Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

+28
BC
pgramss
sudhakarg
raagakann
Usha
kiru
kameshratnam
Shank
nanjilaan
Raaga_Suresh
jaiganesh
rajkumarc
kamalaakarsh
irfan123
irir123
rajaclan
Drunkenmunk
Wizzy
Hmm
crimson king
ravinat
IsaiRasigan
panniapurathar
V_S
mythila
ank
Sakalakala Vallavar
app_engine
32 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

ராசாவுக்கு சுராங்கனி தந்த சிலோன் மனோகர் இறப்பு Sad

http://tamil.thehindu.com/tamilnadu/article22496637.ece

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:18 pm

"Promotion" from bhushan to vibhushan it seems (not sure if IR will go to Delhi and receive the award Embarassed )
http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=1945910

2018-ம் ஆண்டிற்கான மத்திய அரசின் பத்ம விருதுகள் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதன்படி இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவுக்கு பத்மவிபூஷண் விருது வழங்கப்பட உள்ளது.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  nanjilaan Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

app_engine wrote:"Promotion" from bhushan to vibhushan it seems (not sure if IR will go to Delhi and receive the award Embarassed )
http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=1945910
He is planning to go to Delhi to receive the award and has mentioned that he considers it to be an honor for TN and its people..

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/66315/cinema/Kollywood/Its-honored-to-Tamil-people-says-Ilayaraja-about-Padmavibushan-award.htm
2018-ம் ஆண்டிற்கான மத்திய அரசின் பத்ம விருதுகள் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதன்படி இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவுக்கு பத்மவிபூஷண் விருது வழங்கப்பட உள்ளது.

nanjilaan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Yes, looks like IR is happy about this...
http://tamil.thehindu.com/tamilnadu/article22524502.ece

இது குறித்து இளையராஜா கூறும்போது, “பத்ம விபூஷண் விருது மகிழ்ச்சியளிக்கிறது. மத்திய அரசு என்னைக் கவுரவித்ததாகக் கருதவில்லை, தமிழகத்தையும் தமிழக மக்களையும் கவுரவித்ததாகக் கருதுகிறேன், விழாவில் கலந்து கொள்வதாக நான் தெரிவித்திருந்தேன்” என்றார்.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 pm

This is quite interesting :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox8Eh_fRN1M

My translation :
You people already know what I think about awards = I don't care for awards and such things, remember what I did with NA last year?

Central Gov headed by Modi honors TN & its people = I know TN people are so much upset with center, I think they are trying to cool you TN people by such gimmicks

Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:14 pm

app_engine wrote:Yes, looks like IR is happy about this...
http://tamil.thehindu.com/tamilnadu/article22524502.ece

இது குறித்து இளையராஜா கூறும்போது, “பத்ம விபூஷண் விருது மகிழ்ச்சியளிக்கிறது. மத்திய அரசு என்னைக் கவுரவித்ததாகக் கருதவில்லை, தமிழகத்தையும் தமிழக மக்களையும் கவுரவித்ததாகக் கருதுகிறேன், விழாவில் கலந்து கொள்வதாக நான் தெரிவித்திருந்தேன்” என்றார்.
I am one who thinks that any government does not know how to honor such geniuses. This happened to Feynman in the US. Most Americans would hear about him only during the Challenger inquiry.

They should do two things with Raja and be done with:

1. Give him the Bharat Ratna
2. Rename the BGM award handed out every year as 'Ilayaraja' award

Move on and stop this drip feed. Provide all honors to younger composers who try to make a difference. Keep Raja out of the award circus.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Virudhuku mariyadhai kidaithadhu.. IR ku koduthu........

Namma IR.. ipodhum solgirar..  Modi arasu ,Tamil naataium, tamil makkalaiyum gowravikiradhu endrae naan ninaikiren...

idhai kaetu dhan migavum varutha padugiren.......

kadavulai pola IR...
IRin .. arumaiyum, perumaiyum unaradha indha mannil thannai adaki kondu.. ipadi irukirar...... ipodhum solgirar.
Tamil naatuku kidaitha gowravam..... indha seyal.. idhu dhan IR oru sirandha isai asiriyan endru ninaika vaikiradhu.....
adhanal dhan ipadi solla mudigiradhu.........

ipodhavadhu.. IR ai kashta paduthamal irundhal nanraga irukum...

ivarai yar kashta paduthinaluam... adhu Tamil naatuku asingam..... idhai unara vendum indha tamizhagam..(matra state ellavatrilum
IRai, migavum madhikirargal...)

