Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread.

+22
Drunkenmunk
vicks
crimson king
dilbert
HonestRaj
Michael AF
kid_glove
equanimus
Kaaling
Cinemarasigan
Hamid
V_S
sagi
Wizzy
Sakalakala Vallavar
CF
Bala (Karthik)
jaiganesh
plum
app_engine
groucho070
26 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread.

Post  Wizzy Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:
Wizzy wrote:
BTW,people having different screen names was very common those days and the tradition continues even today.

Why does our man go around with a Muslims-are-always-persecuted complex????????

why does Shaam/Arya have more of a hindu sounding name or for that matter Joseph Vijay prefers to be called as Vijay??
having a different screen name is common but this is clearly a different case. wonder why TFI doesn't even give them the liberty of reprising a role of a muslim/christian thorough and through the movie, TFI is so reclusive in this regard Rolling Eyes

In sa,me TFI only Rahman and Kushboo and Jyothika and so many muslims are there na?! Who asked Arya or SHaam to hide their religious interests? Are we building castle aout of nowhere?? I don;t see this as a point at all. esp in TN atleast. North la Dileep kumar naa athu vera vishayam

I have ppl saying that whatever penetration rahman was 'allowed to' (yes!) into bollywood was with the main ticket that he is an muslim!

Skv, Jothika unselected and Kush is an exception, for record KB asked AR to consider changing his name so there is a clear pattern of people from particular community been forced to change their birth name to more of a hindu sounding name.
would be downright deplorable/silly to even contemplate AR's fame/penetration in B'wood to his religion(wonder why is SS taking this sitting down!?). suggest you stay far far away from those people who think so Wink

CF, it isn't only about hiding their religion, they are merely adhering to stereotype of a hero from religious majority. Call center agent example you had cited is done for entirely different reason.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rajini and Kamal appreciation thread.

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Sakala
Kamalahaasan panra "thappa" neenga suttikkaatradhu irukkattum.
பார்ப்பனனுக்கும் அவனுக்கு support பண்றவனுக்கும் இந்த மாதிரி விஷயத்துல அதிகம் பேச உரிமை கிடையாது. அவிங்க அதிகம் பேசப்டாது. No locus standi. Muslim pathi ellaam apparam pesikkalaam

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Wizzy, wrt ARR i am not at all talking abt talent. But heard such an version from a person who was once active in hub. Its like, entry ticket pottu kudukkura thing.

But anyways, i maybe far ar away from the reality you / bala may be having in mind. Same time, wrt kamal, en side, somewhat similar to CF, niyaayam irukkaapla thaan irukku. Anyways, i need not fix anything and always ready to talk/know/correct-myself if i meet you or bala or anyone in person!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Pardon the digression -

Happy birthday superstar. Nallaa rest edunga.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bala (Karthik) Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 pm

LOL, birthday wishes to Superstar.

Nerd/SS/Hamid
Naalaikku inga Sivaji 3D release. Neenga private show ottunga

Bala (Karthik)

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:29 pm

12.12.12 annikku wish panra sugame thani.So will wish him tomorrow Smile(Indian time-ungo)

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:31 pm

At the minimum, the Dilip Kumar sagA to Amir Khan sagA proves how tolerant / diversity-accepting place Bollywood has "grown" to be. (May be facilitated by the Waheeda Rahmans, Zeenath Amans in-between...Mansur Ali Khan married Sharmila Tagore, another diversity-progessing step those days...now we have Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Amir Khan, Rahman...).

