Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  Drunkenmunk on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:41 pm

^
Smile

Only audio, much better audio. Idhar aavo


Drunkenmunk

Posts : 1230
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-05-01
Age : 28
Location : Chennai

View user profile http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  V_S on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Brilliant and heart-felt write-up App ji on Kaadhal Maharaani! cheers the clap Phenomenal composition and effortless and graceful singing by SPB and S Janaki.

_________________
Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth - Pablo Picasso

V_S

Posts : 1804
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  app_engine on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:45 pm

nanRi DM, for the youtube with better audio (and without video Laughing )!

Is your upload featuring "dolby" stuff?

nanRi V_Sji for the kind words!

app_engine

Posts : 6891
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  jaiganesh on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Dhooraththuppachai full album.Thanks Munk - fantastic all around.
trippy stuff..
Nee thodum boadhu is a surprise too!!

jaiganesh

Posts : 649
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  kiru on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:47 pm

Was watching the super singer junior recording yesterday. Sirisha sang naane naana from azhagE unnai aarathikkiREn. I noticed the orchestration style is not typical IR, promptly Mano mentioned the same. Will knowledgeable forummers highlight why Mano said so -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-MIjpxiWE
BTW, Vani Jayaram was on the show, is she on good terms with IR ? :-) She mentioned more than once MSV is great( of course)  but never said anything positive about IR.

kiru

Posts : 505
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  kiru on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Was listening to this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymYz5DeCFls  on the commute ..what a languid, relaxing melody. Drum-less pallavi, with ratcheting starting the interludes. And Very good lyrics - பேரின்பம் மெய்யிலா நீ தீண்டும் கையிலா  - vaali ?

kiru

Posts : 505
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  app_engine on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:03 pm

kiru wrote:பேரின்பம் மெய்யிலா நீ தீண்டும் கையிலா  - vaali ?

புலமைப்பித்தன், kiru sir Smile

app_engine

Posts : 6891
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  kiru on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:49 pm

app_engine wrote:
kiru wrote:பேரின்பம் மெய்யிலா நீ தீண்டும் கையிலா  - vaali ?

புலமைப்பித்தன், kiru sir Smile

Of course, thanks app, he is the last of the masters !!!

kiru

Posts : 505
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  Raaga_Suresh on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:05 am

kiru wrote:Was watching the super singer junior recording yesterday. Sirisha sang naane naana from azhagE unnai aarathikkiREn. I noticed the orchestration style is not typical IR, promptly Mano mentioned the same. Will knowledgeable forummers highlight why Mano said so -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-MIjpxiWE
BTW, Vani Jayaram was on the show, is she on good terms with IR ? :-) She mentioned more than once MSV is great( of course)  but never said anything positive about IR.
Kiru,

A couple of years back SPB mentioned the same about 'Naane Naanaa'. He said that Raja had done the music in North Indian style. The flow, according to SPB. was more like Hindi film music.

Vani Jayaram may not have any issues with Raja (atleast I don't know of any). She would ofcourse be partial to MSV given that he gave her some lovely numbers and was responsible for promoting her in TFM and TeFM. As she was peaking Raja came in and brought Janaki along and suddenly Vani vanished. So she may not be too enamored with Raja Smile

An observation I have is that none of the female legends gush over Raja, though they are not anti-Raja. LRE did not work with him so you cannot expect her to say anything. Vani Jayaram and P Susheela were sort of hurt by Raja + Janaki entry so they are quite guarded in their appreciation of Raja. 

Janaki on the other hand doesn't like anyone thinking that he fame is due to Raja. In an interview for a Malayalam channel when M.Jayachandran, the music director, was telling how great her work with Raja was, Janaki interjected and said, "All music directors were great", leaving M.Jayachandran a bit confused Smile She has worked hard and seen lot of prejudice against her voice from music directors and others. In one interview she has mentioned how Savithri would insist that only Susheela sing for her and not Janaki. She worked hard against all the prejudice and delivered stunners with lot of music directors before Raja came to the scene. She is a very self confident lady who understands that she has come up by dint of hard work. So it quite natural that she thinks her career is not just Raja (and it true as well). You will not find her gushing about Raja.

It is a different matter from Chitra onwards Smile

Raaga_Suresh

Posts : 390
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  kamalaakarsh on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 am

Raaga_Suresh wrote:
kiru wrote:Was watching the super singer junior recording yesterday. Sirisha sang naane naana from azhagE unnai aarathikkiREn. I noticed the orchestration style is not typical IR, promptly Mano mentioned the same. Will knowledgeable forummers highlight why Mano said so -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-MIjpxiWE
BTW, Vani Jayaram was on the show, is she on good terms with IR ? :-) She mentioned more than once MSV is great( of course)  but never said anything positive about IR.
Kiru,

A couple of years back SPB mentioned the same about 'Naane Naanaa'. He said that Raja had done the music in North Indian style. The flow, according to SPB. was more like Hindi film music.