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 pm

ராசா கைய வச்சா அது ராங்காப் போனதில்லே Wink

The New Indian Express calls vibhushan as "dalit outreach" Laughing

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/ilayaraja-s-padma-vibhushan-is-dalit-outreach-says-leading-english-daily-1154682-2018-01-26

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 am

app_engine wrote:ராசா கைய வச்சா அது ராங்காப் போனதில்லே Wink

The New Indian Express calls vibhushan as "dalit outreach" Laughing

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/ilayaraja-s-padma-vibhushan-is-dalit-outreach-says-leading-english-daily-1154682-2018-01-26

Was this article written by one from the vayatherichal gumbal?  More and more I wonder if my theory that IR was sought to be displaced for his low caste background and a Brahmin dressed in Muslim clothing was arranged for said purpose is perhaps more than just a theory.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:12 pm

crimson king wrote:

Was this article written by one from the vayatherichal gumbal?  More and more I wonder if my theory that IR was sought to be displaced for his low caste background and a Brahmin dressed in Muslim clothing was arranged for said purpose is perhaps more than just a theory.

When Bharathi Raja published a video scolding of BJP's H Raja (in the VM-ANdAL ugliness), he didn't miss the opportunity to attack our man - who was no way connected with that whole nonsense. (Something like ""ஊர்ல உன்னைய மாதிரி நிறைய ராஜா இருக்கானுங்க, நானே ஒரு ராஜா தான் - ஆனா ஒரே ஒரு வைரமுத்து தான்" ).

With Vibhushan, there is no veiled attack. BR did an outrageously ugly open attack on IR, no less than this New Indian Express thingy - something like "IR wants to become Iyer" Embarassed

Such seems to be the caste-superiority-mindset with BR and many other TN celebrities Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:19 pm

app_engine wrote:
crimson king wrote:

When Bharathi Raja published a video scolding of BJP's H Raja (in the VM-ANdAL ugliness), he didn't miss the opportunity to attack our man - who was no way connected with that whole nonsense. (Something like ""ஊர்ல உன்னைய மாதிரி நிறைய ராஜா இருக்கானுங்க, நானே ஒரு ராஜா தான் - ஆனா ஒரே ஒரு வைரமுத்து தான்" ).

With Vibhushan, there is no veiled attack. BR did an outrageously ugly open attack on IR, no less than this New Indian Express thingy - something like "IR wants to become Iyer" Embarassed

Such seems to be the caste-superiority-mindset with BR and many other TN celebrities Sad

Speaking of Iyer, what is this controversy about IR not sitting down in front of the Shankaracharya? Say the image and some heated arguments on FB but still don't understand exactly what happened. Indha madhiri avara insult pannaruthukku pesame award kudukama avara demme nu vutta adhu miga periya awarda irukkum.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:20 pm

BR is a loose cannon, no point wasting time on him.  But still IR trying to become an Iyer is too much.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 pm

OK, looks like the newspaper published an apology to Maestro :
https://trends.gulte.com/2018/01/27/newspaper-apologizes-to-ilayaraja-for-caste-remark/

Anything about IR found on the net - Vol 4 - Page 26 Apolog10

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Interesting comments by Latha Mangeshkar:
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/music/280118/showbiz-world-welcomes-ilayarajas-padma.html

I have had the privilege and pleasure of singing some Tamil songs for him in the films Anand and Sathya. Then I got to sing a Hindi song for Ilaiyaraja in a film that Raj Kumar Santoshi directed. His compositions are pure genius. Mastering the nuances of the Tamil language was not as difficult as being able to sing the way he wanted me to. He challenged my vocals like Salil Chowdhary and my brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar’s compositions. I also sang a Hindi song Kaun dagar kaun nagar for Ilaiayaraja in a Raj Kumar Santoshi film (Lajja). His compositions are catchy. But the singer knows how complex and layered his songs are. Such a simple man and with such unfathomable depths of talent. Ilaiyarajaji deserves the biggest honours and recognition

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 pm

நெஞ்சில் உரமுமின்றி நேர்மைத்திறமுமின்றி - இதற்கு ஒரு எஜ்ஜாம்பிள்:

New Delhi : The Congress on Saturday accused the government of pulling the Padma awards, the highest civilian honours, into partisan politics.

