Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

+23
jayannamalai1979
karthicc
irfan123
ksnavaneeth@gmail.com
vaticanscientist
fring151
crimson king
Drunkenmunk
skr
layman10
Usha
plum
Raaga_Suresh
olichudar
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
kiru
sagi
groucho070
SenthilVinu
V_S
Wizzy
app_engine
27 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Empty Re: Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

Post  groucho070 Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 am

app_engine wrote:Just noticed that the 'வந்தது நல்லது நல்ல இடம், இன்றுடன் செல்வது தேவனிடம்...சூப்புக்குக் கோழியும் வந்ததக்கா' song in garjanai got penned by Kavingar Embarassed
Maybe he was having fever, and IR was keep bugging him to drink chicken soup (like how producers keep repeating "May" "May" that triggered Anbu nadamAdum kalaikudamE). Intolerable part of the lyrics. KavingarE KavingarE Laughing
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Empty Re: Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 pm

groucho070 wrote: bugging him to drink chicken soup (like how producers keep repeating "May" "May" that triggered Anbu nadamAdum kalaikudamE).

lol!

I think these LP covers will bring out "பல புதிய உண்மைகள்" Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Now, a historic album from an IRF POV:
poNNu oorukkup pudhusu!

Not just that it had that phenomenal hit 'Oram pO rukkumaNi vaNdi varudhu' which kind of started the rAsA-iconization in the TF field (despite the song getting banned from AIR broadcasting)...

It also was perhaps the first "total-dumb" movie that tasted BO success with just IR's name and songs! On top of some ridiculous story and low production values, it also had Sudhakar (with Saritha, what a combo Laughing)!

I still remember the posters that showed after  a couple of weeks with advertisement caption that a "new song had been added, oru manjakkuruvi" Smile

So much was IR's "BO power" in patti-thotti of TN at that point of time!

And, songs - what lovely songs! My all-time-fav IR duet, sAmakkOzhi Ey koovudhammA with SPS! SPS also had that lovely sOlaikkuyilE solo. Add the 'unakkenaththAnE innEramA' song about which a lot had been written by plum, V_Sji and others in the hub!

Enjoy the colorful covers :

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Ponnu_10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Ponnu_11

Another interesting thing about this disk cover is it displays 45 RPM predominantly. Still, it had 3 songs per each side. That means, it was not the regular 45 RPM compact sized record but should have been of the regular 33 RPM disk size (i.e. the LP record size but recorded at a faster RPM).

That's quite interesting...

Last edited by app_engine on Sun May 12, 2019 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Super post App!. AppadiyE namma oorukku pOna thirupthi irunthathu, looking at the covers. Well said about that "patti thotti hit" and moreover as I said earlier, those days the songs will only be a hit or blockbuster (or whatever) only after they listen in radio/TV and/or watch the movie on the screen and they like it. It will not be on the first day. Nowadays, they first buy the music without listening to it and claim it is a hit/blockbuster right on the first day. Very lame kind of approach and totally gives a false picture about the musical quality. Most of these happen only in urban areas, there is no reach to every one unlike those days, even without all these technologies, music reached every one.
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Another sweet little album by IR for his first lead pair (Sujatha-Sivakumar)...

poonthaLir (my dad commented during the arrival that he happened to be in the shooting spot of this movie and watched a scene being shot - when the child goes to the door to get the recently-delivered milk bottle...milk was delivered in bottles those days, prior to the development of  the polythene packets that were used to deliver milk).

All four songs are sweet numbers and regulars on IOKS radio...my top pick is, yes, 'vA pon mayilE nenjam Ekkaththil thavikkudhu' by the inimitable SPB!

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Poonth10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Poonth11

Last edited by app_engine on Sun May 12, 2019 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 pm

adadA...the site DID HAVE puthiya vArppukAL, BR's fourth silver jubilee film Embarassed

Just that they spelt it differently (putiya) and I didn't notice it.

Posting it now Smile The movie that introduced KBR as a hero! He was doing only insignificant (just one or two scenes kind of) roles in the previous three movies of BR. He was also the story-dialog writer of some of those.

Also, the movie was the launch pad of the 'Ek dujE kE liyE' ladki...Rathi...

Recently, during the 'nenjam thotta rAsA' series on visay TV, director Vasanth remarked that 'thamthana namthana thALam varum' was the song that made him openly manifest his conversion from a HCMSVF to an IRF Smile

What a lovely song! I remember reading those days that veeNai Gayathri used to play regularly for IR's songs and she probably did the sweet veeNai sounds in this number...

