR's personal saintliness is central to the faith, so thy have to live in denial about their idol's err, many unsaintly statements and manipulations that are coming to light slowly. Of course there are many who don't feel compelled to believe the sainthood narrative, and those are the normal, sane ARR fans as opposed to maniacs.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 pm

fring151 wrote: Of course there are many who don't feel compelled to believe the sainthood narrative, and those are the normal, sane ARR fans

And most of such ones also happen to appreciate IR's music at one time or other, per my observation Smile
(e.g. our own DM)

The insane ones have the compulsive behaviour of hate for IR. (That is why I'm wondering - if there's any connection between what you feed thru ears for years and how you behave in life Wink )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:45 pm

app_engine wrote:
fring151 wrote: Of course there are many who don't feel compelled to believe the sainthood narrative, and those are the normal, sane ARR fans

And most of such ones also happen to appreciate IR's music at one time or other, per my observation Smile
(e.g. our own DM)

And I have a few HCARRF friends who don't believe in the ARR sainthood narrative who enjoy IR's music quite a lot (they may/may not like the man or his talk but I think I can understand that) and discern the man from the music and make it a point to respect his music.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Nerd posted on twitter this uNaru Thamizh dubbing audio sleeve (sangam):
Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Unaru_10

Mohan Lal Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  vaticanscientist Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 am

Went through the thread. Amazing work app_engine!

Here are some missing ones - Pardon me if they are already there.

Rishimoolam
Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Rishim12

vaticanscientist

Back to top Go down

Post  vaticanscientist Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:56 am

Aayiram Vaasal Idhayam

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Aayira10

Nenjathai Killathe (with a different front)

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Nenjat10

vaticanscientist

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:01 pm

nanRi vaticanscientist!

Unfortunately, this forum is pretty much unknown to TN-ers and that's why ignorance abounds there...

e.g.
https://twitter.com/writerpara/status/489213614499184640

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  vaticanscientist Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Two more...

Vellai Pura Ondru...

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Vellai10

Devi Sridevi (Poor Condition)

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 23 Devi_s10

vaticanscientist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next