OTOH, like wizzy pointed out, the so-called socially progressive (means "unity in diversity") TN's film field seems to have regressed. The field that celebrated "Hasan" yesterday but pushes Joseph Vijay to "only Vijay" (or Arya, kind of a HC Hindutva name to a Muslim) is a valid case in point!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:Sakala
Kamalahaasan panra "thappa" neenga suttikkaatradhu irukkattum.
பார்ப்பனனுக்கும் அவனுக்கு support பண்றவனுக்கும் இந்த மாதிரி விஷயத்துல அதிகம் பேச உரிமை கிடையாது. அவிங்க அதிகம் பேசப்டாது. No locus standi. Muslim pathi ellaam apparam pesikkalaam

//digg

oru mode'la purinjukkittae pOnaen... sattunnu பேசப்டாது'nu pOdringa... adhae statementla அவா'va avoid pannittu அவிங்க'nu use panringa... subtext sariyaa vara maatengudhu...

wizz,

reg that rahman-north-entry point... enakkum oru standard irukkunga...

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 pm

I guess that "name-to-advantage" thingy is attributed to MM Kreem (i.e. Kareem bhAi) who is Maragathamani elsewhere.

There was a change in name involved in this case.

ARR? Absolutely not!

Perhaps the only talent who stormed north & south simultaneously in the film history Shocked

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  2040 Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:41 pm

app_engine wrote:At the minimum, the Dilip Kumar sagA to Amir Khan sagA proves how tolerant / diversity-accepting place Bollywood has "grown" to be. (May be facilitated by the Waheeda Rahmans, Zeenath Amans in-between...Mansur Ali Khan married Sharmila Tagore, another diversity-progessing step those days...now we have Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Amir Khan, Rahman...).

OTOH, like wizzy pointed out, the so-called socially progressive (means "unity in diversity") TN's film field seems to have regressed. The field that celebrated "Hasan" yesterday but pushes Joseph Vijay to "only Vijay" (or Arya, kind of a HC Hindutva name to a Muslim) is a valid case in point!

blame it all on the ppl behind such namings... makkal did not reject anybody based on their screen names... ivingalaa assume pannikkittaanga... apdi islam/christian names use panni talent irundhaalum nasukkappatta artist yaarachum irundhaa sollunga... nasser ellaam nallaadhaanae irukkaar... idhanaalayum dhaanae kamal'um ivarappOttu 'thennaattudaya sivanae pOtri'nu villatthanam seyya vechaaru...

edhayO paesappOyi edhayO pesittu irukkOm...

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

2040 wrote:blame it all on the ppl behind such namings... makkal did not reject anybody based on their screen names... ivingalaa assume pannikkittaanga...

Agree...we'll have to limit the discussion to the industry only.

Not the society Smile

I think KH talked about the industry mainly (Dilip Kumar, Hasan, Nasar)...

Malayalam industry has another interesting name "Mammootty" which is super popular (Original name Mohamed Kutty)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm

curiosity kostin:
Did Dawood Ibrahim have anything to do with the "Dilip Kumar to Salman Khan" transformation at Bollywood?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Bala (Karthik) wrote:
CF wrote:
Bala (Karthik) wrote:http://tinyurl.com/b43v98r என்ன ஆச்சு இந்த ஆளுக்கு?.ஒண்ணியும் சொல்றத்துக்கில்ல Sad
Attention Plum!

This is not the first time he has done this,seems a genuine fan-deserving or not us a matter of discussion.

I know a lot of people with refined tastes talking highly about Dilip Kumar,have not watched him enough to make a decision.
Fair enough CF. I know zilch about this. NT padame innum yeraalama paakka vendiyirukku.
However,
1. Over nenju nakking in this instance.
2. NT-DK hyphenated treatment is deeply unsettling. Hope it is either aaruvakkolaaru or the way the article has been put together

You have answered it yourself:
. NT-DK hyphenated treatment is deeply unsettling. Hope it is either aaruvakkolaaru or the way the article has been put together

idhu dhAN matteru.
You dont have to be an actor to tell that the limited Dilip Kumar is in a different plane, several levels lower, to NT. For that matter, he is way behind even Sathyan(Chemmeen fame) chettan and to some extent, Devudu and ANR.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Nerd wrote:Pardon the digression -

Happy birthday superstar. Nallaa rest edunga.