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Puthiy10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Puthiy11

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Puthiy12

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Puthiy13

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Just to showcase that how even totally forgotten (not that these even got registered in the first place, chummA oru idhukku, should be called "unknown") movies suddenly light up our day because of some unforgettable IR songs...

sonnadhu nee dhAnA (ippadi oru padam vandhadho, pOnadhO romba silarukkE theriya vAippu irukku...OTOH, the 'sonnadhu nee dhAnA' song sung by PS is an evergreen classic!).

Now, this movie has a PJ number - even the very mention of 'veLLi nilAvinilE thamizh veeNai vandhadhu, adhu pAdum rAgam nee rAjA' makes me sit up and suddenly brightens my day!

Though the disk had more than one song, thiraippAdal had chosen to host only that number - simply NOT TO BE MISSED by anyone interested in IR's music & PJ's voice :
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3398'&lang=en

Now, for documentation purposes, the disk covers here:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Sonnad10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Sonnad11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:49 pm

'rOsAppoo ravikkaikkAri' was advertised to be Sivakumar's 100th movie (poor fellow, even in that movie, there was no heroics possible for him...only the role of a loser...look how his kid Karthi is a "mass-hero" from day one Laughing)

IR gave a wonderful score for his first hero...'uchchi vahindheduththu' will not easily leave the minds of TN-ers who happened to live during the arrival of the song, until their lives end!

Actually, this number could easily challenge if there is another song so brilliantly fresh yet rooted in the maN & so emotional in TFM...

plum's favourite Unni Mary is featured in the cover, Deepa the 'rOsappoo ravikkaikkAri' Smile

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Rosapp10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Rosapp11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Looking at the back cover that RR's LP record, me wonders whether this was the biggest featured IR-pic on disk until that time Smile

Nice one and there's some 75% match to today's Karthik Raja Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:57 pm

ok, coming to the end of current run of year 1979...one last album cover (and the last one for today...it'll be a while before I post more, as holidays are typically busier than work days Laughing )

Movie that not only features in my "all-time-top-10-in-TF" but also in a similar list of many others (including such celebrities as Mani Ratnam)...

Yes, Mahendran's uthirippookkaL!

With that terrific 'azhagiya kaNNE' by kavingar & SJ!

Enjoy the covers - even those were designed different it appears :

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Uthiri10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Uthiri11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 am

app_engine wrote:
Another interesting thing about this disk cover is it displays 45 RPM predominantly. Still, it had 3 songs per each side. That means, it was not the regular 45 RPM compact sized record but should have been of the regular 33 RPM disk size (i.e. the LP record size but recorded at a faster RPM).

That's quite interesting...

are these standard 140g pressings? should have cost a bomb in those days.

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 DSC_2480
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Wizzy wrote:
are these standard 140g pressings?

I have no idea about the manufacturing tech & such specs...more viLakkam please...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Starting those available for the illustrious year 1980...

Devar films 'anbukku nAn adimai'.

Naturally, the LP cover has presence of jAnvar(s)...dog & ram, apart from humans - Rajini & Rathi.

Back cover also has the ram & Rathi.

rAsA pic is squeezed between producer, director & lyricists...

Three songs were quite popular (kAththOdu poo orasa, kAttiloru singakkuttiyAm & onROdu onRAnOm anbOdu). I'm surprised that there's a fourth song (pazhuththa pazham, PS solo) and I don't even remember hearing this once before  Shocked  

All four songs are at thiraippAdal:
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00042&lang=en

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Anbukk10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Anbukk11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Second (and possibly the last) movie by director Rudraiyah...(whose first was avaL appadiththAn, a wonder)

grAmaththu aththiyAyam!

rAsA blessed him with four gems - Aththu mEttula, oodhakkAththu veesaiyilE, vAdAtha rOsAppoo, poovE idhu poojaikkAlamE (from the vinyl cover, all got penned by GA)!

Nice front cover...

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Gramat10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Gramat11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Kamal - Sridevi - I V Sasi...

One of the all-time-big-commercial-albums of IR...guru

The movie title cards showed just SPB & SJ as singers (like a later arrival payaNangaL mudivadhillai).