I have neither seen the video posted here not heard about SPB's opinion. But when I heard Naane Naana first, probably in 2002 I think, I thought the song carried lot of R.D.Burman flavour. The way that trumpet breaks from a pause of silence, the rhythms and generally the melody in the charanams. I felt it so RD-ish and was surprised because that was one of the few songs (or probably the first) where I felt so much RD in a Raaja song.

Hearing about this 'North Indian style' opinion by SPB is interesting now.

kamalaakarsh

Posts : 204
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-10-24
Location : Hyderabad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  Usha on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:53 pm

Naane naana.. 2nd stanza..  mudiyum sila seconds........ Ennodu ennanavo ragasiyam. paatin sayal irukum........

Shamitabh.. Pidly song....... adhuvum.. 70s Hindi song madhiri than enaku thonum.........

Usha

Posts : 1086
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  mythila on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:13 pm

kiru wrote:Was watching the super singer junior recording yesterday. Sirisha sang naane naana from azhagE unnai aarathikkiREn. I noticed the orchestration style is not typical IR, promptly Mano mentioned the same. Will knowledgeable forummers highlight why Mano said so -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R-MIjpxiWE
BTW, Vani Jayaram was on the show, is she on good terms with IR ? :-) She mentioned more than once MSV is great( of course)  but never said anything positive about IR.

Reminds me of a funny incident shared by my college senior Giridharan involving IR and Vani. [ Giri, btw was one of the ghost composers for K.Bhagyaraj from his "idhu namma ALu" till "sundarakAndam". He recently relinquished his flourishing IT career and got into full time music composing for devotional albums like "AN]Amalai", ..].
It seems when Vani was recording for "kavidhai kELungaL" from "punnagai mannan" ,  that perfectionist "teacherammA" in her  insisted IR for several retakes. It was past IR's lunch hour already and when Vani requested for one more retake, IR summoned his assistant inside and said he was leaving as he was extremely hungry and he had already finished Vani's recording!!! However, he asked the assistant to permit her to sing as many times as she wishes and left. Smile)

mythila

Posts : 180
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  kiru on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:02 am

@Suresh and Kamal - with some prompting from you all, I see the 'hindi flavor' now. I remember the song very well, as when it was released my cousin sister was upset with her would be husband hooked on to this song :-) - she to my mom - enna chinnamma, evaLo alcohol saappittutu paadaralaam athai kEttukittu irukkar" !!! :-) I knew it was IR even then, but for a moment I did a double take when I heard the first few lines !!
Very strange, these lady singers would be so indifferent. Sure Janaki was great..but a whole generation or two will remember her only with IR. 
@mythila - 'teacharamma' is how I felt about Vani ..must be a very technical singer. All her songs for IR are gems in my book and I love them and love her voice too. Re: Susheela and Janaki - my personal favorite is still Susheela (later Chitra). I have this on-going argument with my wife about Janaki-Chitra. My wife insists Chitra is not versatile like Janaki. Probably right. But these things are very personal and my preference stays. 
(BTW, I heard Karthik and James Vasanthan argue/wax eloquent over some technical things in a IR song. I think the new breed of singers seem to be well-versed in WCM than older generation(?))

kiru

Posts : 505
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  ravinat on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:27 pm

kiru wrote:@Suresh and Kamal - with some prompting from you all, I see the 'hindi flavor' now. I remember the song very well, as when it was released my cousin sister was upset with her would be husband hooked on to this song :-) - she to my mom - enna chinnamma, evaLo alcohol saappittutu paadaralaam athai kEttukittu irukkar" !!! :-) I knew it was IR even then, but for a moment I did a double take when I heard the first few lines !!
Very strange, these lady singers would be so indifferent. Sure Janaki was great..but a whole generation or two will remember her only with IR. 
@mythila - 'teacharamma' is how I felt about Vani ..must be a very technical singer. All her songs for IR are gems in my book and I love them and love her voice too. Re: Susheela and Janaki - my personal favorite is still Susheela (later Chitra). I have this on-going argument with my wife about Janaki-Chitra. My wife insists Chitra is not versatile like Janaki. Probably right. But these things are very personal and my preference stays. 
(BTW, I heard Karthik and James Vasanthan argue/wax eloquent over some technical things in a IR song. I think the new breed of singers seem to be well-versed in WCM than older generation(?))

Mythilla - that was hilarious Very Happy

I agree with Aakarsh about the orchestration of Naane Naana. SPB tries to be politically correct. If I remember correctly, he mentioned 'Bombay style'. The way the conga drums are played, give away the RD style. I consider RD's Ijaazat as equally inspired by IR's style as well. In the same film, the song 'Azhage Unnai Aradhanai Seigiraen' by Jayachandran reminds me of Khayyam's style. Listen to Khabi Khabi and this song in a sequence and you can see that the tunes are totally different, but there is a striking similarity in the orchestration!

