Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:46 am

Some nice tidbits about Singeetham-IR-Jikki-Janaki :
https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/movies/the-story-behind-the-song-nerajaanavule-from-the-movie-aditya-369/article25201254.ece


Explaining how he thought about the song, Singeetham recalls: “In the movie, a time machine takes the lead pair into the past and the future. As they travel back 500 years, to the Krishnadevaraya period, I desired to place there a semi-classical song in a situation where the court dancer attempts to seduce the hero. At the music sittings, when I told Ilayaraja to compose a tune for the song in accordance with the olden times, the music director asked me what did I mean by aa kaalapu paata and how it used to be in those days. I told him that generally, in early talkies, the songs had such lines as aahaa ha... Oho ho interspersed with the lyric. So if we too follow that, we would get the fragrance.” Veturi Sundararama Murthy enriched Ilayaraja’s excellent composition with his classic artistry. Jikki’s soulful rendition made it an evergreen hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ6EiyoCfsU


There's another duet version of this song too Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkcbbgjdJ8

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Very rare - ilamai idho idho-Minus one TRACK- LP Source

Post  nanjilaan on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:47 am

Not sure how many of you are aware or would have listened to this version of Ilamai idho idho (Sakalakala vallavan - 1982). I remember having listened to this as a kid, when the movie was new and the songs were all blockbuster hits blaring over every possible Kalyana veetu kolaais.  Cool

Thanks to Maha for reviving a forgotten block buster hit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1JdPhOAR3o


Last edited by nanjilaan on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

nanjilaan

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Raja Sir plans to set up music college in Puducherry

Post  karmukhil on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:10 pm

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/puducherry/ilaiyaraaja-plans-to-set-up-music-college/article25304316.ece

karmukhil

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 am

nanjilaan wrote:Not sure how many of you are aware or would have listened to this version of Ilamai idho idho.

nanRi for sharing the link!

BTW, I had been posting about this track on forums from time to time (often talked about how this was playing in Trichy buses / got used as a filler at the end of cassettes by recording centers etc.)

This track should easily showcase how IR didn't need vocals or lyrics - not even the main melody getting played by an instrument Laughing - to reach masses!

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 am

karmukhil wrote:https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/puducherry/ilaiyaraaja-plans-to-set-up-music-college/article25304316.ece

Sorry to be a naysayer - இது போன்று நிறையக்கேட்டாச்சு - இதெல்லாம் ஒன்னும் நடக்கப்போறதில்ல!

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  nanjilaan on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:58 am

app_engine wrote:

nanRi for sharing the link!

BTW, I had been posting about this track on forums from time to time (often talked about how this was playing in Trichy buses / got used as a filler at the end of cassettes by recording centers etc.)

This track should easily showcase how IR didn't need vocals or lyrics - not even the main melody getting played by an instrument Laughing - to reach masses!
You are absolutely welcome bro  (Karumbu thinna kasakkuma?!)  Smile. Fully agree on the showcasing of the Maestro's talent part!

This track was regularly played when the music was a smash hit during the movies release in 1982 and yes the richness and grandeur of the orchestration could be clearly heard on this track. I was looking for this track for quite a while on the web and while there are a few karaoke versions of this song that you could spot, they are not even the  vaankozhi v/s mayil in comparison to this track LOL  Cool

It is indeed a reclaimed hidden treasure as even HCIRFs might not know or remember this. 

Regarding filler tracks, the chase sequence in BGM from Johnny is one such track that was regularly played in AIR Madras/Trichy during early 80s. The Ilamanadhu Pudhukanavu (selvi) instrumental was another one that comes to mind. I have also heard the Ullasa paravaigal title bgm on ceylon radio during the early 80s once in while Smile

Thanks for reviving the memories.

nanjilaan

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  BC on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:21 am

app_engine wrote:Sorry to be a naysayer - இது போன்று நிறையக்கேட்டாச்சு - இதெல்லாம் ஒன்னும் நடக்கப்போறதில்ல!

BC wrote:
Any specific reason? Question


He had been talking about this for just too long!

There had been agreements with different gov's over the years (few years back it was KL. Not sure if similar thing happened with TN Gov also).

இதெல்லாம் வேலைக்காவறதில்ல - அம்புட்டுத்தேன் Smile

BC

Posts : 85
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:14 am

மலையாளியும், சைனாக்காரனும், யானையும், ராசாவும் - தாலாட்டு Smile

https://tamil.oneindia.com/news/india/young-man-srikumar-sings-elephant-sleep-with-lullaby-ilayaraja-songs/articlecontent-pf333046-332776.html

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  BC on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:15 am

Something weird happening here! confused   app_engine, Your reply to my post shows up with my id.  And my original post is missing. 

With respect to music college, "Oh, appadiya?  I really hope something materializes this time, at least."  Regarding the elephant story, here is an article I read about, on NewsMinute.com    https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/elephant-whisperer-meet-man-who-sang-lullaby-jumbo-viral-video-90545    Three IR songs the clap mentioned by the mahout!!!

