Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done)

+3
mythila
Usha
app_engine
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done) - Page 3 Empty Re: All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done)

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 pm

BC wrote:
Idhu eppo confused ?   Ennappaa ippadi panreengalepaa? Embarassed   Since I could not locate your post / video, I'm posting a link to the Youtube video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYj3EzQj5DU    Where is the Jency version?

This is my original post on the song, in this thread:
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t254-all-31-songs-that-jency-has-sung-for-ir-30-31-niram-maradha-pookkal-short-songs-all-songs-done-#21587

I cannot easily locate the twitter thread but @vrsaran had been telling others about him having a Jency version audio copy in that thread. Well, I don't have it but will have to abide by two things:

a) vinyl cover
b) Anbu sir's spreadsheet

app_engine

Back to top Go down

All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done) - Page 3 Empty Re: All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done)

Post  BC Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Yes, I just had a look at your post.  But seriously, it did not sound like Jency to me.  To quote Usha "indha padathil... ovooru singer kum oru paatu iruku. adhanal.. Jency ku 2 chance ilai."  

Same kind of confusion pops with the song "Ilam pani thuli vizhum neram".  Original record says Radhika, but some sites quote Jency. confused

Last edited by BC on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 pm

BC wrote:
Same kind of confusion pops with the song "Ilam pani thuli vizhum neram".  Original record says Radhika, but some sites quote Jency. confused

There is no confusion with that "iLampaniththuLi vizhum" song - it is the problem of those stupid websites. The singer is very clearly not Jency neither does the audio credits say that way. (Actually one of our fellow forumers, plum, had seen the singer Radhika herself in the wedding of a relative).

So, we cannot equate such wikipedia-style-foolish-misses-often-found-on-web with this "oru iniya manadhu by Jency" thingy.

This is a clear case of having her name on audio sleeve.

Also, with this song, none of us are claiming the Sujatha version to be Jency's Smile

Every one of us TOTALLY and COMPLETELY agree that there is a Sujatha version. (I have the movie DVD with me and can vouch for the fact that the one used in the movie is by Sujatha - and I have absolutely no confusion differentiating these two voices myself). So, we are not taking the credit away from Sujatha to award it to Jency. No way!

The question is whether there had been two versions or not. For now, I go with the "two versions" theory.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:15 pm

BTW, I was really surprised to find out sometime back that there was a Jency version of the celebrated "azhagiya kaNNE" song (running as BGM in the uthirippookkaL movie, link posted by UshakkA in the previous page. I didn't notice it when I watched the movie on youtube few years back).

So, if the IR-Mahendran combo decided to have even "azhagiya kaNNE" in Jency's voice (besides having her sing pretty regularly for Mahendran movies - starting with adi peNNE of muLLum malarum), I won't be surprised if they recorded two versions of 'oru iniya manadhu' - one with Sujatha and another with Jency.

Unlike Sujatha, Jency was pretty much an "all-IR" kind of singer those days.
(Besides a couple of unknown songs for IR's brother, the only song she sang for "outside MD" was "paniyum nAnE" in S-G music in her entire TFM career, phase 1. I believe her phase 2 was with a song for Srikanth Deva, many decades later).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 pm

This cannot be counted as its not a song. But still, worth mentioning here. I am referring to the sweet melody line which runs through the length and breadth of "kizhakkE pOgum rayil", as Jency's humming. What a haunting piece!!!

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:15 pm

mythila wrote:This cannot be counted as its not a song. But still, worth mentioning here. I am referring to the sweet melody line which runs through the length and breadth of "kizhakkE pOgum rayil", as Jency's humming. What a haunting piece!!!

Mythila,
   Nyabagam seidhadharuku Nanri........ Soulful humming... kizhake pogum rayil.. title score.. padathai partha andha usha
nyabagathuku vandhal. enga village theatreil..  title score... acharyam.... Ilaiyaraja.. sollum Anmavin isai idhu ....... isaiyil.. nam rasanaiyai
uyarthiya isai.........
padathil adikadi varum humming.. Jency... konjam paatukal padiyadhal.. avarin humming.. idhum special dhan........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57OqN-9BTnk

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Usha wrote:
padathil adikadi varum humming.. Jency... konjam paatukal padiyadhal.. avarin humming.. idhum special dhan........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57OqN-9BTnk

Superb title score, with Jency humming!

Portions of it reminded me of the second interlude of "iLamanadhu pala kanavu" (of Selvi) where there's a female chorus humming that's somewhat similar.

Of course, #IR_Waltz Smile

BTW, the titles show that K Backiaraj has written song(s) in this film, besides being the "udhavi" for dialogs. I'm wondering what song(s) had he penned...

All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done) - Page 3 Captur18

Checked Anbu sir's spreadsheet, which lists as below :

kOvil maNi Osai thannai - Kannadasan
malargaLE nAdhaswarangaL - Sirpi (unfortunately, not only this song got left out in the movie but even the name of the lyricist is not shown)
mAnjOlaikkiLi thAnO - Muthulingam
poovarasampoo pooththAchchu - Gangai Amaran

It puts a "???" for lyricists for the following songs:
ellArukkum ellAmum (neeyum nAnum)
EdhO pAttu EdhO rAgam (that beautiful IR pathos in misra nadai)

It's possible KBR wrote both or one of these two. I wonder which one(s)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Usha akka, thanks a lot for sharing the KizhakkE pOgum rayil title music with Jency's humming Smile

mythila

Back to top Go down

All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done) - Page 3 Empty Question - Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu

Post  karthicc Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:41 pm

I noticed Jency was given credits in the Movie Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu.  Any idea what song that would be?  Chorus in Orambo?

All 31 songs that Jency has sung for IR - #30 & #31 niRam mARAdha pookkaL short songs (all songs done) - Page 3 Screen10

karthicc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3