I've earlier mentioned about the "incapability to hold more than 4 songs in a disk" problem in the 'anything about IR in the net' thread, citing guru as the example. I'm re-presenting the cover pics here, just for documentation purposes Smile

The album had 6 sweet numbers :

-pEraich chollavA? adhu nyAyam AgumA?
-paRandhAlum vida mAttEn
-endhan kaNNil EzhulagangaL vArAi kaNNA vA
-nAn vaNangukiREn
-AdungaL pAdungaL piLLaippon vaNdukaL
-mAmanukkup paramakkudi (Kamal's ooru name plugged in here)

This cover pic from musicalaya website has only four out of those six songs...

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Guru_110

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Guru_210

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Guru_310

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Can't believe this is my 600th post in this new forum  Shocked  

It appears to me like we started only a few days back... regardless of when we began, I was definitely posting at a maddening pace. Well, the holidays cooled it down a bit and the pace is picking up again Laughing

OK, while I don't have enough time to invest for a post for the IR-PS thread, at the minimum let me try to add an interesting album pic for this small landmark Smile

Johny!

Interestingly, the LP cover has nenjathaik kiLLAthE, as a bonus! It also has something called a "chasing track", an instrumental - though the film's name is not mentioned for this track, it can't be from NK...must be from Johny. If someone has the actual disk, please let us know what BGM is that.

So, one stone two mangoes...

Another interesting thing about this cover is crediting Jency for the 'oru iniya manadhu isaiyai aNaiththuch chellum' song. I've always thought that the track was by Sujatha. (Or at least there were two versions, one by Jency and another by Sujatha). This album cover does not show any Sujatha version. SJ'kku one, SPS'kku one but Jency'kku mattum two songsA? idikkudhu rAsA sArE!

I gave a more careful listen to the song from thiraippAdal just now and it does sound like Jency now Embarassed (especially the ra / Ra are agmark Jency)
(thiraippAdal maintains Sujatha, however)...

(note - it's "snow reeta" and not "seno rita" Laughing )

Pics are here:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Johny_11

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Johny_12

Both movies were directed by Mahendran in the same year (as most of us know) and were both commercial and critical successes! Excellently supported by rAsA!

'nenjathaikkiLLAthE' also won NA for Ashok Kumar for oLippadhivu I think...in addition, the movie was a silver jubilee runner / trend setter etc...

Johny couldn't be called a trend-setter at that time and wasn't even thought about as a mega hit those days, i.e. in comparison to the other adi-dhadi movies of him during the same time period, (e.g. murattukkALai / billA etc)...some "style-fans" were even upset those days with his different authoring of the dual roles, despite Rajini being very stylish but not gimmicky. However, the movie won over many in subsequent years and can now be considered to attaining classic status in the minds of many. Sridevi - sollavE vENAm, one of her career best roles!

(oru small personal note - I didn't watch Johny when arrived. It was in 1983 June that I watched the movie, when my 3rd sem exams were on...In the middle of sem exams, I watched the movie both 6 PM & 10 PM shows in college audi on a Saturday Shocked No wonder that was my poor-most performance in any exams Embarassed First time I got 59 in a paper and the only case of hitting below 70 I think! pinna enna, moththamE oru semesterla padikkaRadhu 15 days only for all 6 papers, adhulayum oru nAL pOchchu Laughing )

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

app_engine wrote:Interestingly, the LP cover has nenjathaik kiLLAthE, as a bonus! It also has something called a "chasing track", an instrumental - though the film's name is not mentioned for this track, it can't be from NK...must be from Johny. If someone has the actual disk, please let us know what BGM is that.
I found it in some site, just now. Not downloaded it yet. It is from Johnny.
http://www.ziddu.com/download/13068926/Chasingmusic.mp3.html
V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:30 am

V_S wrote:I found it in some site, just now. Not downloaded it yet. It is from Johnny.
http://www.ziddu.com/download/13068926/Chasingmusic.mp3.html

nanRi, V_Sji!

It's exactly the BGM what I expected to be...However, I don't think the whole length of this track is together in the movie, it comes in bits and pieces I think...possibly put together as a track...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:39 am

#Even all the mp3 version of Senorita calls it Snow Rita, now I know what the origin is.

#Uravenum is by Gangai Amaran. Pleasantly surprised. Big fan of the pallavi/anupallavi lines

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 am

app_engine wrote:Cover(s) of another historic album from an IRF POV, considering the fact that it has those two fantastic SPB-SJ "STEREO" duets (engengO sellum en eNNangaL & dEvadhai oru dEvadhai).