In a tweet, its chief spokesman Randeep Singh Surjewala accused the government of honouring with the Padma awards persons engaged in propagation and expansion of the BJP.He dug out at least five names of those close to the government who have figured in Padma award list in the guise of recognising the anonymous leaders. They are: Ved Prakash Nanda, who has been propagating the RSS views and Indian culture among the NRIs; Manoj Joshi, an actor from Maharashtra who became face of development in the BJP”s campaign in Gujarat;  P Parmeshwar, the chief RSS pracharak of Kerala who helped BJP establish itself in the state;  Jayshree Goswami Mahanta, wife of the president of the AGP which is a partner in the BJP government in Assam; and  South Indian musician and actor Ilayaraja who is very close to the BJP, propagating it in Tamil Nadu.

The above is from the cached page of http://www.freepressjournal.in/india/padma-awards-partisan-politics-says-sujrewala/1211059
(The page is now removed).

எப்படி இப்படியெல்லாம் பொய் சொல்றானுங்க!

There's another website that caught this :
http://www.pressreader.com/india/the-free-press-journal/20180128/281745564819086

This fellow has also tweeted about it and I quoted his tweet to P Chidambaram & Thirunavukkarasu twitter IDs, encouraging them to give some "TN Lessons to INC" Embarassed

Last edited by app_engine on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 pm

app_engine wrote:நெஞ்சில் உரமுமின்றி நேர்மைத்திறமுமின்றி - இதற்கு ஒரு எஜ்ஜாம்பிள்:

New Delhi : The Congress on Saturday accused the government of pulling the Padma awards, the highest civilian honours, into partisan politics.

In a tweet, its chief spokesman Randeep Singh Surjewala accused the government of honouring with the Padma awards persons engaged in propagation and expansion of the BJP.He dug out at least five names of those close to the government who have figured in Padma award list in the guise of recognising the anonymous leaders. They are: Ved Prakash Nanda, who has been propagating the RSS views and Indian culture among the NRIs; Manoj Joshi, an actor from Maharashtra who became face of development in the BJP”s campaign in Gujarat;  P Parmeshwar, the chief RSS pracharak of Kerala who helped BJP establish itself in the state;  Jayshree Goswami Mahanta, wife of the president of the AGP which is a partner in the BJP government in Assam; and  South Indian musician and actor Ilayaraja who is very close to the BJP, propagating it in Tamil Nadu.

The above is from the cached page of http://www.freepressjournal.in/india/padma-awards-partisan-politics-says-sujrewala/1211059
(The page is now removed).

எப்படி இப்படியெல்லாம் பொய் சொல்றானுங்க!

lol, blaming IR for Rajni's acts, it would appear.  Dalit appeasement, BJP favourite, what next?  As I said above, award tharathu enna pichaiyya?  Thank God I really don't set much store for these national honours.  Even so, it's upsetting to see their hatred pouring out undisguised.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:02 pm

app_engine wrote:Interesting comments by Latha Mangeshkar:
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/music/280118/showbiz-world-welcomes-ilayarajas-padma.html

I have had the privilege and pleasure of singing some Tamil songs for him in the films Anand and Sathya. Then I got to sing a Hindi song for Ilaiyaraja in a film that Raj Kumar Santoshi directed. His compositions are pure genius. Mastering the nuances of the Tamil language was not as difficult as being able to sing the way he wanted me to. He challenged my vocals like Salil Chowdhary and my brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar’s compositions. I also sang a Hindi song Kaun dagar kaun nagar for Ilaiayaraja in a Raj Kumar Santoshi film (Lajja). His compositions are catchy. But the singer knows how complex and layered his songs are. Such a simple man and with such unfathomable depths  of talent. Ilaiyarajaji deserves the biggest honours and recognition

Great comment.  applause Don't know about Hridaynath, but blood flows thicker than water, so have to let that pass.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  ravinat Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Every occasion Raja gets an award his name is dragged into dirt by some idiot who has no idea about music.

They should spare the genius and keep him out of this award circus. This is why I was disappointed when they did not give him the Bharat Ratna.

I cannot still understand why it is so difficult to accept such great intellect and class.

ravinat

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:15 am

crimson king wrote:
app_engine wrote:Interesting comments by Latha Mangeshkar:

I have had the privilege and pleasure of singing some Tamil songs for him in the films Anand and Sathya. Then I got to sing a Hindi song for Ilaiyaraja in a film that Raj Kumar Santoshi directed. His compositions are pure genius. Mastering the nuances of the Tamil language was not as difficult as being able to sing the way he wanted me to. He challenged my vocals like Salil Chowdhary and my brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar’s compositions. I also sang a Hindi song Kaun dagar kaun nagar for Ilaiayaraja in a Raj Kumar Santoshi film (Lajja). His compositions are catchy. But the singer knows how complex and layered his songs are. Such a simple man and with such unfathomable depths  of talent. Ilaiyarajaji deserves the biggest honours and recognition

Great comment.  applause  Don't know about Hridaynath, but blood flows thicker than water, so have to let that pass.
It is interesting that she drew that parallel. I had a chance to listen to some of Hridaynath Mangeshkar's (Marathi) songs on a TV channel almost 15 years ago. It was some programme on his music. And I liked the songs a lot. When I was listening to them, my first reaction about the tune was that they were like Salil Chowdhary's tunes - a bit unpredictable. And in few songs, I heard the bass guitar so distinctly different that I immediately told myself - "that's so Raaja". Now, I heard only 6-7 songs that day but I remember that my key take-aways were that his music had an interesting mix of Salil and Raaja. I didn't really explore that much later. But that was the first instance where I felt Raaja in Marathi music. It was actually my first exposure to Marathi music and I thought - "wow they make some cool stuff". Years later, Ajay Atul's songs raised similar thoughts.  I agree about blood relationship, but there might be some raaja connection somewhere. Need to explore.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Fantastic article by Plum (originally posted as twitlonger and later published on this media):
https://silverscreen.in/tamil/features/ilaiyaraaja-is-dalit-theres-no-need-to-shy-away-from-stating-it/

Ilaiyaraaja Is Dalit; There’s No Need To Shy Away From Stating It
BY PLUM NIYAPPA ON JANUARY 30, 2018

applause

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:38 pm

app_engine wrote:Fantastic article by Plum (originally posted as twitlonger and later published on this media):
https://silverscreen.in/tamil/features/ilaiyaraaja-is-dalit-theres-no-need-to-shy-away-from-stating-it/

Ilaiyaraaja Is Dalit; There’s No Need To Shy Away From Stating It
BY PLUM NIYAPPA ON JANUARY 30, 2018

applause

With all due respect, this completely misses the point.  When NIE calls it Dalit outreach in light of the Bhima Koregaon inspired violence in Mumbai/Pune, the implication should be crystal clear.  They are saying BJP govt gave this award to Raja to placate Dalits (as if he doesn't otherwise deserve the award).  Sorry but is this how we want his Dalit background to be acknowledged? As an upper caste guy, I know exactly what upper caste people mean when they use words like appeasement/outreach with reference to lower castes and it is not a pretty connotation at all.  It is fully intended to suggest the said person did not otherwise deserve the benefit/recognition conferred on him.  The point is not that IR's Dalit origins should be obfuscated; rather that it is grossly unfair to say he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan only because he is a Dalit.  He deserved it anyway and as Ravi sir said, he should in fact have been given the Bharat Ratna. Yes, by all means recognise his Dalit background - by canonising his vast body of work in rural music which is increasingly getting the short shrift.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  irir123 Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:31 pm

Sharing sentiments from a Raaja fan:

இளையராஜாவை ஓர் இசைக் கலைஞராக அன்றி வேறு எதுவாகவும் இதுவரை தமிழகம் கண்டதில்லை, கருதியதில்லை. அப்படி இருக்க, பத்ம விபூஷன் வழங்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் இத்தருணத்தில் அவரை தலித் என்று அடையாளப்படுத்துவதும், அதனாலேயே அவருக்கு அவ்விருது வழங்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது என்று புரிந்துகொள்ளும் வகையிலும் இந்தியன் எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் செய்தி வெளியிட்டிருப்பது அருவருப்பாக உள்ளது. இது ஒரு நிகரற்ற கலைஞனுக்குச் செய்யும் நியாயமோ, மரியாதையோ அல்ல. கேடுகெட்டத்தனத்தின் உச்சம்.

கீழ்மை, சீரழிவு, அழுகல், முடைநாற்றம், அயோக்கியத்தனம், இன்னும் தமிழில் இருக்கும் எல்லா கெட்டவார்த்தைகளையும் சேர்த்து நாமாவளியாக அர்ச்சித்தாலும் இந்த செய்திகுறித்த ஆத்திரம் தீராது.

21ஆம்நூற்றாண்டிலும் இப்படி ஒரு தலைப்பை யோசித்த அந்த ஊடக மூளையை சொல்லவா? அதை தட்டச்சு செய்த கைகளை சொல்லவா? இதை பிழைதிருத்திய அடுத்த படிநிலையில் இருப்பவரின் புத்திசாலித்தனத்தை சொல்லவா? இதை முதல்பக்க முதன்மை செய்தியாக்க முடிவெடுத்த ஆசிரியரை சொல்லவா? குறைந்தது ஐந்து பேராவது ஒப்புதல் அளிக்காமல் இந்த செய்தி இப்படி முதல் பக்கத்தில் வந்திருக்கவே முடியாது. அந்த ஐந்து பேரில் ஒரேஒருவருக்கு கூடவா இது அயோக்கியத்தனம் என்று தோன்றவில்லை? இதை பிரசுரிக்க கூடாது என்று கூசவில்லை? இந்திய/தமிழக ஊடகத்துறையின் ஒட்டுமொத்த சீரழிவுக்கும் இந்திய தமிழக ஜாதிய வன்மத்துக்கும் ஒருசோறு பதம் இந்த செய்தி. இதை பகிர்வதற்கே கூசுகிறது. இதை பகிர்வது சரியா என்று கூட தெரியவில்லை. ஒரு அசிங்க்கத்தை ஊர் முழுக்க பரப்ப ஒத்துழைக்கிறோமோ என்கிற குற்றவுணர்ச்சி எழுகிறது. அவ்வளவுக்கு அழுக்கும் அசிங்கமுமான செய்தி இது. இந்திய குடியரசு தினத்தில் இது வெளியாகியிருப்பது இந்திய குடியரசின், அதன் ஊடகங்களின் கேவலத்துக்கும், கீழ்மைக்கும் இன்னுமொரு சான்று. எப்படி முயன்றாலும் எளிதில் கடக்கமுடியாத அசிங்கம்; அவமானம்; கூசச்செய்யும் கேவலம்.

irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  irir123 Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 pm

Idha vida ayoggiyathanam is Bharathiraja's 'sour grapes' comment.

No wonder IR refused to do 'Vedam pudhidhu'..

and its no wonder as well that IR doesnt work with Vairamuthu - his nauseating comments on Andaal (irrespective of what his personal beliefs are/were) - probably  he must have said something equally stupid to IR in the 80s and IR "appadiyaa, nee kilambu" - matter over!
irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  irir123 Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 pm

Btw, I couldnt help post a political comment: Congress has no chance in the national scene, and it wouldnt be surprising if some of these setrai vaari iraithaal on IR has some congress backing..

If the major names in TN film industry do NOT come out strongly putting down those who are throwing muck at IR, then they are all tacitly insulting IR.

Only in TN, this is possible - idhey IR had be born in Bengal or Maharastra, or, Kerala, there would be state level celebrations.

Oruthar 'idho varen, adho varen' punch dialog 20 varushamaa sollittirukkaar, innoruthhar arivu jeevithanamaa pesaraennu konaar urai thevaipadara alavukku arasiyalum, thathhuvamum kalandhu ularrraar.

But ppl target IR! doesnt make sense
irir123
irir123

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:38 am

CK is right .. Plum is missing the point, even though he may have a valid perspective. It is highly mischievous of the news paper to write like that. It hints that the award was not well deserved and wants to publish his background to the whole wide world so if there are any anachronistic racists/casteists left they will rally around to continue their discriminatory acts. I think BR's comments are pretty innocuous compared to this and not in the same category. If you are from a non-veg background and say you dont eat non-veg (anymore) you will get the same reaction . And it is almost taken lightly/ignored. For that matter, one of our fellow IR fan here in the forum accused IR of the same. His vegetarianism, sanskrit learning, religiousness all lead to these sort of comments. But it is very sad all those 3 things are real virtues or religious piety and that, that should put you in this position. What a society !!!!

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next