Anyway, the event link: IR at PSG college, Coimbatore. He is on a roll. First time, hearing about that regarding "Kalaivaniye" song from Sindhu Bairavi. 



BC

Posts : 85
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Usha on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:30 pm

students..  IR  pada vaikum azhagu......... nice to see...

inimaiyana nalla teacher..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfdVFlcn2-8

Usha

Posts : 1446
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Usha on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIg9GvJRtys

harmonium patri IR solvadhai ... unmaiyaga kaetkum students...... adhu IR.....

Namadhu Thavare Namaku Guru... enna oru vaarthai....

Usha

Posts : 1446
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:37 am

ஓக்கே மக்களே, ஒரு திங்களுக்கு முன்பு மேஸ்ட்ரோமியூசிக் ஆப்-காரர்கள் எனக்கு ஒரு மின்னஞ்சல் அனுப்பி "விருப்பம் இருந்தால் மறுபடி அனுப்புங்கள் - அவர்களது ஆப் ஜாக்கி ஜெயச்சந்திரன் உங்களோடு தொலைபேசியில் உரையாடுவார்" என்று சொன்னார்கள்.

நான் இதுவரை அவர்களுக்கு மின்னஞ்சல் ஒன்றுமே அனுப்பாததால், எனக்கு அவர்கள் கூப்பிடுவார்கள் என்றெல்லாம் எதிர்பார்ப்பு இல்லை.

என்றாலும், மின்னஞ்சலுக்கு மறுமொழி சொல்வது கடமை என்று ஒன்று அனுப்பினேன். குறிப்பாக, எனது கீச்சு ஐடி மற்றும் நமது ஃபோரம் குறித்த விவரங்கள் தான் அந்த மின்னஞ்சலின் குறிப்பிடத்தக்க உள்ளடக்கம்.

இன்று காலையில் என்னை அவர்களது தொலைபேசி விளிப்பு விழித்தெழ வைத்த போது பெரும் வியப்பு! இருபது மணித்துளிகள் கழிந்து திரு.ஜெயச்சந்திரன் அவரகள் பேசியது எல்லாம் இப்போதும் எனக்குக் கனவு போலத்தான் இருக்கிறது.

ஒரு வேளை மேஸ்ட்ரோஸ் ஆப் வருங்காலத்தில் எனது குரலையும் கொண்டிருந்தால், இன்னும் கூடுதல் வியப்படைவேன்! உங்களுக்கும் சொல்லுவேன் என்பதில் ஐயமில்லை!

என்ன இருந்தாலும், வெறும் ஐந்து பாட்டுகள் மட்டும் சொல்லி என்னை ஒரு 'போராளி விசிறி' என்று அடையாளப்படுத்துவதில் எனக்கு அவ்வளவாக உடன்பாடில்லை.

கிடைத்த வரைக்கும் ஆதாயம் என்று கணக்கில் வைக்கிறேன் Smile

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  writeface on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:50 am

Great to hear that App.  However,  Maestro's music has stopped working for me with a message that my subscription has expired. I tried multiple times to renew it through the iOS app but I get an error message that subscription is still valid, albeit the number of days remaining is shown as 0. I emailed them as well as sent a message via their website but it has been weeks and no response. Terrible customer service! Wondering if any of the forummers have experienced this issue and solved it successfully. 

Gokul

writeface

Posts : 78
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-24
Location : SF Bay area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  soco_sri on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 pm

writeface wrote:Great to hear that App.  However,  Maestro's music has stopped working for me with a message that my subscription has expired. I tried multiple times to renew it through the iOS app but I get an error message that subscription is still valid, albeit the number of days remaining is shown as 0. I emailed them as well as sent a message via their website but it has been weeks and no response. Terrible customer service! Wondering if any of the forummers have experienced this issue and solved it successfully. 

Gokul

I had this issue. Emailed them and it was solved the next day. Password reset may bee needed. Remember your subscription is tied to the mobile number not email.

soco_sri

Posts : 7
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Usha on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Piraisoodan interview.......... manadhaal nadikadha oru nalla manidhar.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_iJHPfmfro

Usha

Posts : 1446
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:04 am

Usha wrote:Piraisoodan interview.......... manadhaal nadikadha oru nalla manidhar.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_iJHPfmfro

அப்படியெல்லாம் கண்ணை மூடிக்கொண்டு நம்பிடாதீங்க!

"பொய்யிலே பிறந்து வளர்ந்தவர்கள்" புலவர்கள். மிகைப்படுத்தல் இல்லாமல் அவர்களால் பேசவோ எழுதவோ இயலாது.

என் பட்டறிவு கொண்டும் , இந்த ஆளோடு பேசியதாக எனது உறவினர் சொன்னவை கொண்டும் இப்படி ஒரு முடிவுக்கு வந்திருக்கிறேன்!