OTOH, these covers should make traditional NTFs run for cover Laughing
Laughing Slight bump in an awesome thread. I hate, hate, hate, hate this movie. NT, why? Why???
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Another I V Sasi movie from 1980 - kALi...it seems he was quite busy both in MF & TF during this time period.

There're two links in the musicalaya site for this movie...but one of the covers don't even list any songs. They have pictures of Rajini & Seema chEchi (riding a motorcycle) ; here are those two pictures :

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kali_110

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kali_210

However, the second link has the cover with all the songs listed. (We're quite familiar with this cover, from my old post in the "anything found in the net about IR" thread. It has both kALi & guru movie songs included...two IV Sasi movies, one with Kamal and another with Rajini ; it has the funny "ghuru" spelling for the KH-SD movie).

Here are those two pictures, repeated for making this thread the one-stop-shop for all record cover pics:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kali_310

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kali_410

'adi Adu poongodiyE' is such a lovely MV number from kALi!

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Wizzy has recently posted the youtube of 'nee illAtha pOthu' in another thread. What a lovely song from the movie 'iLamaikkOlam'!

Wait a minute - the vinyl cover says it was 'iLamai kOlam' with no 'ikku' Laughing

The album has two wonderful KJY numbers that most of us are very familiar with - the semi classical 'sreedEvi en vAzhvil aruL seyya vA' and the rocky themmAngu 'vachcha pArvai theerAdhadee'!

It was possibly the launch vehicle of the villain of Sivaji the boss...(also note the picture of KBR in the album cover, for kadhai-vasanam Smile )

Look at the covers now:

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Ilamai10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Ilamai11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:37 pm

If not for the sweet 'kAlangaL, mazhakkAlangaL', none would have possibly cared for a movie called 'idhayaththil Or idam' - not now, but even at the time of the movie's arrival.

Most knew such a movie existed only by listening to this song on radio...(IOKS broadcasted this pretty regularly, especially in the evening 5.30 neengaL kEttavai program).

Funny to see the disk cover where S P Shailaja's name was originally printed against this song and later correction made it S Janaki Laughing

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Idhaya10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Idhaya11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:43 pm

A couple of years back, there was this doubt in one of the hub threads about whether Nivas was actually credited as the director for kallukkuL eeram. (I stood by memory that he was the director as per posters those days and BR was credited with 'direction mERpArvai' only...in addition to playing the protagonist on screen)

Those were days when youtube didn't have the whole movie & it wasn't that easy to locate this movie on the net...(IIRC, Nerd or another prominent hubber had to search out the DVD in their collection to verify the titles).

Though such question can easily be answered nowadays as there're plenty of net resources to confirm such, it's nice to have a pic in our own thread to verify such trivia Smile

So, here is the KE album cover that clearly credits the oLippadhivALar as the director as well...(and what lovely songs IR had gifted this movie with Shocked )

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kalluk10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kalluk11

BTW, if there's a vinyl record that can be called a "star on screen", that has to be this one Smile

After all, the 'siRu pon maNi' song from this created thunderous response when gettting played from a music shop in the movie 'subramaniyapuram'! Calculating from its release time, a quarter century later - a phenomenal feat by any standards!

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm

This must be one very interesting (i.e. unique) disk cover featuring IR.

Because, it also features four other MDs!

kaNNil theriyum kathaikaL - that had 5 MD's, each one doing a portion of the movie (and not working together). Also, each one doing one song!

The disk cover clearly states that 'nAnoru ponnOviyam kaNdEn ethirE' was done by IR, with SPB-SJ-PS the singers! (Well, even if it credits incorrectly, we know who alone can compose such a number  Wink  ) It can also be used to correct fellows who claim IR to be the composer of 'nAn onna nenachchEn' song (SPB-VJ-Jikki) Smile One of the biggest hit songs for S-G during that time period!

Nice to see all the MD's posing for a picture together...for the sake of the movie's producer possibly, the 'pAppA pAppA katha kELu, kAkkA nariyin katha kELu' singer A L Raghavan!

Considering the fact that (annakkiLi) Devaraj-Mohan were the directors of this movie, that IR had agreed to do only a portion proves he wasn't ego-driven Smile

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kannil10

Vinyl ("LP" record) covers speak about IR (Pictures & Details) - Thamizh - Page 3 Kannil11

Last edited by app_engine on Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next