Timely! LOL

Happy Birthday *thalaivaa* (23 varusham Achu indha vArththaiya ivarukku solli)

Stay away from Whiskey, Brandy, Vijay TV, Ravikumar, Soundarya, ishwarya, dhanush, Kasthooriraja etc...

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 pm

indha vivaadhathula pudhusA solla oNnum illai. andha forumlEyE solliyAchu, vENumna repost paNnalAm

1) Kamal has a right to be biased
2) This bias doesn't take away any iota of credibility from his "secular" thoughts and ideas that he has expressed on screen
3) A lot of Brahmin persecution we talk about - is not at a level that really affects bread and butter. The historical persecution that *we* did to the others is no way comparable to current persecution that *we* perceive from *them*
( I am deliberately using *we* and *them* here since it is my cross to bear)
4) I see the same attitude in the Anglo-Saxon's defiant reverse-racism accusations at the natives, at the slightest provocation(real and imaginary). Basically, what the erstwhile powerful segments seem to want is to get away with a "mea-culpa" for historical atrocities and get on with a new equality theory. It doesnt work like that practically.
5) There are issues within the minority community that prevent their emancipation - but this doesnt give us a right to hide behind that and not criticise the other factors. At the least, we might be guilty of being passive accomplices to this

Someone like Kamal having that extra-bias-for may be a social need to balance the extra-bias-against.

Saying all this, I have to say I am extremely hesitant to rent my house to a non-vegetarian.

The narratives of social equality, social oppression etc are far too complex to be buried into a "madakkittEn pArthiyA unnoda non-neutral biased stance-ai" narratives. The discussions at intellectual level are useless and pointless in this...

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Bala - update: that Mirror article is by Subhash K Jha - indhALu oodhavE vENAm. Bacchan Propoganda Machinery thalaivar, Bollywood promoter. He must have twisted the words to give a heavy Yusuf-saab-is-deivam slant to it.
The beauty of it is with Kamal being primiarily interested in promotion of Viswa, he cannot spend time on rebuking this now. So, it is a safe mechanism of making it sound like what it has come across. Journalistic tricks - ask me!

BTW, indha Jha dhAn EdhO oru indhi padathukku(Dont remember if it was Shiva or Kaalapani) pOnappO "He may be a King of South but he doesnt know to compose for Bollywood films"-nu ezhudhinApla review. AmAyya unga levelukku iRangai vara theriyADhu dhAn!

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Subhash jha is to Kamal now what Khalid Mohammed was once upon a time.
But have to tell KM's interviews of KH were to me(at that point of time)fascinating while this guy is mediocre(as with 99.9% of media guys these days).
Guess he doesn't have much options when it comes to promoting him upnorth.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 pm

Khalid Mohammed was onsappanatime I think associated with the likes of Salilda and the types. appuRamA sERkkai sariyillai and he mazhungified.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:11 am

Today;s Vishwaroopam's Ad!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  groucho070 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 am

Posted this in my FB, with this comment, "Learned that Ilayaraja and SP Bala had a tough time making this gem. And you got away with unbuttoned shirt, you lovable naughty man you. Happy birthday, yeng man!"

groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 am

Thanks Sakala, good one that poster.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:58 am

There's a Kochadaiyaan ad in the paper too Laughing

My brother has been desperately trying to buy this for the USA. vonaam vonaam-nu evlo solliyin... This was his tweet earlier today:

https://twitter.com/ATMUSent/status/278572675444641792

ATMUS salutes Thalaivar the ONE and ONLY SUPERSTAR on his special birthday! Wish our dream of distributing his movie will come true in 2013!

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 am

Wishing a Very Happy Birthday Rajini sir. God bless you with best health and happiness for many more years to come. flower

How to select Rajini's best songs when everything is best. Fond memories from my school days. Handsome Rajini with Ambika and Radha. Very Happy

V_S
V_S

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:22 am

Favorite songs listing-aa? Very Happy

Raaja

Rahman

MSV

Devaji - Favorite non IRaaja Masala / Build up song

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Hamid Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 am

Happy B'day to the one and only superstar....

Hamid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next