Concerts of Raaja

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Concerts of Raaja

Post  app_engine on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Usha wrote:
inga enga veetula oppiste mythila... enaku varutham.....pulambinen. kanavar samadhanam seidhar..
Orchestravai gavani.. IR ai par endru....

Singing was atrocious.
Period.
I don't think anyone who watched the program can disagree.

Even the "Ms.reliable" KSC is not in fine form Embarassed
(I don't know why IR asked her to sing puththam pudhukkAlai - struggled - the girl who sang in Megha was right there on stage and could have easily done a better job IMHO)

'chinnachchinna vaNNakkuyil' by the super singer girl - I've seen her singing the same song much better on FB posts and whatsapp forwards (from TV programs / stage shows), this one was lifeless.

Hariharan was atrocious. IR saved the 'en mana vAnil' song (excellent confirmation on the meta references).

While singers cannot be given marks in this concert, I won't say "I missed SPB", after that nonsense FB post by him. NOT ANYMORE.

If we want his great singing, we'll play it from CD.  Sad

People come to / watch the concerts for IR. His gestures for that butterfly flying alone is sufficient to have one's money's worth!

app_engine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 pm

In general, why does he do these concerts?

Is it because he does not have enough income to make his studio payments as well as keep his session musicians?

As his older compositions do require a big orchestra, he needs a jumbo jet to ensure that his people and equipment fit. The latest song in his list is 'Om Sivoham' which is 8 years old. Even Raja is not driving a clear message.

Thankfully they did not brag that they lost the sheet music for some song...

ravinat

View user profile http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:21 pm

ravinat wrote:In general, why does he do these concerts?

Is it because he does not have enough income to make his studio payments as well as keep his session musicians?

I think so.  

The current TFM that is keyboard-driven does not need many instrument players (recently read this coming from a current MD who is trying to revive orchestral music). So, all those terrific players on stage of Malaysia concert need these events to continue their standard of living IMHO.

KR (as confirmed by IR in the concert), who is someone without many assignments like these players, wants to put together such events.

app_engine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:34 pm

from 32.14 poo potta thavani....... kashtamana instrumentation....... azhaga present panninanga..... adhai thodarndhu..

IR.. Anitha conversation.... Janaki mam paatuku.. avangalae padinangala.. endru...

IR solrar.. Naan dhan solli  koduthen. .. epadi endru........

ponmeni urugudhae..  naan sonna thanae  theiryum.... naan dhan solli kuduthen......

enna oru style........... Anitha.. Really nice rendition.......

..naan paatuku edhodho pesikitu iruken........  kindal and vekkam mugathil.........
ipovavadhu solli kondarae.

Ilaiya nila.. solli kdutha vidham... enna oru  bhavam...  vaarthaiku vaarthai  modulation....... enna oru notes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDm-j-vSYCY

Usha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum