Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

+15
[μsic]மாபியா
crimson king
BC
vss1902
al_gates
counterpoint
mythila
IsaiRasigan
jaiganesh
ravinat
Drunkenmunk
ank
Usha
app_engine
raagakann
19 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Any TN hits from "rAman adbullA"?

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Question to experts:

Is the first saraNam of that uruginEn song completely "ArOhaNam" only (like kalaivANiyE which got highlighted for that aspect) or something similar in musical terms...

Looks like IR does leave it high in the end of each of the lines (thus leaving the "tension" and not resolving it with a descending note)...which may explain why I get somewhat dissatisfied with that saraNam Embarassed 

I may be wrong, please confirm Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA" - Page 4 Empty Re: Counting TFM hits of IR - now @1776 - year 1996 is WIP - poll for "rAman abdullA"

Post  app_engine Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:27 pm

1983 Super Hits Part 1 installment a

Let me get started with the next year's super hits. The year when Sivaji Ganesan himself came back to IR, ditching TMS Smile 
(Effectively ending any big-hero avoiding IR any more). veLLai rOjA had MV singing for NT and both the songs and movie became a big hit. Well, let me go in the usual order (from the spreadsheet) and not meander...enough digression done already with that uruginEn uruginEn Smile

#467  aLLi vachcha malligaiyE (PS-Krishnachandar duet, inimai idhO idhO)
Quite popular with all the channels of that time, even though from a practically unknown movie

#468 ponvAnam panneer thoovudhu innEram (SJ solo, inRu nee nALai nAn)
What a song! Popular to this day! As violin Vicky says, the best misra chApu of them all Smile

#469 mottu vitta mullakkodi (SPS-SJ duet, inRu nee nALai nAn)
The movie had an interesting story line, from a novel that appeared for the first time in mAlaimadhi (Kumudam publication) that I read when it came out Embarassed  I've never seen the movie ; going by the song visuals and the fact that Major Sundarrajan was the director, it should have been an awful experience for me had I attempted it Embarassed However, it was a BO hit and songs were a big plus - including this female duet.

#470 thAzhampoovE kaNNuRangu (UR-SJ-SPB, trio song, inRu nee nALai nAn)
Discussed in the SPB-IR thread and later on the VM thread Embarassed Frequently heard on radio and buses those days, as well as private recordings

#471 thalaiyai kuniyum thAmaraiyE (S Rajeswari - SPB duet, oru Odai nadhiyAgiRadhu)
Terrific song that was part of the next IR-Sridhar album. Though the songs were popular, they never had the reach of the prior three albums IR did for Sridhar (IO / AUA / NN). IIRC, this is IR's second reethi gowLai hit (after chinnakkaNNan azhaikkiRAn)...please correct me if there was another in-between

#472 thenRal ennai muththamittadhu (BSS-Krishnachandar duet, oru Odai nadhiyAgiRadhu)
Per my observation, the most popular song of that album. Frequently heard in all available media those days. However, as mentioned above not as popular as IO/AUA/NN songs.

#473 oru kiLi urugudhu urimaiyil pazhagudhu O mainA mainA (SPS-SJ duet, Anandhakkummi)
Bombay recording, IR was the producer. Recently GA told on TV that it was the same band that played for RDB that played for IR in this album

#474 oomai nenjin OsaigaL kAdhil kELAdhO (SJ-SPB duet, Anandhakkummi)
May be this kind of phrases were used earlier also but it was undoubtedly oru thalai rAgam (and TR) who popularized such usage in a big way - starting from "kuzhandhai pAdum thAlAttu" Laughing

#475 O veNNilAvE vA Odi vA (SPS-SJ-SPB trio song, Anandhakkummi)
Possibly it was only the thogaiyaRA that SPS did, can't recall. Anyways, the song was patti-thotti popular, even though from a flop movie with unknown leads

#476 kAttu vazhi pORa poNNE kavalappadAdhE (IR solo, malaiyoor mambattiyAn)
The movie was a blockbuster and the songs were big hits as well. One heard this on all channels those days!

#477 chinnappoNNu sEla sheNbagappoo pOla (SJ-IR duet, malaiyoor mambattiyAn)
Lovely song and extremely popular! Of course, evergreen Smile

#478 veLLarikkA pinju onnu (SPS-GA duet with chorus, malaiyoor mambattiyAn)
I think GA did thogaiyaRA only. This was another patti thotti hit from that movie.

#479 Aduthadi Aduthadi (SPS-MV duet with chorus, malaiyoor mambattiyAn)
Patti-thotti hit with all the typical folk stuff (urumi etc) by IR.

#480 pEsakkoodAdhu (PS-SPB duet, aduththa vArisu)
The song needs no introduction Smile  It was an Embarassed moment for me in theater to see Silukku for this song (rather than Sridevi)

#481 vA rAsA vandhu pAru (SJ solo, aduththa vArisu)
dappAnguththu hit song from an otherwise sophisticated and stylish album Smile

#482 vAzhga rANi vAzhga rAjAngam (SPS-SJ duet with chorus, aduththa vArisu)
Inimitable IR orch, superbly in display here

#483 kAviriyE kavikkuyilE kaNmaNiyE vA vA (SJ-SPB duet, aduththa vArisu)
Extremely popular song by the top duet singer pair, featuring Rajini-Sridevi on screen

#484 Asai nooRu vagai vAzhvil nooRu suvai vA (MV solo, aduththa vArisu)
Terrific song, popular to this day (I guess it had a remix in the new millennium by another MD)

#485 yEnaiyyA ABC ellAmE nee vAsi (SJ solo, aduththa vArisu)
Possibly the least popular from that album - however, this too enjoyed a lot of air time when it arrived. The whole album was a big hit in its time!

Will continue with albums that were even more popular, in the next installment Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:33 pm

1983 Super Hits Part 1 Installment b

#486 antharangam yAvumE solvadhenRAl pAvamE (SPB solo, Ayiram nilavE vA)
Advertised as IR's 200th film. The album was a big success but the movie wasn't. This song has that irritating 'epdi-epdi' Embarassed

#487 oottikkuLiru ammAdi (SPS-MV duet, Ayiram nilavE vA)
Frequently played in tea shops / buses / recording centers. I'm not sure whether AIR approved this or not Smile

#488 dEvadhai iLam dEvi (SPB solo, Ayiram nilavE vA)
Terrific orchestration / interludes but the ooLai sound made it irritating. Of course the song was extremely popular.

#489 veLakku vachcha nEraththula mAman vandhAn (SJ-IR duet, mundhAnai mudichchu)
The biggest commercial hit for KBR in his career. The movie had claims of shattering all the previous BO records in TF prior (and one can never authenticate such claims as the data is never captured properly or transparent). Regardless, the songs were patti-thotti-citi hit and one was listening to them all the time from one source or other. This song was one of those "படத்தின் முதல் பாடலைப்பாட வைத்து அது நல்ல ராசி என்றார்கள்" business Laughing

#490  andhi varum nEram (SJ-SPB duet, mundhAnai mudichchu)
KBR doing school drillmaster stuff with some irritating sets typical those days. Superb song but video filming was a case of "குரங்கு கையில் பூமாலை"

#491 chinnanchiRu kiLiyE (SJ-SPB duet, mundhAnai mudichchu)
Terrific song and decently done on-screen also. Huge hit those days when such songs enjoyed equal public liking as fun ones

#492 nAn pudikkum mAppiLLai dhAn (SPS-SJ and some chorus, mundhAnai mudichchu)
Fun song and a portion gets repeated on-screen (தாப்பாளா அது எதுக்கு) for the ending scene with additional caption "சந்தோஷத்துக்கு" Wink KBR movies were full of matRa elements those days!

#493 kaNNaththoRakkaNum sAmi (SJ-MV duet, mundhAnai mudichchu)
Phenomenally popular song that included some mukkal-munagals by SJ. KBR is still referred to as 'murungakkAi' fellow and this song is for that scene

#494 vA vA vAththiyArE vA (SPS-MV duet, mundhAnai mudichchu)
KBR was fancying himself to be MGR-vArisu in the TF field those days (may be MGR himself told that way) and the 'vAththiyAr' reference was probably to boost that Laughing

#495 sevvandhippookkaLil seydha veedu (UR-DC duet, mellappEsungaL)
BR was the producer and Sandhanabharathy- P Vasu combo were the directors, after their earlier successful panneer pushpangaL. IR as usual gave nice songs for them but the movie didn't do that well IIRC. This song was a super hit, heard everywhere.

#496 manidhA manidhA (KJY solo, kaN sivandhAl maN sivakkum)
It was around this time period that some "red" things made commercial success in TF (sivappu malli was a VK film by AVM that tasted success those days, obviously with the red-eyes of him Laughing ) While this movie didn't make any mark, this song continues to be famous, to this day!

Let me stop here and post on those 1983 deepAvaLi hit songs in the next installment. That day was some sort of a record for IR himself (and obviously any MD)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:59 am

1983 Super Hits Part 1 Installment c

As mentioned in the previous post, that year's deepAvaLi saw many releases by IR. What was special was the huge set of super hit songs / albums / movies that happened on a single day's release, which was some kind of a record / peak in IR's career (and may be that of any TFM MD).

Following are the highlights :

1. 4 hit movies released on a single day (thanga magan, veLLai rOjA, thoongAdhE thambi thoongAdhE, manaivi sollE mandhiram)
2. All top heroes had releases with IR as MD (Sivaji, Kamal, Rajini)
3. Almost all songs were superhits from those three movies as well as a couple from MSM - total super hit song count in one day : 17 Shocked
4. A number of those songs are popular to this day Smile

Well, let me list them here for quick reference, continuing our hit count.

#497 AththAdi adhisayam pArththAlE paravasam (UR-KJY duet, manaivi sollE mandhiram)
Years later KB made a movie with the name PP which bombed at BO. OTOH, this low-bud movie by Rama Narayanan with Mohan-Nalini-Pandiyan-Ilavarasi had a successful run. Two songs were super hits that got played everywhere and this was one. 

#498 mAnE mAnguyilE (SJ-MV duet, manaivi sollE mandhiram)
rAsA was / is a never ending source for innovative rhythm arrangements, combining a lot of usual and unusual rhythm instruments to provide unique concoctions that are so delicious. Yes, this song had one of those 100's and proved to be an easy winner. One should note that despite so many top-star albums coming out just around the same time, songs from this smaller movie became popular - power of IR

#499 rAththiryil pooththirukkum thAmarai thAn peNNO (SJ-SPB duet, thanga magan)
Sathya movies (MGR-RM Veerappan) made this movie and the director was A Jagannathan who did some with MGR before. When reading GA's recent story about a 1995 movie that IR refused to do for the same production company with the same hero (bAshA), I got reminded of the thanga magan album Wink  This is the song that Pulamaippiththan "confessed" as akkiramam by him (for the lewd stuff).

#500 machchAnappAradi machchamuLLa ALudi (VJ-SJ duet, thanga magan)
Of the three albums for top stars that got released that day with some 15 super hit songs, this was the lone song that VM could get as his share Laughing So, people often lamenting lack of VM as a combo for IR are simply fooling themselves and others! 

#501 vA vA pakkam vA (VJ-SPB, thanga magan)
The two note pallavi was such a big fav. for me and the drum / guitar work is as fresh today as it was when it arrived

#502 poomAlai oru pAvai Anadhu (SJ-SPB, thanga magan)
Magnum opus song of the album

#503 adukku malligai (SJ-SPB, thanga magan)
What a sweet song with all the fantastic "chemistry" between the singing pair! First line of the saraNam (mAmpoovE iLampoongAththE mArbOdu enaiththAlAttE) is one of the best ever themmAngu things that happened in TFM!

#504 vAnam keezhE vandhAl enna (SPB with chorus, thoongAthE thambi thoongAthE)
Magnum opus of this album Smile Fantastic orch, chorus (it has SJ as part of the kuzhuvinar I think) and the picturization was kind of interesting for that time period

#505 nAnAga nAnillai thAyE (Two versions, IR solo / SPB solo, thoongAthE thambi thoongAthE)
I think IR's was a "track version" but loved equally as the SPB one by most people. Melodious and sweet song that got played everywhere.

#506 ada rAmA nee namma kitta (SJ solo, thoongAthE thambi thoongAthE)
Some kuppai pAdal varigaL but the song was very popular nevertheless

#507 summA nikkAdheenga (SJ-SPB duet, thoongAthE thambi thoongAthE)
Sulakshana played the second heroine and was awarded this fun song. Well, she made the best use of it, if one goes by my hostel mates' commentary on the movie Wink

#508 varudhu varudhu vilagu vilagu (SJ-SPB duet, thoongAthE thambi thoongAthE)
What a variety in a single album! (People who talk about variety / genre / rhythm / racy this that later on should have listened to such commercial albums before)

#509 thoongAthE thambi thoongAthE (SPB solo, thoongAthE thambi thoongAthE)
Title song and it is possible AVM wanted IR to sing this too, after amman kOyil kezhakkAlE and veLakku vachcha nEraththula. For whatever reason, he chose SPB instead Smile The song was frequently heard on buses.

#510 O mAnE mAnE mAnE unnaiththAnE (SJ-SPB duet, veLLai rOjA)
Sivaji chose to let his son and Suresh do romancing / running around in this movie while doing more serious - senior kind of double role. Possibly with a view to getting Prabhu market share / popularity. This song had Prabhu Ambika and was one of the two rhythm specials in the album and a huge hit

#511 sOlaippoovil mAlaiththenRal (SJ-SPB duet, veLLai rOjA)
My fav of the album and the fantastic rhythm concoction / melody / terrific saraNam plus the singer pair - great in every way!

#512 dEvanin kOyililE yAvarum deepangaLE (MV with chorus, veLLai rOjA)
Officially ending the "embargo", NT came back to IR, with IR being the winner. (No compromise with TMS who either didn't meet IR's standards or allegedly maligned him in public in Srilanka)

#513 nAgooru pakkaththula nammaLOda pEtta (SPS-MV and chorus, veLLai rOjA)
Sivaji doing multiple vEshams in this movie and thoroughly enjoyed these two extreme kinds (church song / bhAi song) and both played often on loudspeakers

Well, the super hits of that year didn't end with this - we have some more to come!

Last edited by app_engine on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:42 pm

1983 Super Hits (Part 1) Installment d

With this post, let us complete the remaining few super hit songs from that year and later talk about the "hit" songs Wink

#514 kALi dAsan kaNNadAsan kavidhai nee (PS-JC duet, soorakkOttai singakkutty)
The AVM film featuring Prabhu, using his ancestral place in the title - lot of promotion for him those days by the industry. They probably thought that he'll be taking his father's mantle but alas it was not going to be. Whatever, we had a terrific misra chApu from IR that was immensely popular those days on buses / teakkadais.

#515 geetham sangeetham nee dhAnE en kAdhal vEdham (SPS-SPB duet, kokkarakkO)
There is also a SPB-solo version and may be another sOga version but I liked only one version with some SPS lines. That was a popular one IIRC. I think Gangai Amaran was the director of this flop movie.

#516 mylapore pakkam mayilakkaNdEnE (MV solo, kokkarakkO)
Another hit song from that album that got played everywhere.

#517 vAn meedhilE adhikAlai nEra rAgam (SJ solo with chorus, rAgangaL mARuvadhillai)
Poor Sirumugai Ravi - had to leave that terrific iLamaikkAlangaL project after getting the tremendous isai mEdaiyil & pAda vandhadhO. This was possibly IR's "consolation album" for him and he did some terrific bass work for this number. 

#518 vizhigaL meenO mozhigaL thEnO (SPB solo, rAgangaL mARuvadhillai)
Nice song - gets featured on super singer kind of programs nowadays

#519 thenRalO theeyO theeNdiyadhu nAnO (SPB solo, rAgangaL mARuvadhillai)
Another sweet song from the LP record that was a regular on radio and other media those days.

#520 adhikAlai nEramE (SJ-SPB duet, meeNdum oru kAdhal kadhai)
Terrific song that is fondly remembered by many even years after! This was not part of my personal collection those days and heard only on radio / buses those days!

#521 sOlai pushpangaLE en sOgam sollungaLEn (PS-GA duet, oomai veyil - later used in ingEyum oru gangai)
The song became so popular via IOKS radio and private recordings even though the movie never got released. Manivannan - who was humble enough to call him "rAppichchai" when it came to getting songs from IR, bought this and the next song in our list and used for his hit movie with Murali as hero.

#522 vadakkuththeru vaNNakkiLi (PS-GA duet, oomai veyil - later used in ingEyum oru gangai)
While not as well-known as sOlai pushpangaLE in later years, it enjoyed very similar popularity with radio / recordings / buses etc at the time of arrival.

Super hits of 1983 done. Let me move on to "hits of 1983" in the next post.

Last edited by app_engine on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 pm

adhikaalai nerame is a great song. But did meendum oru kaadhal kadhai get released this early? I thought it was 1985 or so

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:54 am

counterpoint wrote:adhikaalai nerame is a great song. But did meendum oru kaadhal kadhai get released this early? I thought it was 1985 or so

Per Anbu sir's spreadsheet, the audio release was in 1983. Yes, the film came (much) later but we're documenting here based on audio release timing Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

That sort of makes sense too. Because that song has that classic early 80s IR stamp. I always thought it felt a bit "older" than the time of the movie release.
Prathap mentioned this song specifically  in an interview of his I watched recently in one of the online cinema sites.

Sometimes chances are IR could have composed a song earlier but for whatever reason it was not used and he found  a latter-day film to use it.

do you have any such info for the song "ponni nadhi veLLam" by SPB from mudhal vasantham? the song sounds 3-4 yrs older than the film's release year in terms of the tune, orchestration etc.

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Regarding "ponni nadhi", please look at my post in the IR-SPB thread of the hub :

a_e wrote:
#240 பொன்னி நதி 
(முதல் வசந்தம், 1986 , இது ராசா எப்போ போட்ட பாட்டு?)

groucho had asked about the real timing of this song sometime back. Since this is a lazy afternoon with everyone on siesta allowing me hub-time (here in my sis' home in upstate NY), tried to do some googling / careful listen etc. I have heard this song a few times on buses etc before but never paid a close listen like today. I'm more or less sure this must be from late 70's, sounding more GKV-ish (even MSV-ish) or north-indianish in orchestral arrangements. Definitely not the full-blown rAsA style of 1986 (one even hears bongos in the start of the saraNam - something very untypical of later-day-rAsA.)

Ofcourse, the 'ARu athu Azham illa' of the same movie is his agmark later-80's style. So, it was tailor-made for the Manivannan movie without any doubt. (Per Sureshji's post on another thread, it was a special kind of inspiration from some old Hindi song). The MV song kuyilukkoru niRamirukku is likewise a definite 1986 product, going by the sounds of MV's voice. Same goes with SJ's summA thodavum mAttEn which appears to be tailor-made.

However, as known from the history, Manivannan had the practice of "buying" songs from unreleased movies (the well-known numbers being sOlai pushpangaLE & vadakkuththeru vaNNakkiLi of 'oomai veyil' that were used for 'ingEyum oru gangai'). Going by that history, ponni nadhi must have been a bought out number, even though the source is still to be unearthed. SPB voice sounds 70's. Interestingly, the SJ number from the same movie mAnAdakkodi must also be a bought-out song from late-70's or early-80's from an unreleased movie as the song had orchestration from the 'muLLum malarum' 1978 era. You cannot judge from SJ's voice, however, as she was a master in hiding age for the most part of her career with IR (i.e. from 1976 to 1991).

So, if someone who followed rAsA's unreleased outputs more closely and knows about the origin of ponni nadhi, please post  

I don't think anyone responded in that thread Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:47 pm

1983 Hits (Part 2)

Let me complete this year, cataloging the balance hit songs (which I can't call "super hits" with a patti thotti reach). These were pretty much frequent on buses / tea shops and some were favored by radio Smile

#523 aththai magan thangaththukku enna mayakkam (PS-MV duet, thangamadi thangam)
The movie is unknown to most of those who were in college those days (and thus can understand how it fared). However, this song was frequently on radio and got included in the cassette recordings of many as well

#524 kEttAlum kidaikkAdhammA (SJ-MV duet, sAttai illAdha pambaram)
Another less-known movie, likewise. However, the song was heard frequently involuntarily Wink

#525 nenjukkuL poo manjangaL nee itta nEram (SJ-SPB duet, sAttai illAdha pambaram)
Excellent song, IR's gift to this former asst of KBR. Quite popular with recording centers and its customers those days Smile

#526 ennammA kObam Enindha vEgam (SPB solo, veettula rAman veLiyila krishnan)
I think the movie was a remake from Telugu and so were the songs - it was a hit for Manivannan and this song was quite popular on radio and other media

#527 kanavu onRu thOnRudhE (SJ solo, oru Odai nadhiyAgiRadhu)
A personal favorite - had all the elements of becoming a super hit - the movie's dismal failure combined with too many other hit songs coming around the same time possibly affected this and the next number

#528 rAththirippozhudhu (SPS-PJ duet, oru Odai nadhiyAgiRadhu)
This album somehow missed the reach of the 3 prior albums IR did for Sreedhar or the later one TET. Once again, "crowded out" Smile

#529 nAn undhan sellakkutti (SPS solo, muthu engaL soththu)
Irritating album / songs. Unfortunately, they were pushed thru all channels by AVM and thus had a wider reach than many other deserving albums / songs

#530 neeyenna meesai vachcha poNNA (SJ-MV duet, muthu engaL soththu)
Ditto as the one above

#531 yArAru ennAnnu dhAn solvEndA kaNNA (SJ-PS-BSS group song, muthu engaL soththu)
Better of the lot from this album. Nevertheless didn't deserve to be a hit, IMHO

#532 thAmaraikkodi tharaiyil vandhadheppadi (SPB solo, Anandhakkummi)
Great song with that fantastic second interlude that can enter into IR's top ten! One can perhaps understand why I get frustrated about this song being listed only as a "hit" and not a super hit. Lesser songs (even from this album) became more popular at that time period. Crowd was one problem, being part of a kuppai flop movie could be another. However, this song enjoyed some radio time and private recordings by many.

#533 thiNdAdudhE reNdu kiLiyE (IR solo, Anandhakkummi)
Heard often on buses, tea shops and private recordings. Could not get the reach of 'oru kiLi urugudhu' and other super hits of the album

#534 gangai AtRil ninRu koNdu (PS solo, Ayiram nilavE vA)
Sweet song, could have become more popular if got placed in another movie or album

#535 kanni iLam poovudal (SJ solo, Ayiram nilavE vA)
Enjoyed some bus - teakkadai time but ditto comments like the song above

#536 kAdhal sAgAdhu jeevan pOgAdhu (SJ-MV duet, mellappEsungaL)
Was frequently on radio / buses. IIRC, first movie of Banupriya in Thamizh

#537 mAmimArE mAmanArE vAngu bOndA vadai (SPS-MV duet, manaivi sollE mandhiram)
Became popular because the movie was hit. Undeserved IMHO

#538 vAdi en poNdAtti nee dhAnE (SJ-GA duet with chorus, veLLai rOjA)
Another song which was heard by all because of being part of a hit album / movie. Not a personal favorite.

#539 onnum theriyAdha pAppA kaNNai adichchALAm (SJ-SPB duet, soorakkOttai singakkutti)
"poor hero's iLamai idhO idhO" Laughing  Nicely orchestrated song for an AVM movie with Prabhu in the mold of SKV but IR probably meant "உனக்கு இதுவே ரொம்ப" Smile

#540 yE alangAri ennai cheeNdAdhEy (SPS-MV duet, rAgangaL mARuvadhillai)
dappAnguththu song from an otherwise polished / sophi album, heard on many channels those days

#541 mAmA manmadhakkunju Laughing (SPS solo, pozhudhu vidinjAchchu)
dappAnguththu song frequently heard on buses, especially country side

#542 dasaradhanin thiru maganai (SJ-MV-DC-Ramesh-Krishanachandar group song, dEvi sridEvi)
This one had many saraNams I think...it had a lot of radio-media time. IIRC, watching this movie was a funny experience - documented in the IR-SPB thread.

#543 vAlibam vAzhga (SJ-SPB duet, dEvi sridEvi)
Director GA got a super song from his aNNan but wasted it. Nevertheless, it was heard frequently on many channels

#544 inRu kAdhal meeRudhu (SPS-MV duet, malargaL nanaiginRana)
Superb misra chApu song from an unreleased movie. This was no longer an issue for a wide reach for IR songs thanks to both IOKS and recording centers. The moment disk got released, 100's of centers around TN used to get it and start catalog-ing and offering to customers those days!

#545 kaNNA vA vA (SJ-PJ duet, malargaL nanaiginRana)
Sweet number, personal favorite from the same album

#546 mArgazhippArvai pArkkavA (SJ-SPB duet, uyirE unakkAga)
I didn't even know the name of the movie (until tfmpage days) but the song was well-known / heard. Another unreleased movie. Few years later, there was a Motherland pictures movie with this title, a big hit - with Nadhiya / Lakshmikanth-Pyarelal MD. 'panneeril nanaindha pookkaL mellachchirikka' was a rage from that album)

Well, 1983 is done. I have 1984 & 1985 (2 more years) to complete and then pass the mantle.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Fixed a serial numbering error - so the hit count is as 546, just in TFM, until 1983. (In 8 years).

Here is the chart :

YearCat A (Super Hits)Cat B (Hits)Cat C (Moderate Hits)Year Total
19835624 80
Total so far31316370546

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:52 am

Back to business...let us catalog the 1984 hits (yes, I was still in college in this year and everything related to music was similar - hostel mate getting recorded cassettes / stereo player blasting in hostel wings etc).

This year had a ton of hits, like any other year in that time period. Year of "vaidhEki kAthirundhAL" album. Enough said Smile

1984 Super hits (part 1) First installment

#547 pAdum vAnambAdi (SPB solo, nAn pAdum pAdal)
My cousin called this his song of "paLLiyezhuchchi" those days Smile No need to stress how much this impacted the TN public then. Fantastic song / album!

#548 dEvan kOvil deepam onRu (Two versions, SJ solo and SJ-SNS duet, nAn pAdum pAdal)
One of the very best in SJ's voice from that time period, she seemed to have done effortlessly! Each time I hear this song, I'm reminded of the "light-music-stage-singer" called Shyamala Gowri Laughing  (That was the name of the character in the movie)

#549 pAda vA un pAdalai (SJ solo, two versions - one tension / another sOgam, nAn pAdum pAdal)
WOW! What a song - and how it impacted whole TN! One cannot miss listening to this number if he undertook any kind of travel those days Smile  I'm a bigger fan of the "tension" song while the other can also boast of a lovely prelude and some sweet interludes

#550 machchAna vachchukkadi (SPS-GA duet, nAn pAdum pAdal)
Because this was a dappAnguththu and GA was also the singer, I always thought that he was the lyricist too Embarassed  He got a lot of archchanai from us those days for the horrible "ஏரப்பூட்டணும் - நீரப்பாச்சணும்" akkiramam. Only in recent years I came to know that this was by Vaali. Most of us were sad seeing Ilavarasi in such costume / dance / role at that time, after seeing her as a child artist in some movies before. (One of them came only a year or so before - Kamal-Sridevi movie vAzhvE mAyam IIRC). Anyways, such is the sad situation of female kids entering film field Sad

#551 seer koNdu vA veN mEgamE (SJ-SPB duet,nAn pAdum pAdal)
How can a Motherland pictures album not have SJ-SPB duet Smile Sweet number that reminds me Trichy-Kuliththalai road / bus trip each time I hear. That Missisauga CD has this as the title and also included the song as its opening number.

#552 kAlam mARalAm nam kAdhal mARumA (VJ-SPB duet, vAzhkkai)
NT-Ambi chEchi romance on screen Laughing  Excellent saraNams are the highlight of this song. Definition of the emotion "nostalgia" (not to me, to the milieu called "nostalgia", IR can evoke any emotion with his melody / sounds)

#553 mella mella ennaiththottu (PS -Raj Seetharaman duet, vAzhkkai)
Terrific solo violin prelude interlude was the highlight of this song. Years later I came to know that it is based on the "theme music" for Mani Ratnam's debut movie in Kannada.

#554 iLam kAdhal veeNai (SJ-MV duet, veLLaippuRA onRu)
Around this time, AVM had this habit of blocking all the vividh barathi ad times with clips of its new releases Embarassed This song enjoyed the benefits of such pushy salesmanship. Even otherwise it was a nice song but the popularity was partly due to ugly-irritable levels of marketing.

#555 kAdhalin deepam onRu (SPB solo - also SJ solo which wasn't as popular - thambikku endha ooru)
Definition of sweetness & melodiousness. Big hit and evergreen.

#556 en vAzhvilE varum anbE vA (SPB solo, thambikku endha ooru)
Super hit song with a recycled melody (from Sadma, the indhi version of moonRam piRai, where it replaced the stylish poongAtRu pudhidhAnadhu). A rare case of Rajinikanth movie using a Kamal song from another language Wink

#557 muthumaNichchudarE vA (KJY solo with chorus / child voice, anbuLLa rajinikAnth)
"Rajini Uncle" said Baby Meena, acting as a disabled child on wheelchair in this movie. Another sad case like Ilavarasi where the baby who acted as a child later danced around with the same "uncle" as lover Embarassed

#558 kadavuL uLLamE Or karuNai illamE (Latha Rajinikanth and chorus, anbuLLa rajinikAnth)
The prelude raises goosebumps each time I hear this song - very powerful chorus! The song often makes ones eyes watery Embarassed Embarassed Excellent singing by Latha and popular to this day! Movie directed by Natraj, film institute friend of Rajini.

#559  thEn poovE poovE vA (SJ-SPB duet, anbuLLa rajinikAnth)
Fantastic prelude again and a very sweet song! One of my all-time-fav numbers sung by my fav duet pair Smile

More to come...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 pm

app_engine wrote:#558 kadavuL uLLamE Or karuNai illamE (Latha Rajinikanth and chorus, anbuLLa rajinikAnth)
The prelude raises goosebumps each time I hear this song - very powerful chorus! The song often makes ones eyes watery Embarassed Embarassed Excellent singing by Latha and popular to this day! Movie directed by Natraj, film institute friend of Rajini.

The climax version with its basslines stitched with Mottai taking up Muthu Mani Chudare leaves me weak in the knees every single time.

https://soundcloud.com/navinmozart/illayaraja-anbulla-rajnikanth1982soundtrack-climax-score
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 am

Drunkenmunk wrote:
The climax version with its basslines stitched with Mottai taking up Muthu Mani Chudare leaves me weak in the knees every single time.

https://soundcloud.com/navinmozart/illayaraja-anbulla-rajnikanth1982soundtrack-climax-score

Moving!

கண்கள் கலங்காவிடில் உள்ளம் பாறை என்றே சொல்வேன்!

nanRi for sharing Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:55 pm

DM,

Inum oru paatu iruku.. bit song.. from Pasa paravaigal. Then pandi thamizhe song.. IR padinadhu.. adhuvum manadhai kalanga vaikum.
andha link kidaikuma......

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:32 am

1984 Super Hits - second installment

Continuing on this year, starting with a different kind of song Wink

#560 manmadhan dhAn vitta ambu (VJ-MV duet, thalayaNai mandhiram)
IR had tried alternates for SJ in the munagal genre many times, though mostly unsuccessfully Embarassed  This is one such pootta case, even though the song was a hit Smile

#561 vizhiyilE maNi vizhiyilE (SJ-SPB duet, nooRAvadhu nAL)
The movie was a blockbuster and IR's BGM got praised by everyone. Songs weren't as big a hit as the movie, IMHO. A couple - including this remake of Kannada song Jotheyalli - were super hits but didn't match the popularity of many others of IR in that time period.

#562 ulagam muzhudhum pazhaiya rAththiri (VJ-KJY duet, nooRAvadhu nAL)
Another super hit song from that thriller movie by Manivannan. Heard frequently on radio / buses / recording centers / private cassettes etc, though not to the degree of Motherland Pictures movies' songs

#563 mAlai soodum vELai (SJ-SPB duet, nAn mahAn alla)
Rajini-Radha movie that was initially called 'nAn gAndhi alla' and after some court-case objection, title got changed. SPM-PA masAlA that turned out to be an average grosser. Songs were very popular, however. This is a superb #IR_Waltz number!

#564 ommEla oru kaNNu thillAlangidiyO (SJ-MV duet, nAn mahAn alla)
Never watched this movie but heard those days that this song imitated some Telugu movie songs and Radha replaced silukku Laughing

#565 kalyANam vaibOgam enRenRum vAzhga (SJ-SPB duet, nAn mahAn alla)
Song that I recently mentioned as a "generic sounding piano" song ; can also be accused of imitating indhi-waltz numbers Embarassed  It was a super hit song, however Smile

#566 kasthuri mAnE kalyANaththEnE kachchEri pAdu (UR-KJY duet with some chorus, pudhumaippeN)
AVM not only promoted this movie to atrocious levels but also had the audacity to have the title as "AVMmin pudhumaippeN" Shocked  This song, however, is a terrific gem with some innovative percussion concoction by IR! If we do a hit % ratio of UR-KJY duets, it might come > 90% - very successful duet pair!

#567 kaNNiyila sikkAdhaiyyA kAnAnguruvi (IR solo, pudhumaippeN)
IMHO, not as catchy as the other IR songs for some AVM movies (amman kOyil kezhakkAlE, veLakku vachcha nEraththula etc) but the song got promoted a lot by the production house and thus became super hit. I don't even remember how BR used this song in the movie Embarassed

#568 kAdhal mayakkam (Sunandha, JC duet with chorus, pudhumaippeN)
What a lovely song, this! There are some great poetic lines (நான் தூங்கும் வேளை கனவுகள் தொல்லை, நான் தூங்கவில்லை கனவுகள் இல்லை)  and some outright silly ones (பாதமே சுப்ரபாதம், அனுமதி இலவசம்). Possibly Sunanda's first.

#569 O oru thenRal puyalAgi varudhE (MV solo, pudhumaippeN)
Not a personal favorite but the song was heard everywhere in TN those days Embarassed

#570 nilavonRu kaNdEn en jannalil (SJ-SPB duet, kairAsikkAran)  
Superb prelude and a fantastic melody, evergreen fav and extremely popular all these years, this one!

#571 pOdu thandhAnaththam (SJ-SPB duet, nalla nAL)
Terrific song, with a thavil adi comparable to Asaya kAththula thoodhu vittu. The song was popular those days, especially at tea stalls Smile

#572 kaNNukkuLLE yArO (SPS-PS duet, kai kodukkum kai)
Female duet song for a Mahendran movie featuring Rajini-Revathy. Movie flopped (as is the case of most movies where lead actor or actress is blind thru-out). Songs became popular, however and a couple are evergreen!

#573 thAzham poovE vAsam veesu (SJ-SPB duet, kai kodukkum kai)
Terrific #IR_waltz and an all-time-fav number!

#574 rOjA onRu muththam kEtkum nEram (SJ-SPB duet, kombEri mookkan)
Another fantastic melody for the top duet pair, how many like this in a very short time period! All were exquisite gems and also became super hits!

...to be continued Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:51 pm

komberi mookan...

Gana gana   SJ MVD..... The Best Orchestration..SJ's sweet rendition.....  ...  Radio hit dhan.,

oonjal manam ula  - idhuuvm Radio hit dhan.. Beautiful Instrumentation.............

(nethu morning dhan indha rendu paatum katen.. unexpected aga than.......)

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Back to work, 1984 continues..

1984 Super Hits (Part a) 3rd Installment

#575 nAnE rAjA nee vA rOjA (SJ-SPB with some chorus, neengaL kEttavai)
BM did a masAlA (well, tried to do a typical revenge masAlA but it wasn't very interesting) that was blessed with terrific songs. All were super hits that got played in every available medium

#576 piLLai nilA iraNdum veLLai nilA (Two versions, SJ solo and KJY solo, neengaL kEttavai)
The song is popular to this day..there was even a movie made with the name 'piLLai nilA' later on

#577 kanavu kANum vAzhkkai yAvum (KJY solo, neengaL kEttavai)
Kalyanji-Anandji's hindi film song remade by IR (whether official clearance was obtained or not is unclear, only IR knows now as BM is no more). Song was a super hit and is popular even now Embarassed

#578 O vasantha rAjA thEn sumandha rOjA (SJ-SPB duet, neengaL kEttavai)
Fantastic number that was immensely popular and evergreen!

#579 adiyE manam nillunnA nikkAdhadi (SJ-SPB duet, neengaL kEttavai)
Terrific adi-dhadi number, to this day unmatched for its raciness / beatsiness (people call much lesser ones "racy" nowadays, unfortunately)

#580 kaNNil EdhO minnal adichchiruchchu (SJ-KJY duet, poovilangu)
Murali debut movie, BO hit. KB home production with one of his former assistants becoming director. IR as usual supported with a great album and at least three songs were super hit numbers, that played everywhere those days. This was one.

#581 AththAdi pAvada kAththAda (IR solo, poovilangu)
Perhaps the most popular number from that movie / album Laughing Kuyili, who got introduced as heroine in this movie became a silukku-like dancer later on (nilA adhu vAnaththu mElE)

#582 pOttEnE poo vilangu anbAlE nee adangu (SJ solo, poovilangu)
Sweet misra chApu number with amazing singing by SJ. Personal favorite Smile

#583 jOdi nadhigaL pAdhai vilagichchErndhadhu (SPB solo, anbE Odi vA)
This album was quite popular among "youththu" of that time and frequently heard on buses - even though the movie was a dismal flop. We had the cassette much before the film arrived and the songs were rocking all the time in the hostel corridors!

#584 idhazhil amudham dhinamum paruga vA (VJ-KJY duet, anbE Odi vA)
Another bus-teakkadai rocker

#585 azhagAna pookkaL / kanavOdu Engum (SPB solo / SJ solo, happy-sad versions, anbE Odi vA)
We can even technically count them as two different songs Embarassed I'm clubbing them together because of the same melody - totally different feel / interludes / treatment for both versions. SJ's is my fav.

#586 pArijAtham pagalil pooththadhu (SJ-KJY duet, nilavu suduvadhillai)
One of BR's assistants, K Rangaraj, chose to go with Shankar Ganesh for his first movie, unlike most of his peers who went to IR - and some of us were disappointed Sad That movie had a nice song by VJ, 'yAradhu sollAmal nenjaLLippOvadhu'. I thought he'll now continue with S-G. Well, he chose IR for his second movie and voilA, rAsA greeted him with this fantastic number! Any time I hear the prelude, I feel like taking off - soaring above clouds! What a song! Regular on buses / recording centers / teakkadais etc

#587 vachchukkavA onna mattum nenjukkuLLE (SJ-KJY duet, nallavanukku nallavan)
patti-thotti hit. I think there's even a recent remix of this song. People talked quite a bit about the "bulbs-on-body" dance as well as "so many" Dyanora TVs that got featured in this song.

#588 unnaiththAnE thanjam enRu nambi vandhEn mAnE (Manjula-KJY duet, nallavanukku nallavan)
For an AVM commerical with Rajini, IR picked KJY to do most songs for him. Quite interesting Smile Well, the songs were super-duper hits and so was the movie!

#589 muththAdudhE muththAdudhE (SJ-SPB duet, nallavanukku nallavan)
Superb prelude and fantastic drum work. This song was for Karthik-Thulasi - some irritating sets / dance etc. Though a super hit, the popularity level of KJY songs were much more in this album

#590 namma modhalALi nalla modhalALi (MV-SPB duet with chorus, nallavanukku nallavan)
Fun song

#591 sittukku sellachchittukku oru siRagu muLaiththadhu (KJY solo, nallavanukku nallavan)
Serious song, terrific and all-time-fav!

There are still more super hits from this year, coming in the next post Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 pm

1984 Super Hits - 4th installment

Possibly the last one for super hits (however, more "hits" will come in another post that didn't match these in overall popularlity)

#592 rOjA onRu uLLangaiyil pooththadhu (SJ-SPB duet, O mAnE mAnE)
A failed remake of chattakkAri (famous Malayalam movie about an Anglo-Indian girl ; looks like only such girls wore boy shirts those days and were called "chattai-kAri" ; nowadays all girls wear shirts / pants and such title would sound funny). That Lakshmi movie was also remade in Hindi as Julie and the equivalent song was very popular (Julie-i love you) and was known to even TN public. This duet is a personal fav - excellent orch by IR - had the movie been a hit, this should have become even more famous! Frequently heard on all media those days!

#593 pon mAnai thEdudhE (KH solo, O mAnE mAnE)
A rare case of Kamal singing as a playback singer for another artist! This song became popular more because of that reason (not a big fav for me)

#594 mEgam kottattum Attam uNdu (SPB solo / KH solo, two versions, enakkuL oruvan)
Song popular to this day! What a terrific percussion shift towards the end!!

#595 thEr koNdu senRavan yArenRu solladi thOzhi (PS solo, enakkuL oruvan)
Terrific song - I've talked much about it in the PS ammA thread

#596 muththam pOdhAdho? (SJ-SPB duet, enakkuL oruvan)
Superb #IR_Waltz and such a flowing-running number, right from the prelude! (There is a small speed breaker in the "madhu vilakku" portion in one saraNam but otherwise, racy)

#597  hEy I love you (VJ-KJY duet, unnai nAn sandhiththEn)
Unusual singer in a Motherland pictures movie, VJ, for the first time! This song was a patti-thotti hit (though some complained about the 'rAjAvin pArvai' cloning in picturization).

#598 dEvan thandha veeNai ( SJ-PJ & SJ-SPB two duet versions, unnai nAn sandhiththEn)
Sweet song, rare case of a Kannadasan song that got released much after his death. Both this movie and album became another super hit for Motherland pictures, after nAn pAdum pAdal. Interestingly, the director was G Rangaraj, whose first film was with S-G (as told in the last post).

#599 unnaikkANum neram nenjam (VJ-KJY duet, unnai nAn sandhiththEn)
Two duets for this pair in this album and both made it everywhere!

#600 thAlAttu mARippOnadhE (SJ solo, also there's IR version, unnai nAn sandhiththEn)
What a song! Those days I could not listen to this song without goose bumps / kaN kalangal etc - very special to me!

#601 mEgam karukkaiyilE puLLa dhEgam kuLirudhadi (UR-IR duet, vaidhEki kAthirundhAL)
GA recently recalled how IR composed all these songs when he had a break while travelling to a location to compose for another movie. As recalled by PA & RS on separate accounts, the movie was "made for songs" and went on to become a blockbuster! Perhaps the top one in Revathy's career, showed Vijayakanth in a very different role and well-known for the "all-in-all-azhagurAjA" comedy Smile

#602 rAsAththi onna kANAdha nenju / rAsAvE onna kANAdha nenju (PJ solo / PS solo, two versions, vaidhEki kAthirundhAL)
No need to talk about the popularity of this song. (However, I get irritated each time I hear someone connecting this song to an elephant fiction Embarassed )

#603 inRaikku Enindha AnandhamE (VJ-PJ duet, vaidhEki kAthirundhAL)
Recently I heard a PJ solo version of this song on raajafm (with VJ AlAps in interludes but no singing) but the duet version is definitely the best! What a terrific number!

#604 kAthirundhu kAthirundhu (PJ solo, vaidhEki kAthirundhAL)
Max mileage for PJ in an IR album. He did a neat job (though he cannot do even 25% justice for those songs when he sings on stage). The udukkai saththam and the following folk portion in the interlude is quite terrifying!

#605 azhagu malar Ada (SJ solo, vaidhEki kAthirundhAL)
A song that needs no introductions Smile One of the best ever by SJ, one of the best ever 5 beat cycle (thaka-thakita) number in TFM. It should have been easier for IR to avoid veeNai than his favorite flute for this song. However, he valued those line penned by Vaali and avoided both the instruments Smile (விரல் கொண்டு மீட்டாமல் வாழ்கின்ற வீணை & ஊதாத புல்லாங்குழல் - metaphors for the poor widow who lost her husband immediately after the wedding ceremony and had to live single ever after)

#606 oru nAyagan udhayamAgiRAn (SPS-SPB duet with chorus, dhAvaNikkanavugaL)
After reaching his peak in mundhAnai mudichchu KBR started his sarivu (though slowly) with this movie. Featured Sivaji & BR but didn't achieve he same level of success like his previous movies. A few songs were super hits, however!

#607 sengamalam sirikkudhu (SJ-SPB duet, dhAvaNikkanavugaL)
Superb song by my fav combo of IR-SJ-SPB. Was popular in every available media those days.

#608 vAnam niRam mArum (SJ-SPB duet, dhAvaNikkanavugaL)
Another personal fav and very nostalgic song. (If one wants to know more, please visit the IR-SPB thread in the hub and read this post Laughing )
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&s=ceb19ed8167ba7e34338eefec5d39e4e&p=750255&viewfull=1#post750255

Smile

Will try to complete all the "other 'ordinary' hits of 1984" in one single post...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 pm

1984 Part 2 - Hits

It had been a while since this thread got updated - lot of work meanwhile Embarassed

Well, could managel some time today and here are the details, to complete this year :

#609 gangai nadhi meenO (SJ-KJY duet, niyAyam)
Personal fav, it had to be only with radio / private recordings and buses. Could have been a bigger hit had it been part of a real biggie movie Embarassed

#610 karudhu kAththAdudhu kuruvi kooththAdudhu (SJ-MV duet, niyAyam)
Popular on buses and country side, not sure if this had radio time (or banned). I'm sure it made into a lot of "recorded cassettes" as well

#611 manamE nee thudikkAdhE (IR solo, vAzhkkai)
One of those "thaththuva" stuff in IR's solo voice, had wide reach but didn't match the popularity of mella mella or kAlam mARalAm

#612 poNNunnA poNNu emmAm periya poNNu (SJ - Ramesh duet, veLLaippuRA onRu)
Not sure if this was another of those "Bindu Ghosh" songs - quite a few came up in that season, with SJ doing a lot of deliberate off-key singing and those were frequently heard on buses and elsewhere

#613 AsaikkiLiyE araikkilO puLiyE (MV solo, thambikku endha ooru)
Hit song but somewhat eclipsed by that colossal kAdhalin deepam onRu

#614 kalyANa mELachchaththam engEyO kEkkudhu (SJ solo, thambikku endha ooru)
Another hit song from that popular movie / album, for the 2nd heroine Sulakshana IIRC, and thus didn't make it as a super hit

#615 iLanguyilE chinnanchiru mayilE (VJ with chorus, anbuLLa Rajinikanth)
The song enjoyed a lot of radio and bus time but cannot be placed at par with thEn poovE poovE vA or muthumaNichchudarE or kadavuL uLLamE in popularity

#616 Alangatti mAmazhaiyAm (SPS-SPB duet, ezhudhAdha sattangaL)
Only during my IR-SPB thread exercise I've identified this song to be from a NT movie Embarassed Moderately popular but not a super hit.

#617 kalyANachchElai unadhAgum nALai (Shobha-SPB duet, ambigai nEril vandhAL)
Nice song with radio-bus level popularity, with a rare female singer whose only song possibly.

#618 annai thAlAttuppAda (PS solo, ambigai nEril vandhAL)
Is there any PS solo thAlAttu with IR, that missed the mark? Never! This one too made it to radio and other media those days - despite the obscure nature of the movie.

#619 urugudhE idhayamE arugilE vA vA (VJ solo, nooRAvadhu nAL)
That eerie song from the thriller movie. Yes, got played frequently on the media but didn't make it to the grade of the duets in popularity.

#620 thEnil vadiththa silaiyE (SJ-Krishna chandar duet, kuvA kuvA vAththukkaL)
The song was popular - on buses and other media but I don't remember connecting it with that Manivannan movie those days. In general, I didn't have great regard or expectations for songs from Manivannan movies those days.

#621 thaniyA thavichchirukkEn (SJ-MV duet, neruppukkuL eeram)
I've heard this song only on buses those days - never heard it from private recordings, don't know why

#622 kaNNil onRu kaNdEn (SJ-MV duet, neruppukkuL eeram)
Ditto like the previous song, may be this was also heard from radio many times.

#623 karattOram moongil kAdu (IR solo, magudi)
I clearly recall this song being used on vividh bharathi commercials those days Laughing Some idea of advertising...poor director.

#624 neelakkuyilE unnOdu nAn paN pAduvEn (SJ-SPB duet, magudi)
Sweet terrific #IR_Waltz, the song gained more popularity in later years - even though it had only limited reach upon arrival. (I've seen this song included in the Missisauga CD, for example - proving its evergreen nature / reach)

#625 kai veesum thAmarai (SJ-SPB duet, kairAsikkAran)
Not popular to the degree of nilavonRu kaNdEn from the same album but hit nevertheless. (Also included in Missisauga CD Laughing )

#626 yammA yammA nee vAzhanum AnandhamA (MV and chorus themmAngu, nalla nAL)
Terrific adi-dhadi song, one can "feel" the speed / raciness in the saraNam portions! Trademark IR stuff! Mostly heard on buses those days.

#627 oththaiyila peN kudhirai nikkudhaiyA thaniyA (SJ-MV duet, nalla nAL)
The "pen kudhirai" reference cracked us up those days as magazines used to make fun of Nalini's face as "kudhirai moonji". Here the director-lyric writer also do the same conspiracy, ayyO pAvam. The song was on radio-buses frequently.

#628 vetta veLi pottalilE (SJ solo, nalla nAL)
Perhaps the best song of the album that could have given a close run to the 'pOdu thandhAnaththam' for the top spot in popularity as well - had the movie become a hit. Didn't happen that way Embarassed Had to be content with radio-buses.

#629 kattil pAttoNNu pAdu (SJ solo, nEram nalla nEram)
May be another Rama.Narayanan-style (i.e. similar low-budget) movie but the song was frequently heard on media.

#630 pavaLamaNiththEr mElE bhavani varuvOm (PS-MV duet, nEram nalla nEram)
Ditto as the song above

#631 yen anbE EngAdhE (SJ solo, nEram nalla nEram)
Possibly more popular than the above two from this album, frequently heard on radio.

#632 love me love me love me (MV solo with some chorus, poo vilangu)
The "less popular" song of the super hit album. Frequently heard those days, nevertheless.

#633 alai meedhu thadumARudhE siRu Odam (VJ-SPB duet, anbuLLa malarE)
Nice song from the B R Ravishankar movie (director of EVK) that we've often talked about on forums...

#634 nALum en manam (SJ-KJY duet, nilavu suduvadhillai)
Sweet #IR_Waltz that was a choice for private recordings those days. I believe a Telugu song with the same melody is a super hit there.

#635 O dEvan kOyil veeNai (SJ-SPB duet, O mAnE mAnE)
Personal favorite - could have become more popular than the relatively limited reach, had the movie hit the bull's eye

#636 yenakkuL oruvan yAr (MV solo, enakkuL oruvan)
Relatively less reach compared to the super hits of this album (mEgam kottattum, thEr koNdu vandhavan, muththam pOdhAdhO)

#637 engE endhan kAdhali (SPB and chorus, enakkuL oruvan)
Ditto as above

#638 veNNilA Odudhu kaNNilE Adudhu (VJ-KJY duet, nALai unadhu nAL)
Sweet song, frequently heard on radio and buses - another of those VJ-KJY duets from that time period.

#639 mAmOi mAmOi kaLLukkada maRandhirunga (SPB solo, dhAvaNikkanavugaL)
KBR's prachchArappAdal - he was perhaps thinking he'll be next MGR Laughing 

#640 neeyA azhaiththadhu en nenjil minnal adiththadhu (SJ-SPB duet, alai Osai)
The songs sounds a little bit older (for 1984). However, no question about the popularity / reach of the song.

#641 Atti vachchA Ada vENum (VJ-MV duet, nalla thambi)
IIRC, AVM movie and lot of push made the songs reach households Embarassed None of the songs from this album made it to my favorites those days

#642 thangam ivaL angam (SJ-SPB duet, nalla thambi)
Ditto as above

#643 kalyANa poNNirukku (SJ_MV duet, nalla thambi)
Better of the lot from that AVM-pushed album, popular on radio and elsewhere as well.

Well, 1984 done Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Stats at the end of 1984 :

YearCat A (Super Hits)Cat B (Hits)Cat C (Moderate Hits)Year Total
19815438 92
19827733 110
19835624 80
19846235 97
Total so far37519870643

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:25 pm

1985 Super Hits - first installment

Let me get started with the glorious 1985 - the year in which IR got more than a CENTURY of super hit songs in TFM, in addition to "ordinary hits"!

#644 chellakkuzhandhaigaLE ( Sujatha-VJ duet, my dear kuttichchAththAn 3D)
The Malayalam original had SJ (and probably got recorded in IR's presence). SJ was so busy those days that some of those "dubbed" songs went the VJ way. Typically it was from TFM to other languages. In this case, MFM was the original. Regardless, the song (and obviously the movie, India's first 3D) was a huge hit!

#645 poo vAdaikkAtRE (KJY solo with chorus, my dear kuttichchAththAn 3D)
Very enjoyable smoothie kind of song - popular in multiple languages including Thamizh!

#646 EkAntha vELai inikkum (SJ-SPB duet, pAdum paRavaigaL)
Another "dubbing" song, this one from Telugu but fortunately the singing pair was kept the same Smile Going by the web presence, I think this song was a much bigger hit in the original language.

#647 keeravANi iravilE (SJ-SPB duet, pAdum paRavaigaL)
The movie got dubbed in 1986 in Thamizh I think (Karthik-Banupriya). Since I moved out of TN by that time, don't know the fate of the movie in TN. OTOH, this song was very popular and reached me in Palakkad  Smile

#648 pattukkannam thottukkoLLa ottikkoLLum (PS-SPB duet, kAkkichchattai)
Though we were in final year of engineering, movie watching / song listening continued without any recession. Actually, after some success in campus interviews and not much academic stuff to worry about like prior years, it kind of went up Embarassed I remember watching this song on "trailer" in some Trichy theaters before watching the movie itself. As posted in a number of places elsewhere, IMHO, MGR-JJ song by IR.

#649 pooppOtta dhAvani (SJ-SPB duet, kAkkichchattai)
The song was a rage those days - playing everywhere practically, despite the mukkal munagals Laughing

#650 vAnilE thEnilA AdudhE pAdudhE (SJ-SPB duet, kAkkichchattai)
Fantastic song and used to be my top fav when the album arrived. As posted on many other occasions, chEchchi's dancing skills make the watching painful

#651 kaNmaNiyE pEsu mounam enna kooRu (SJ-SPB duet, kAkkichchattai)
Very sweet number, melodious #IR_Waltz and patti-thotti hit. The whole album was a rage those days and the songs continue to be popular even now!

#652 singAri sarakku nalla sarakku (SPB solo, kAkkichchattai)
Definition of a racy dappAnguththu! SPB in top elements. No need to emphasize the popularity Smile

#653 ellArumE thirudanga dhAn (IR solo, nAn sigappu manidhan)
Possibly the title song of the movie, as was the norm those days - to have an IR song (அது நல்ல ராசி என்றார்கள் business). The movie had Rajini as professor and KBR as CID per my memory. All the songs reached patti-thotti.

#654 peNmAnE sangeetham pAdi vA (SJ-SPB duet, nAn sigappu manidhan)
Terrific duet by the top pair - possibly heard 1000's of times since its arrival - mostly involuntarily

#655 gAndhi dEsamE kAval illaiyA (SPB solo, nAn sigappu manidhan)
I was stunned by the impact of this song when Visu used it in his TV program on Jaya TV a few years back! Sensational number!

#656 veNmEgam viNNil ninRu (SPB solo, nAn sigappu manidhan)
Beautiful 7 beat cycle number. Another "sister-song-for-Rajini" Laughing Those were the days when such soft / poignant numbers became patti-thotti hits and got played on buses / teakkadais / functions incessantly!

#657 kungumaththu mEni koLLaiyida vA nee (SJ solo, nAn sigappu manidhan)
Around this time, Anuradha replaced silukku for "one-song-dance" thingy in masAlA movies, possibly as a low-cost-alternative. Such songs by IR were invariably awesome to hear but erichchal to watch on-screen.

#658 rAjA magaL (PJ solo, I think there was also SJ version and a duet, piLLai nilA)
Very popular song, frequently heard on buses and from "recorded cassettes". Not just at the time of arrival but in many years following.

#659 sangeetha mEgam thEn sindhum nEram (SPB solo with a female humming, udhaya geetham)
WOW what a song! The second interlude alone is worth in gold and precious stones! kAkkichchattai, nAn sigappu manidhan and udhaya geetham all three movies released on the same day and went on to become super hit movies. KS with Kamal as hero, NSM with Rajini as hero and UG with IR as hero Smile

#660 ennOdu pAttuppAdungaL (SPB solo, udhaya geetham)
Anand Babu s/o Nagesh got introduced on screen by TR IIRC and was frequently used as a "one-song-dance" male equivalent of silukku in a number of movies thereafter Embarassed This was one such.

#661 pAdu nilAve thEn kavidhai (SJ-SPB duet, udhaya geetham)
Evergreen favorite! When I first watched the movie, I was very impressed with the "sichuvEshan" of this song Smile I mean, the beginning of it. However, by the time of the second interlude, it became intolerable with routine stuff of Motherland pictures movies Embarassed However, the movie was interesting overall, with some Goundamani comedy too!

#662 mAnE thEnE kattippudi (SJ-SPB duet, udhaya geetham)
Definition of the word "rollicking" Smile Very enjoyable song and a patti-thotti hit!

#663 thEnE thenpANdi meenE (Two versions - SJ and SPB solos - udhaya geetham)

Sweet, soothing lullaby. Nice to hear when relaxing. However, the song got played at every possible occasion in TN those days, including on kOlAmbi speakers Laughing

#664 udhaya geetham pAduvEn (SPB solo, udhaya geetham)
Terrific song with awesome tablA and interludes. Like other songs of the album, super hit and got played everywhere - despite being a depressingly sad song.

BTW, during the discussion of UG songs on the hub in the IR-SPB thread, Murali sir pointed out that each song was by a different lyricist in this album. (Muthulingam / MG Vallaban / Mu Mehta / nA kAmarAsan / Vaali / VM). However, the pAdal varigaL were mAnE-thEnE kinds and I had some fun with those in this post (#DontMiss) :

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB&p=754322&viewfull=1#post754322

We have a lot more to come in this year, let's have a break for now.

Last edited by app_engine on Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:29 pm

1985 Super hits - 2nd installment

#665 andha nilAvaththAn nAn kaiyila pudichchEn (KSC-IR duet, mudhal mariyAdhai)
Fantastic super hit number with unbelievably imaginative ludes! IR should have felt "This is a winner" right at the time the melody sprang up in his mind! Correctly chose to embellish with fantastic arrangements and rustic singing!

#666 poongAtRu thirumbumA (SJ-MV duet, mudhal mariyAdhai)
Famous song, with that last pallavi changed to "adi nee dhAnA andhakkuyil" - well, one is often told that KSC's first TFM song was recorded for a movie with that name  - not sure whether they renamed that movie after this MM song became a cult number, as MM predates the release date of that movie; OTOH, if poojaikkEththa poovidhu got recorded with a movie title NDAK, then this song borrowed from it Wink Does someone know the actual chronology of events?

#667 vetti vEru vAsam (SJ-MV duet, mudhal mariyAdhai)
(குருவி கட்டும் கூட்டுக்குள்ள குண்டு வைக்கிற ) violent VM who had the benefit of getting the first line from some source (as in the case of some other songs too), as per some thuNukku I've read. அவரே சொன்னாரா தெரியாது. Great work overall, nevertheless, in this album by the kavingar! Awesome hit number!

#668 rAsAvE onna nambi (SJ solo, mudhal mariyAdhai)
Darling of TV reality shows / competitions. No need to talk about the popularity of the song for decades. despite not having "video" (in the version I watched, a rare case of FDFS for me)

#669 Ey kiLiyirukku pazhamirukku (IR and chorus, mudhal mariyAdhai)
IR doing playback for NT Smile What a wonderful situation, though for a very short song!

#670 Ey kuruvi chittukkurvi (SJ-MV duet, mudhal mariyAdhai)
Another short song that became a household number in TN

#671 eRadha mala mEla (SJ-MV duet, mudhal mariyAdhai)
Some kuRumbu business there, patti-thottiyellAm popular

#672 nilavu thoongum nEram (SJ / SPB / solo / duet multiple versions, kungumachchimizh)
Don't know why so many versions of this song. While I'm not a big fan of that harmonica (mouth organ) sound, the song was a rage. Typical tablA based #IR_Waltz, for R Sundarrajan

#673 vachchALAm neththippottu (VJ-MV duet, with some chorus, kungumachchimizh)
Countless listens on buses and teakkadais, this themmAngu number

#674 goodsu vaNdiyilE oru kAdhal vandhiruchchu (SJ-MV duet, kungumachchimish)
I love the orch of this song - what a racy number! Another bus-teakkadai-recording center- kOlambi hit

#675 kai valikkudhu kai valikkudhu mAmA (SJ-MV duet, kungumachchimizh)
Very imaginative IR number where mukkal-munagals are cleverly inserted into a kitchen-complaining-wife song Laughing All kinds of innovations by IR Laughing

#676 indhiran vandhadhum chandhiran vandhadhum (IR with chorus, AN pAvam)
Terrific-racy song that got played everywhere in TN at the time of arrival!

#677 kuyilE kuyilE poonguyilE (KSC-MV duet, AN pAvam)
Sweet song with IR-signature rhythm arrangements. Popular in every possible medium for music then!

#678 kAdhal kasakkudhaiyA 
Fantastic chronological order, IR-style :
Kittappa > PU Chinnappa > MKT > NT > MGR > IR Smile  That is exactly the correct progression of TFM, as viewed by the TN public!  (KH & RK, please go away Laughing )

#679 enna pAdachchollAdhE (SJ singing both sOgam and sugam versions, AN pAvam)
Demo of SJ skills - another widely popular song, from a super hit movie!

Will continue more in the next post Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:40 am

1985 Superhits - 3rd installment

The rights issue kind of sidetracked us Embarassed

Let's get on with our job of documenting the hits Smile

#680 suga rAgamE en suga bOgamE (VJ-MV duet, kanni rAsi)
R Pandiarajan's debut as director and IR greeted him with a couple of sweet numbers. MV had two voices in this song (for Janagaraj and Prabhu I think, one mimicking CSJ). The song was heard everywhere those days.

#681 ALa asaththum malliyE malliyE (VJ-SPB duet with some chorus, kanni rAsi)
Another duet that was quite popular those days - especially on buses.

#682 pon mAnE kObam Eno (UR-Vijay aka Unni Menon, oru kaidhiyin diary)
"Re-joining"  of BR-KBR-KH after sigappu rOjAkkaL. Funnily, for a revenge masAlA with "three villains" Laughing Whoever fixed that number 3...KH had to later break it with four in aboorva sagO IIRC Wink Well, this song had KH with muRukku meesai romancing around Revathy and was / is popular.

#683 ABC nee vAsi (VJ-KJY duet, oru kaidhiyin diary)
Very popular and KH-Radha romancing in this number. The scene preceding the song is one of my favorites Laughing Sweet song & patti-thotti hit.

#684 idhu rOsAppoovu vandha lEsA neevu (VJ-GA and chorus, oru kaidhiyin diary)
Anuradha - the poor man's silukku found her way into KH movies in this time period and needless to say generating a lot of irritation. The song was very popular, however - with that uRumi + drums sounds, inimitable IR

#685 en anbE anbE en manam un vasam (SJ-SPB duet, unnaiththEdi varuvEn)
Sridhar's flop movie (unfortunately watched this during student days) but the song was always on buses and recording centers

#686 oru nALil vaLarndhEnE (SJ-Ramesh duet, unnaiththEdi varuvEN)
Another duet from the same Sridhar movie that was widely popular. Sweet number. While I frowned those days as to "why no SPB for this song", the recent events made me think "well, IR had a point - in producing hits with such unknowns" Wink

#687 mayanginEn sollaththayanginEn (PS-PJ duet, nAnE rAjA nAnE mandhiri)
What a terrific number! IRFs who follow him into the new millennium know that this song made into Telugu anumanaspadam as 'prathi dhinam" Smile

#688 dhEgam siRagadikkum (KSC-PJ duet, nAnE rAjA nAnE mandhiri)
Another sweet duet from the same Vijayakanth-Radhika movie that was popular on buses / recording centers etc. I've never had my own collection of this song but every single listen was "involuntary"

#689 idhayamE nALum nALum kAdhal pEsa vA (SJ-MV duet, aduththAththu Albert)
G N Rangarajan could not reproduce his kalyANarAman-meeNdum kOkilA days ever again but IR continued to shower him with nice songs! This song is a personal favorite and was heard everywhere those days

#690 vandhAL mahAlakshmiyE (SPB solo, uyarndha uLLam)
OK, finally time for a KH-AVM-SPM-IR movie to flop Embarassed However, the songs were big hits. I still recall the Jamal Mohammed college student reproducing this song on Festember stage in college so well, with all those SPB konashtais Laughing (Per Plum in the SPB-IR thread on the hub, this song was more popular than others from the album, even though I've heard it fewer times than engE en jeevanE...that way, I'm upgrading this to super hit...this was also during my "transition period" from TN to KL and my assessment of hit-or-not slowly fading)

#691 kAlaiththenRal pAdi varum (PS solo, uyarndha uLLam)
Terrific PS solo and perhaps my familiarity exclusively thanks to buses and teakkadais Smile That is, even after I moved out of TN the next year, it continued to keep coming.

#692 engE en jeevanE (SJ-KJY duet, there is IR solo version too, uyarndha uLLam)
What a song! The prelude and humming itself is goosebump stuff. Unlike the previous song, this one also made into my personal cassette from recording center those days Wink

Will continue with some more biggie albums from that year!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:52 pm

1985 Super Hits - 4th Installment

#693 poo mAlaiyE thOL sEra vA (SJ-IR duet, pagal nilavu)
Phenomenal song, big hit and popular to this day! First TF of MR and the album had all songs by GA.

#694 mainA mainA mAman pudichcha mainA (IR with chorus, pagal nilavu)
The whole album was popular at the time of arrival, with the songs getting played in all channels of that time. This song was no exception, though not a big fav with me. (Then and now)

#695 nee appOdhu pAththa puLLa (SPS-MV-SPS and chorus, pagal nilavu)
Popular those days, though not many may recall now Embarassed

#696 poovilE mEdai nAn pOda vA (PS-JC duet, pagal nilavu)
Short but sweet song with terrific prelude and was frequently heard on buses

#697 vArAyO vAn mathi (Usha Srinivasan - Ramesh duet, pagal nilavu)
Most people may not remember the singers today but the song had its day

#698 vaidhEki rAman kai sErum nEram (SJ solo, pagal nilavu)
Song well-remembered to this day

#699 kaNNil enna kArgAlam (SJ-SPB duet, un kaNNil neer vazhindhAl)
One of those countless hits with this duet pair from that time period, this one for a BM-Rajinikanth flop movie Embarassed

#700 iLamanadhu pala kanavu (SJ-SPB duet, selvi)
Enough had been written on the forums about the dog duet number Laughing The instrumental version of the song was often used as "cassette ending" by recording center fellows those days!

#701 siRiya paRavai siRagai virikka (SJ-SPB with chorus, andha oru nimidam)
Three stanza bonanza, one of the songs for which excellent quality audio is so common! It is inexplicable as to how such thing happened only with this song from that time period Smile

#702 thEvai indhappAvai (SPS-SPB duet, andha oru nimidam)
Racy song with some surprise elements packed in (the whole album has a ton of things going on in every song) - IR did a lot for this flop movie, much like he did for the other movie directed by Major. That way, it was not necessarily only because of KH.

#703 alaigaLil midhakkudhu nilavonRu kuLikkudhu (SJ-SPB duet, andha oru nimidam)
Another sweet number with lovely rhythm arrangements but not for heroini (dancer Anuradha IIRC)

#704 nalla nEram nEram (SJ solo, andha oru nimidam)
Such terrific work for a dud movie

#705 pachchOndhiyE kELadA (SPB with chorus, andha oru nimidam)
Not a personal fav. but such masAlA numbers were needed in the movie's context Embarassed 5 Super hit songs for a terrible movie that flopped

#706 kaNmaNi nee varakkAththirundhEn (UR-KJY duet, thenRalE ennaiththodu)
One of the biggest hit albums / movie of that year! 4th LP record for director Sridhar (after IO / AUA / NN) with fantastic numbers!

#707 EmmA andhi mayakkamA (MV solo, thenRalE ennaiththodu)
These songs got played practically everywhere those days.

#708 kavidhai pAdu kuyilE kuyilE (SPB solo, thenRalE ennaiththodu)
Nice rhythm arrangement for the pallavi which is somewhat not matched in the saraNam for its brilliance IMO.

#709 ennAnga mAppiLLai nalam dhAnA (SJ solo, thenRalE ennaiththodu)
The song was already popular when it got played in trailer in theaters. I've talked quite a bit about this album / songs / college days in the IR-SPB thread Wink

#710 pudhiya poovidhu pooththadhu (SJ-SPB duet, thenRalE ennaiththodu)
Should I even talk about the popularity of this number? Ever green #IR_Waltz! Can't help but recall the "Indane gas cylinder" comment by radiochandra Laughing

#711 thenRal vandhu ennaiththodum (SJ-KJY duet, thenRalE ennaiththodu)
Another very popular number that needs no intro, a big personal favorite!

More to come from this year Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next