Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

+38
counterpoint
krraju82
rajaclan
baroque
Shank
crimson king
MH
Drunkenmunk
irir123
Thirukovur Balaji Prasad
D22_Malar
vicks
fring151
Punnaimaran
endrum_raja
Usha
raghav316
kamalaakarsh
rajkumarc
skr
writeface
Sakalakala Vallavar
groucho070
Wizzy
mythila
sagi
kiru
SenthilVinu
sheepChase
plum
Bala (Karthik)
Admin
Raaga_Suresh
app_engine
jaiganesh
V_S
kv
42 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:55 pm

IIRC after a meeting with Keith peters or whoever that is, he wrote an article that went like ARR invented Bass for the stupid thamizh listeners..
Anyways it is a friendship worth living without... ;-)

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 1

Post  V_S Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Wow! Staggering false allegations on Maestro and without any solid proof/analysis. Most of all refusing to acknowledge/correct heartily even after he was exposed thoroughly by a thorough and sharp response by SKV with proof. So much dishonesty, foolishness and arrogance.

Thanks SKV for your patient and comprehensive reply to the undeserved.

Back to top Go down

Post  vicks Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 am

that guy is a known 'maniac' with a hatred for IR (sorry DM didn't know he's your friend  Razz )

samples:

http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com/2005/07/thiruvasagam-in-symphony.html

http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com/2013/10/mafia-menace.html

and IIRC that Suresh Krishna interview was hosted on the 'rahmaniac' site that he was running (and possibly interviewed by him) and I am speculating that back then, like salli (aka milli) he was trying to stir up a controversy reg PM to increase page hits for his site.

vicks

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:49 am

Documented whole saga here ------> https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t135p360-discussions-on-arr#16929. So anyone wishing to refute ARR composed PM theme by any maniac anywhere on the internet can simply link to this.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:16 am

jaiganesh wrote:IIRC after a meeting with Keith peters or whoever that is, he wrote an article that went like ARR invented Bass for the stupid thamizh listeners..

vaNda vaNdayA thittunga. yAru vENdAm na. He got called out for mindless slander and honestly, I have no sympathy and glad he's facing the music.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:59 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:
jaiganesh wrote:IIRC after a meeting with Keith peters or whoever that is, he wrote an article that went like ARR invented Bass for the stupid thamizh listeners..

vaNda vaNdayA thittunga. yAru vENdAm na. He got called out for mindless slander and honestly, I have no sympathy and glad he's facing the music.
sila kurooppa thittrathukku kooda en naakku koosudhu adhula idhuvum saerthi.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:23 pm

sinsg swing  Moodu pani

The Best Audio quality...... super......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF2D3-APb-0

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:36 pm

IR's kannada play lists..... very nice ...........

1.  Madhura naada   -  malaiyil yaro paatu ragam madhiri iruku. Beautiful interludes.......

post lude....  starting some seconds...  16 vayadhinilae  title score mudinjadhum.. oru chinna interlude.. sri devi voice.. naan pass ayten.......andha interlude madhiri .. anal adhae ilai.......  andha feelings.. vandhadhu.. dont know the reason. just feelings........... tats all.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOds9cL--p4&list=PL4uyuv0FVO9wHRCvujywJpemyO4DOTQO5

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Is it ok to share his non-Tamil stuff in this page? I've started on a devoted mission to listen to every non-Tamil song of his first. Started with Malayalam and his first film there, Vyamoham (1978). Aside from the most lovely Poovadikaiyil Alaiyum Then Ilankaatre (which I know for quite sometime and enjoy a lot), found Neeyo Nyaano today. I thought it started off okayish. I immediately *get and like* only Indian melodies in the first listen (like a Raasave Unna Nambi). But boy. The interlude was vintage Raaja (I mean veenai in a jazz based song is certainly unconventional if not wow). And the charanam blew my mind and the way the tune progressed and the melody got lovelier; it was like easing into a lovely drive after a slow start. The tap of the pads as the charanam ends and pallavi starts. Side gap la akram hai.

But the best part was evident when the full song got over that he zapped me with the overall idea. After the first charanam ends, Jayachandran sings the pallavi and S Janaki hums another melody (pa pa paa based) in counterpoint with him. After the second charanam ends, Jayachandran sings the pallavi again as is the routine and a trumpet plays S Janaki's pa pa paa melody in counterpoint with PJ. Wow!

PS: SJ only hums all song. Once in the interlude, next in the pallavi.

Song:

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:15 pm

DM,

indha thread il.. IR songs dhan sollanam... ipadi than naan nenachu iruken. 

Neeyo nyano...  paatu... interlude ai kaeka vidalai.. 

Instruments kootindu poradhu........  adhu kuda poga vaikaradhu......

chinna Gaint Wheel il.. sila seconds suthina madhiirii........ Sudden aga keezha yeraki vittuduthu.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:04 pm

DM,
What Usha chEchi is telling is correct Smile

This thread is simply for any recent rAsA song that one heard (or had in mind) - no linguistic barriers Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks. Thought as much and went ahead and shared this Smile
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks to Nerd on twitter, I got to know of the song "VAnam niram mArum" from "Thavan kanavugal". Love the way the song alternatively explores Hamsanandi and PantuvarAli in the Pallavi and interludes. The prelude even seems to have touches of Kalyani. I can't map the raagam in the charanam (mainly because it doesn't seem to be one of the around 6 raagams that I can identify with some effort  Smile  ). I generally find any song in the thereabouts of Hamsanandi rather arresting and poignant, so yes, this song is stuck in my head now.  

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Wow, there's a lot you haven't heard, man.  That's a reasonably popular song (again, might put this in the basket of those mid 80s songs that are not played very often on TV anymore).  Have even watched the film on Sun, which is probably where I heard the song for the first time.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:46 pm

^Hah. Funny you say this because I got reminded of this song, thanks to Isai Aruvi  Very Happy 

They play a lot of rare Raaja songs around dinner time USA, so probably 7ish in the morning in India. But mostly pre-92.

They played this a day before. Song not even on YT --> http://www.raaga.com/play/?id=265548

And this a few days ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZqBX5AfHo

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Isai Aruvi is where I heard it last too.  Months back.  Yes, they do play some of the less heralded songs once in a while.  And yes, usually no 90s though I have heard Poovuku Oru Arasan Poovarasan a few times on that programme (called Isai Thendral).

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:59 pm

By the way, where in US do you live, Nerd?  Eastern side?

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Midwest. Kentucky.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Ah.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Yup, lot I haven't heard as I am repeatedly made aware of  Smile . 

Nerd, that 1st song was simply superb. The raaga link didn't work, so I heard it here: http://shakthi.fm/ta/album/show/969a8cac/s3933142c

Unusual tabla patterns in the charanam of the 2nd song. Nice melody.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:32 am

^^ First song uploaded on YT yesterday (there are no copyright claims on such rare songs. No questions or acknowledgments required from the fans for the upload if they find it. idhu mAri innum ethana pAttu irukkO):

Razz
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  sheepChase Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:47 am

Kadhalukku Mariyathai score

Have been going to back these few minutes again and again for the past few days. This film, to borrow a post's title from Mayyam, is my "awakening to background score". Still remember when one evening after the show had started I just couldn't resist and wanted to listen to the score *now* and literally ran to the screen nearby home and watched it again.

Effortless transition from one scene to another, almost like the subconscious undercurrent of the script - The terrible sounding synth and Bhavatha's synthetic voice not withstanding. 

But I was startled to notice the two things this week - when the friends arrive home, notice Mini and inquire Jeeva about what's happening - Jeeva tells them that Mini just confessed her love, not once but many times and he didn't do anything about it. The score doesn't underscore their reactions to any of these but *only* when they realize that they are the reason for this confusion - there is a short incomplete-yet-complete "reaction" in the score. The scene was written only with that in the mind, anyway.

And when they reach Mini and offer to take her back to him that short "reaction" is developed into a complete piece - linking the two scenes - and the piece magically turns out to be a variation of the main *lou* theme - linking everything about them so easily. Stunning variation, I thought. The tempo is different, not on piano this time, the variation on the flute is so apt to *this* scene and yet is just a variation.

All in the space of few minutes and in another day at work.

sheepChase

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:47 pm

fring151,

OK, I got distracted in that "unparalleled" thread when I went to pazhaya kadai to look for a link Embarassed

As someone who watched dhAvaNikkanavugaL during release time, it's my kadamai to post the following link:

small story for "vAnam niRam mARum" in the SPB-IR thread

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  fring151 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks for sharing that. Entertaining read as always  Smile . Lol at the "eye contact" thing. Didn't imagine it was such a big deal with the youth back then  Laughing

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:30 pm

maane madhura - enna padam.

IR music endru therigiradhu.......... Roaring Guitar.. But.. Sweet. adhu dhan IR.........

Malluish lyric............ Very Happy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IE3KzpT49E

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next