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  BC on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 am

app_engine wrote:
Usha wrote:Piraisoodan interview.......... manadhaal nadikadha oru nalla manidhar.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_iJHPfmfro

அப்படியெல்லாம் கண்ணை மூடிக்கொண்டு நம்பிடாதீங்க!

"பொய்யிலே பிறந்து வளர்ந்தவர்கள்" புலவர்கள். மிகைப்படுத்தல் இல்லாமல் அவர்களால் பேசவோ எழுதவோ இயலாது.

என் பட்டறிவு கொண்டும் , இந்த ஆளோடு பேசியதாக எனது உறவினர் சொன்னவை கொண்டும் இப்படி ஒரு முடிவுக்கு வந்திருக்கிறேன்!
Usha ma'm, Piraisoodan has always been saying these. Nothing new in that latest interview.

app_engine, right. There is also a case involving him and Visu regarding SIFWA, though the outcome is not known.

BC

Posts : 85
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  BC on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:38 am

A very interesting article about IR and Kamal Haasan - on Hey Ram.  The URL is in Tamil font, so the link appears weird  Neutral

http://hellotamilcinema.com/2017/12/%E0%AE%B9%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%86%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%AF-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%AF/

BC

Posts : 85
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  panniapurathar on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:10 pm

About Thiruvasagam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpHXqZJkan4

Sorry posted this link in Mandahil oru Paatu by mistake.

panniapurathar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:12 pm

panniapurathar wrote:

Sorry posted this link in Mandahil oru Paatu by mistake.

Will clean up the duplicate post - Thank you!

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  panniapurathar on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Nandri App Sir!  Also, Congratulations on the Maestro App communication you shared with us!  Looking forward!

panniapurathar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  panniapurathar on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Around 9:30 in this video there are 3 school kids beaming in joy after getting IR's autograph!  Beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHoT1D_INkU

panniapurathar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Paadi vaa thendrale

Post  nanjilaan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Good version of the classic Paadi vaa thendrale (Mudivalla Aarambam) on YT. Great bassline and lead/rhythm guitars. Pure nostalgia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0BqiOJRPg

Don't think I have heard the stereo version of the song till date as this song was more popular on ceylon radio which was purely mono..

nanjilaan

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine Today at 6:37 am

app_engine wrote:ஓக்கே மக்களே, ஒரு திங்களுக்கு முன்பு மேஸ்ட்ரோமியூசிக் ஆப்-காரர்கள் எனக்கு ஒரு மின்னஞ்சல் அனுப்பி "விருப்பம் இருந்தால் மறுபடி அனுப்புங்கள் - அவர்களது ஆப் ஜாக்கி ஜெயச்சந்திரன் உங்களோடு தொலைபேசியில் உரையாடுவார்" என்று சொன்னார்கள்.

நான் இதுவரை அவர்களுக்கு மின்னஞ்சல் ஒன்றுமே அனுப்பாததால், எனக்கு அவர்கள் கூப்பிடுவார்கள் என்றெல்லாம் எதிர்பார்ப்பு இல்லை.

என்றாலும், மின்னஞ்சலுக்கு மறுமொழி சொல்வது கடமை என்று ஒன்று அனுப்பினேன். குறிப்பாக, எனது கீச்சு ஐடி மற்றும் நமது ஃபோரம் குறித்த விவரங்கள் தான் அந்த மின்னஞ்சலின் குறிப்பிடத்தக்க உள்ளடக்கம்.

இன்று காலையில் என்னை அவர்களது தொலைபேசி விளிப்பு விழித்தெழ வைத்த போது பெரும் வியப்பு! இருபது மணித்துளிகள் கழிந்து திரு.ஜெயச்சந்திரன் அவரகள் பேசியது எல்லாம் இப்போதும் எனக்குக் கனவு போலத்தான் இருக்கிறது.

ஒரு வேளை மேஸ்ட்ரோஸ் ஆப் வருங்காலத்தில் எனது குரலையும் கொண்டிருந்தால், இன்னும் கூடுதல் வியப்படைவேன்! உங்களுக்கும் சொல்லுவேன் என்பதில் ஐயமில்லை!

என்ன இருந்தாலும், வெறும் ஐந்து பாட்டுகள் மட்டும் சொல்லி என்னை ஒரு 'போராளி விசிறி' என்று அடையாளப்படுத்துவதில் எனக்கு அவ்வளவாக உடன்பாடில்லை.

கிடைத்த வரைக்கும் ஆதாயம் என்று கணக்கில் வைக்கிறேன் Smile

பொட்டி வந்தாச்சு - சின்ன சிக்கல், என்னோட மூஞ்சியையும் மேஸ்ட்ரோ ஆப்-பில் போட்டிருக்காங்க.

ரொம்ப வெட்கமா இருக்கு Embarassed

app_engine

Posts : 8531
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum