Concerts of Raaja

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Re: Concerts of Raaja

Post  irir123 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:31 am

Am not sure if IR is responsible for ppl falling down at his feet. Perhaps as a pre-concert instruction, he may ask ppl not to do so, but I have heard from sources that ppl fall at his feet spontaneously, without him saying anything.
irir123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:32 pm

Once-in-a-lifetime-experience - Part 1

Warning : This will have more personal stuff than anything related to music Wink

Basically I'm a "sOmbERi" (lazy fellow) nowadays when it comes to attending entertainment events. Well, for the past many years (not just after my coming to U.S. but even before, in KL), it is difficult for people to push me to go to even movie theaters Embarassed  

While my fandom for IR is well "documented", I've never ever attended a stage concert of him before (or seen him in person). Interestingly, I used to grab every opportunity during my student days or bachelor days (1976-1990) to attend ANY concert happening in the town where I was (living or visiting). Unfortunately, IR wasn't doing that many concerts those days and thus it never happened. (Those few events that he conducted for rAjagOpuram or other charities were in places unreachable to me those days).

Coming to recent years, when IR had traveled to NA a few times, one reason or other prevented me from attending one. While I had seen many of the clips on TV / youtube etc. & kind of knew how these events are, never could attend one.

Now, this time, it happened against all odds Smile

When my nephew (sister's son who is in early 20's i.e. 30+ years younger than me) wanted to go to Toronto, specifically with me for this IR concert, I was surprised.

For him it is a 5 hour drive and for us about 3. He is a busy medical school student with tons of study work and is particularly not into any IFM / TFM. Of course, he is a piano player and reverberates the home daily with that huge grand but definitely is not into IR - except when he has no other option - as in, forced to be in a car with me Laughing  Accordingly, he didn't go with his mother to the CT concert and she drove alone to attend that event (like how she attended a previous one at NJ too), which showed me how big of an IRF she is - even though between us we hardly discuss IR that much Wink

When I asked him why he wanted to go, he said it would be interesting to listen to the concert sitting with me as I'll be adding a lot of comments (which I typically do when driving in the car, about the song that gets played Laughing ). Interesting, I thought. Well, another opportunity to introduce IR to the youngster - that made me excited for the event.

Then it was about getting "approval" from wife. No difficulty there as she seemed to have more thrill going there than me Laughing (I know she likes concerts but never insisted / pushed me). Our son wasn't available and our daughter had no choice but to be with us (and she liked the idea of "Anjappar - Niagara falls view hotel room" etc and wasn't complaining).

Well, one may ask - what is this, an IRF talking about family-this-that and not about the sheer excitement of attending a live concert / grand orchestra / Ilayaraja personally on stage etc.

For some reason, such were not on my mind (possibly because of watching too many youtubes that took away my thrill or excitement).

Either way, I was all set to drive on April 1 from Detroit to Toronto. First stop at Missisauga Anjappar and then to Air Canada stadium.

(To be continued)

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

app_engine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  panniapurathar on Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:25 am

app Aiyya!!!  I am so thrilled that you finally got to see an IR concert.  Take your time to give us all the juicy details we will wait for you!  

Also, I so wish V_S would come  out of his sabbatical and post his impressions of the Chicago concert.  I miss his posts so much.

panniapurathar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IsaiRasigan on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 am

App_eng sir your post strikes a chord. (no pun intended) I also have never seen IR concert, but do not miss any news about it.

Eagerly awaiting your posts.

IsaiRasigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum