Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hindi film music - Old is Gold

+9
fring151
rajkumarc
baroque
Drunkenmunk
crimson king
Usha
kamalaakarsh
V_S
app_engine
13 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Hindi film music - Old is Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Hindi film music - Old is Gold

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:39 am

Veteran Bollywood arranger Kersi Lord rated Tum Jo his favourite of all the songs he worked on.  Simply wild arrangements!  Hindi film music - Old is Gold - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Hindi film music - Old is Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Hindi film music - Old is Gold

Post  baroque Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:19 am

Unusal for Madhan Mohan!  Ultimate melody maker!

Nadi Nare Na Jao-ASHA- FILM- Muhje Jeene Do
my favorite composition!

baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Radio vil kaetu iruken... ithanai varusham kazhithu.. ipodhudhan kaetkiren......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uv8r9pD_rc&list=PLBC2FEE60531DE43A

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUzsVUTqoc&list=PLBC2FEE60531DE43A

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:31 pm

baroque wrote:fring151, wanna brush up your Hindi oldies of Madhan Mohan   Hindi film music - Old is Gold - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Tum Jo Mil Gaye Ho - Rafi- madhan mohan!

Nice song. New to me. Thanks!

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 am

Very Happy  Glad you enjoyed it.

there is a falling in love composition by Rafi for Madha Mohan is my favorite!
Lovely! I love you 

ek haseen sham ko...

baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:05 am

Great selections baroque Smile 

I was listening to one of my very favorite film song continuously which geared me in exploration mode to hear any of our pandits who sang in the same raagam Malkauns to get the colors of the raagam and there you go. With Pandit Bhimsen Joshi you never go wrong. With him you never miss the soul.

The film song I was listening to was Zindagi bhar ghum judai ka mujhe tadpayega by one and only Rafi from Miss Bombay (1957) composed by one of the greatest music directors of bollywood, Hansraj Behl, but little less known as always, which is a curse. Sitar, violins and tabla will sneak into our hearts. Just the starting lines will take you into the song automatically, excellent lyrics.

Any stone heart will melt, for any grief this song will solace, after a long day this song will give you the needed relaxation, it will open up new ideas even while at work, most of all it will give you a good night sleep, that's the power of our indigenous notes and raagams rich in manipulating our moods like no other.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:01 pm

A personal favorite. Rafi, Shankar-Jaikishan, Dev Anand and Vaijayanthi Mala Bali.

Falsafa Pyaar Ka Tum Kyaa Jaano, Duniya.

Quaint beauty Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 pm

that's  sad, yearning pathos, V_S.

Rafi in  rag Yaman ZINDAGI BHAR NAHIN BHOOLEGI......BARSAAT KI RAAT! 

Nice Bhup, DM!

the clap
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm

zindagi bhar nahin bhoolegi is my anthem right from my school days. Still not an inch of interest gone down on this song. Zindagi bhar nahin bhoolunga Smile

During my recent Christmas/New Year trip to India, bought some wonderful collection of Hindi gems from one of my favorite music house, Rhythm House (Fort, Mumbai) reminiscing my good old bachelor days spent in Mumbai by re-discovering these legends again and again. I was listening to 'Rafi sings for Dev Anand' for the past two days while driving to office and back and still not got enough of it. Those days I used to have this collection in cassettes, somehow they worn out and got it again now in the form of CD. I cannot skip a single song, but I cannot specify all the songs at one time. Tasveer Teri Dil Mein, Ankhon Hi Ankhon Mein, Dheere Dheere Chal, Din Dhal Jaye Haye, Khoya Khoya Chand, Abhi Na Jao Chhod Kar, Falsafa Pyar Ka Tum (DM quoted this song already), Dil Pukare Aare Aare, Rimjhim Ke Tarane Leke Aai Barsaat and many more all have everlasting impressions even after some 60 odd years. I will quote two songs from this CD which was also equally mesmerizing that they don't give me a chance to listen to others as I keep pushing my back button as soon they are over (may be because I haven't listened these songs much those days). Great musical moments of life with Rafi, Lata, Asha, Geeta Dutt and ever handsome Dev Anand.

Ladi Aankh Se Aankh from Pocketmaar by Madan Mohan

and Kahan Ja Rahe The from Love Marriage by Shankar Jaikishen

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 am

Love marriage has a lively Geeta Dutt composition Kareeb aao..thumbsup

Elongated Ahir Bhairavi composition, I wanna relax with enchanting Yesudas in Ka karoon sajni.... this afternoon !

Compositions Shri.Yesudas graced in Hindi film Sangeeth are golden!
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo1dX509Ywo

Aalolam padi  - paatil  varum oru sound.. endha paatilo kaeta madhiri irukae endru neenda naatkalaga thedal....
indru therindhadhu...  Ye raat  bhigi bhigi paatil varugiradhu.....

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 pm

jaiganesh wrote:

Ingredients
1. A beautiful tune with a foreboding sense of sadness in it.
2. Arrangement that encrusts this tune without obfuscating it.
3. A haunting voice to carry this tune
4. A master composer who can own these three.

C.Ramachandra - I salute thee.

A jewel for this thread, so quoting it here Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:45 pm

I have been mostly listening to Anil Biswas songs this week during my drive from/to work, the CD which I bought from Rhythm house.
http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=92771

I could not come out of it at all. Once we leave our car, the last song which we listen will normally ring in us for some time. This is not the case with Anilda's songs. Every day a different song (need not be the last song I listen) rings in me with no specific pattern. If Dheere Dheere Aa Re Badal one day, it is Mast Pawan Hai Chanchal Dhara the other day. Could not understand the music directors psychology on how and where they tap our inner soul intelligently with their compositions. Today is one such song which has been haunting me even after almost a whole day (I listened to this song yesterday) since I listened to that song. The last song I heard for today is Tore Naina Rasile Katile Haye Ram by Manna Dey though.

Tumhare Bulane Ko Jee Chahta Hai by Lata ji for Ladli (1949). Young Lata delivering a classic. Gentle breeze kind of song. So captivating. As the song starts, even after forgetting the song yesterday, jee chahta hai today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClAXd0itpsA&list=PLB891F3E7A2B4C0FF&feature=c4-overview-vl

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6pJW-CX0E

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  baroque Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:50 pm

shokh nazar ki....Ashaji for Madhan Mohan!
What a hit the album!
baroque
baroque

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Kaise Kategi Zindagi, an unreleased beauty of MM-Rafi.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:01 am

Finally struck MM gold after hopping from one YT to another without being particularly overwhelmed by many songs. This is probably the first MM song I can honestly say I totally love so far in my search. Post IR, even the best HFM arrangements of yore fail to blow my socks off. So this is kind of stuff I look for in old HFM - slow, unhurried songs with a strong melody quotient. 

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:51 pm

fring151 wrote:Finally struck MM gold after hopping from one YT to another without being particularly overwhelmed by many songs. This is probably the first MM song I can honestly say I totally love so far in my search. Post IR, even the best HFM arrangements of yore fail to blow my socks off. So this is kind of stuff I look for in old HFM - slow, unhurried songs with a strong melody quotient. 

Smile Surprised you are discovering this only now. Interesting because Ore Naal Unai Naan was inspired by this melody. Raaja and old Hindi masters is a different tale altogether.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:23 pm

fring151 wrote:Finally struck MM gold after hopping from one YT to another without being particularly overwhelmed by many songs. This is probably the first MM song I can honestly say I totally love so far in my search. Post IR, even the best HFM arrangements of yore fail to blow my socks off. So this is kind of stuff I look for in old HFM - slow, unhurried songs with a strong melody quotient. 

Well, slow unhurried songs with a strong melody quotient is basically MM's forte.  So there's plenty more, many written for Lata but some Rafi gems as well.

Although Naushad, CR, Salil may have been a lot more influential, I would rate MM as the best melody-maker pre Raja.  Of course, nobody matches Raja, chanceless; still, these brilliant, soulful ghazals with the sophisticated Urdu-Hindi blended lyrics have a peculiar flavour that cannot be captured in Tamil for better or worse.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm

CK, Thanks! Liked all the songs a lot, special mention for Rasm-e-ulfat (haunting tune). 

DM, Now that you say it, I am able to see how "Ore naal" was influeced by "lag jaa gale". Idha Raja've sonnara illa ungalOda kaNippA?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:39 pm

fring151 wrote:
DM, Now that you say it, I am able to see how "Ore naal" was influeced by "lag jaa gale". Idha Raja've sonnara illa ungalOda kaNippA?

ada mAdu mEkkara enakkenga avvaLO arivu? Raaja solli dhAn nyAbagam.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Good kostin.  It's very subtle and I can only see the similarity now that he mentioned it.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next