Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TF humor - both on & off screen

+9
Cinemarasigan
plum
Michael AF
Bala (Karthik)
Wizzy
groucho070
jaiganesh
app_engine
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TF humor - both on & off screen - Page 3 Empty Re: TF humor - both on & off screen

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:22 pm

S J Surya comedies

இசை படத்தின் கதையை முடிவு செய்து விட்டு இதை சினிவாக எடுப்போமா? வேண்டாமா? என்று 6 மாதங்கள் யோசித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தேன்.
rotfl 

நல்ல குளிரில் பனி படர்ந்த பேக்ரவுண்டில் ஒரு சர்ச்சில் சில காட்சிகள் படமாக்குவதற்காக கொடைக்கானில் சர்ச் செட் போட்டு நான் நினைத்திருந்த குளிர் கிளைமேட்டுக்காக 6 மாதங்கள் காத்திருந்தேன்.
rotfl

படத்துக்கு ஹீரோயின் தேடுறதுக்கு 6 மாதம் ஆச்சு. 124 பேரை ஆடிசன் பண்ணி என் கதைக்கு தேவையானவரை கண்டுபிடிச்சேன்.
rotfl

படத்துக்கு நான் இசை அமைப்பதுன்னு முடிவு பண்ணிய பிறகு முறைப்படி இசை கத்துக்குறதுக்கு 8 மாசம் எடுத்துக்கிட்டேன்.

இப்படியே நான்கு வருஷங்கள் ஓடிப்போச்சு.
rotfl

app_engine

Back to top Go down

TF humor - both on & off screen - Page 3 Empty Re: TF humor - both on & off screen

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Yes Plum,

Where was that blogpost of his calling out Gounder and his comedies for being racist?

Kamaan Tiger, kamaan Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:12 pm

If that Gounder-Senthil thing is true, he must be a pseudo-secularist type.  Doesn't he ever lose track of the no. of interest groups he needs to pander to, if appeasement is what he keeps at 24/7?

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Basically the wholesome definition of the Besant Nagar stereoype yuppie self-declared elite. The levels of arrogance and snobbery is mind boggling. We've had a few twitter arguments and once where he and Plum got into an argument and Plum waded into his arguments.

1: https://twitter.com/balakarthik78/status/379838953261903872
2. Post OAK, Megha times on Brangan's article in Hindu https://twitter.com/nom_d_plum/status/388895089973403648
3. Another branch to the same convo: https://twitter.com/nom_d_plum/status/388896663395266561
4. Yet another branch as Plum attributed caste bias against Raaja right from the 80s (quoted a personal example from his family itself) adhukku pogaichal: https://twitter.com/beastoftraal/status/388905995507744768

Hilarious guy.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:22 pm

"And you are talking from great wall of chinavaa?"  ROFL!  Too good.  nom d plum on fire.

Last edited by crimson king on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Is he really so daft that he cannot handle the idea of internet monikers and avatars?  They rock, man! Cool

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:55 pm

1. pazhaiya kuppai ellAm keLarikittu - avan kitta ivLO dhooram pEsiyE irukka koodAdhu. 

I think his problem was that he was thinking I was a "odukkapadavENdiya jaadhikaran" who is faking stories about being a "odukkum jAdhikAran" and planting stories about my cousin Smile. His contempt was naked - and this contempt came about just with the assumption that I was of a certain "lower" caste according to him. idhuvE oruthar nejamAvE "lower" castenu confirmedA therinjA epdi treat paNNuvAn ivannu yosichu pArthukkongO

And I am not surprised - the said cousin I mentioned in that tweet was of a similar make. thirundhAdha mylapore gumbal.

2. To clarify the Gounder post he made, I cant trace it now. andha facebook linkla appO kedaichudhu ippO kANOm

Basically, it's not like he is calling it racist. His point is

"ivLO karuppanunga irukkaRa tamizhnAttula, karuppA irukkaRa gounderE karuppunu comedy paNNalAmA? ennamO tamiznhAttula maththavanlAm(apart from the person being ridiculed onscreen) veLuppungaRa mAdhiriyilla pEsuRAru gounderu"

That is to say, idhu dhAn avarOda sArAmsam
1> How can a tamilian make comedy about karuppu fellows? majority tamizhan karuppu dhAnE? majority segappA irukkaRavan oorkaran vENA  idnha mAdhiri comedy paNNA adhu nyAyam.
2> Which is basically, not even getting the point of Gounder. Gounder's point about comedy is that anyone is game - there is nothing holy, anything can be ridiculed in service of comedy. If we stop getting steamy and offended about any dig at us, the world will be better place. Ofcourse, Gounder knows this will never happen and simply keeps distributing the contempt at people who dont get this.

But trust milli to not get an ounce of the idea.

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Ofcourse the first point I pointed about his Gounder post clearly makes milli a racist

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:58 pm

crimson king wrote:Is he really so daft that he cannot handle the idea of internet monikers and avatars?  They rock, man! Cool
That's the funniest part of it - kadaisi varai avanukku andha conceptE puriyala. 

Again, his problem is he has been succesful in conning people about his musical knowledge and is now peddling himself as a social media expert. So, he has to maintain his fake gowravam while not remotely being capable of layered thinking

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Shared old stuff because it was an example of his pseudo-secular elitism as was questioned. Great timepass too :DCompletely misses Gounder's point if this is what he wrote.  Gounder'e sollirukkAr, "idha oru veLLaiyA irukkaravan sonnA nAn othuppEn. neeyE pEi karuppu." to Sendhil when calls Gounder's sister out for being black in that Satyaraj movie by AVM (pAdAvadhi padam). Gounder has also played the onAy in Rajakumaran and Magudam. adhukkAga avar hypocrite aa da? He is from the Louis CK school (or is it vice-versa though LCK wouldn't know of Gounder?) da morons. indha Gounder'e puriyalayE, ivarellAm Raaja'va purinjukkavA pOrAr?
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:12 am

Modhalla pOttAne oru tweetu Modi, Raja, Rahman appdi nu, adhukku thAn he got called out for playing victim card'nu nejamAve andha jenmathukku purilayA illa nadikkudhA? Also, he has no sense of irony if he doesn't get Gounder's quips.

Good catch including Background score buffoon "ursmusically" to that list of clueless trio. Enna ezhudhanumnu oru vevasthayE kadayAdhu avanukku. Chumma ellA pAttukum "explosive", "Mind boggling", "blissful" nu yedhAvdhu adjective adichi uduvAn. illAdhadhulAm kooda solluvAn sometimes. Ippo thAn site pOi pAthen - romba nAukku apram:

ursmusically wrote:Sooha Saha is everything a lullaby should be — melodic, melancholic, quiet and calming. Soothingly rendered by Zeb and Alia Bhatt, the song has that gentle swing in its rhythm and melody, typical of any lullaby. Don’t remember a song in recent past which had such long unpunctuated phrases in the melody without ever slipping its emotional core on its way. It is leisurely paced, but yet feels so tight because of the melodic grip. Rahman repeats the non-intrusive orchestral style of many of his other lullabies. The brief and almost no instrumental interludes shows that Rahman isn’t interested or doesn’t have time or patience for elaborate instrumental interludes anymore. But, how can something that is not in the song could be a problem in the song, so, no complaints. 

The melody of Maahi Ve is an exercise in extempore, I mean how could one deliberately think a melody with those unsettling pauses between the phrases that carries the song to its sweetest spot — tu saath hai, and not to forget the way Rahman goes on to melodically stretch the Ve of Maahi ve. And the following strings section takes it further from there to insanely unpredictable directions. What is also startling is the main clap rhythm pattern of the song is same as that of Pataakha Guddi (also Tu Mun Shudhi), proves that Rahman realised that he doesn’t need to create a whole new soundscape every time to Rahmanize a song, which he can do when he is half asleep. As I always say, Rahman’s sound these days is in the melody, which is evident from the breath of fresh air that hits you when the song takes a turn with Yeh Jeena bhi. 

lol! 

AdhAvdhu, no sense of proportion. EllAthkkum edhAvdhu oru superlative'a thooki pOda vEndidhu - true masterpiece'a irundhAlum adhE, mAhi Ve'kum adhE. DM, sometime you should gently prod this fellow also on twitter to find out if he knows anything about music at all.  Razz 

AamAm, yAr indha itisprashanth?

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:32 am

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/ninaithathu-yaaro-0968-29746-958/#comments

This is the most ROFL beasantnagar dudes ushaaring chicks in the name of women liberation in a hapless vikraman movie review..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 am

AdhAvdhu, no sense of proportion. EllAthkkum edhAvdhu oru superlative'a thooki pOda vEndidhu - true masterpiece'a irundhAlum adhE, mAhi Ve'kum adhE. DM, sometime you should gently prod this fellow also on twitter to find out if he knows anything about music at all.  Razz

he is behindwoods/Indiaglitz of music reviews, never seen him pan anything. basically a suckup. his hall of fame
includes comparing bg scores of Doli Saja Ke Rakhna/KM and V_S calling his bluff
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 am

I have interacted with Suresh Kumar before. He's basically a docile chap so he puts a lot of stress on seeing the positive side of anything. I can empathize, though my point to such people is would you also consider Justin Bieber a genius. Just where does this superlatification end. More specifically, I never understood his criticism of NEPV mixing. I have heard it on 5.1, on laptop speakers, mobile and I don't find anything remiss with the balance.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 am

fring151 wrote:
AamAm, yAr indha itisprashanth?

Most funny guy on youtube. Has a channel where he reviews every Tamil film, comments on the state of politics in TN, makes a jackass of himself on twitter and is a GVP fan, supported GVP against Yuvan and Venkat Prabhu once on twitter and does lots of hilarious things basically with a sincerity which is the most LOL aspect of him. avana pathi ezhudhaNum na oru post pathAdhu. One guy wrote a blogpost about all his nonsense here: http://abuleaks.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/itisprashanth-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B1-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%AF%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B1-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%AF/ and here: http://abuleaks.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/itisprashanth-and-the-police-complaint/
Basically, TR of the internet world. His GVP praising video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJth-DaWpko Has lol! written all over it.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:47 am

crimson king wrote:I have interacted with Suresh Kumar before. He's basically a docile chap so he puts a lot of stress on seeing the positive side of anything. I can empathize, though my point to such people is would you also consider Justin Bieber a genius. Just where does this superlatification end. More specifically, I never understood his criticism of NEPV mixing. I have heard it on 5.1, on laptop speakers, mobile and I don't find anything remiss with the balance.

If that's the case, I won't grudge him his happiness. But someone should tell him his reviews will have no value if he describes both 'Rangeela' and 'Mariyaan' as 'breathtaking' or 'magical'. Only ARRtards will lap it up, no one else. But, I guess he's got a few million people covered with that, so it shouldn't matter much.

Now, this itisprashanth on the other hand, seems to be a totally different beast. Let me see that GVP video and comment...

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:02 am

You or I might feel that way because we are not fanatics. But ARR fanatics are going to tout every new album as a magical one. That's what fanatics are of and he's a self confessed Rahmaniac so he is at least not a pseudo objective type like milli. Even one of my good friends, who I did convert to IR, likes pathaka gudi. I guess his super duper production influences listeners a lot.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:09 pm

That's true, I guess. Many IR fans also lavish praise on what I might feel are average songs. He is a self-confessed Rahmaniac, so he has the license to go overboard. I should let him be. Those who visit his blog can see the disclaimer staring at their face, so they are forewarned and should know to calibrate his reviews. It's ok so long as these people display their membership cards. Pseudo-objectives OTOH are a despicable lot.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:39 pm

A website that does not know the difference between Mahendran & Balu Mahendra

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 am

P Vasu's Aishwaryavum Aayiram Kaakavum with Aishwarya Rai

rotfl2 rotfl Must give it to P Vasu's tireless attempts to self destruct with such hilariously stupid PR. First Curry In Love, now this  rotfl3 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 pm

And... https://twitter.com/pudiharicharan/status/435457664554778624  rotfl 
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:48 pm

R Parthiban comedy

Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Sathyaraj / Sibiraj comedy

It seems the appA-magan duo produce a movie called "நாய்கள் ஜாக்கிரதை" Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Arnold left midway and it was left to Rajni to save micha socha maanam for I team:

http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/article6416270.ece
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:Arnold left midway and it was left to Rajni to save micha socha maanam for I team:

http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/article6416270.ece

I saw the news and wanted to post in "not-so-funny" news thread Smile

Anyways, this can be posted in either place Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next