Tell me if I am smoking something as I am from Canada and our physicists are saying that the big bang never existed Smile

ravinat

Posts : 464
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-05-14
Location : Canada

View user profile http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  MH on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Jeeva Hoovagide ( I love you ) - Dr. Rajkumar: http://youtu.be/0fiHqHyva5Q

Not able to come out this beautiful song.. Dint know Rajkumar could sing so well.. Wonder how many gems like this are missed because it was not for tamil movie or it was used and I am not aware...
Anyhow Great recent find for me..

MH

Posts : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  jaiganesh on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Dr.Raj can sing is an understatement.
Listen to this..

jaiganesh

Posts : 649
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  ravinat on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 pm

An interesting tit bit comes to my mind when I saw these posts on Rajkumar. Do you know who identified the singing talent of Muthuraj (Rajkumar)? It was Raja when he was an assistant of GKV. This is there in his biography. Rajkumar always sang for Raja because he was the musician who identified his talent.

ravinat

Posts : 464
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-05-14
Location : Canada

View user profile http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  jaiganesh on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:14 am

our CRV has written this superb post on Dr.Raj and Raaja.
http://maestromagic.blogspot.com/2006/04/13-dr-rajkumar-ilaiyaraaja-combination.html

jaiganesh

Posts : 649
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  MH on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Good to know about Raj's singing talent .. Pakka classical Thanks for sharing the videos and references...

MH

Posts : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  Raaga_Suresh on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Since topic is of Rajkumar and Raja let me plug my blog Smile

http://sureshs65music.blogspot.in/2010/11/one-song-at-time-24-naadamaya-e.html?q=rajkumar

/Digression

Ravi,

Which Canadian scientists have been saying there is no Big Bang? Any links?

/End Digresssion

Raaga_Suresh

Posts : 390
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  ravinat on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:Since topic is of Rajkumar and Raja let me plug my blog Smile

http://sureshs65music.blogspot.in/2010/11/one-song-at-time-24-naadamaya-e.html?q=rajkumar

/Digression

Ravi,

Which Canadian scientists have been saying there is no Big Bang? Any links?

/End Digresssion

Nothing music related, answering Suresh's query:

http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

Serious stuff - not a Canadian media joke. This is published in Physical Review...

ravinat

Posts : 464
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-05-14
Location : Canada

View user profile http://geniusraja.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  jaiganesh on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:29 am

என்னடா இது அநியாயம். இந்த பிக் பாங்க வெச்சு அநியாயத்துக்கு நான் கதை அளந்திருக்கேன். சிவ பெருமானின் உடுக்கையை பிக் பாங்கோட சேத்து வெச்சு எவ்வளவு பிட்டு போட்ருப்பம். எல்லாமே வீணா? ஐய்யகோ!!

jaiganesh

Posts : 649
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  MH on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Raaga_Suresh wrote:
A couple of years back SPB mentioned the same about 'Naane Naanaa'. He said that Raja had done the music in North Indian style. The flow, according to SPB. was more like Hindi film music.


An observation I have is that none of the female legends gush over Raja, though they are not anti-Raja. LRE did not work with him so you cannot expect her to say anything. Vani Jayaram and P Susheela were sort of hurt by Raja + Janaki entry so they are quite guarded in their appreciation of Raja. 

I have observed that Susheela mostly sang in Gangai Amar directed movies. Close observers of 80s can correct me if wrong.. Like raasathi manasule, vaasalile poosani poo..

Raaja always appreciates Ji's of Mumbai and our Amma's don't like it so much I guess.. Wink

MH

Posts : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  app_engine on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:54 am

Easwar wrote:
I have observed that Susheela mostly sang in Gangai Amar directed movies. Close observers of 80s can correct me if wrong.. Like raasathi manasule,  vaasalile poosani poo..  

Raaja always appreciates  Ji's of Mumbai and our Amma's don't like it so much I guess.. Wink

Sorry sir, both the songs you've quoted are incorrect examples Smile

rAsAththi manasula - not from GA movie (Bose directed that movie)
vAsalilE poosaNippoo - not PS (SJ)

Smile

app_engine

Posts : 6891
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2012-10-23
Location : MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  MH on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am

app_engine wrote:
Easwar wrote:
I have observed that Susheela mostly sang in Gangai Amar directed movies. Close observers of 80s can correct me if wrong.. Like raasathi manasule,  vaasalile poosani poo..  

Raaja always appreciates  Ji's of Mumbai and our Amma's don't like it so much I guess.. Wink

Sorry sir, both the songs you've quoted are incorrect examples Smile

rAsAththi manasula - not from GA movie (Bose directed that movie)
vAsalilE poosaNippoo - not PS (SJ)

Smile
Bad memory, sorry. May be it is like Susheela has sung mostly for Ramarajan 's heroines, at least from songs I have heard. And All songs are gem.. Like aasayila paathi katti.. Oru eerpu iruku in the songs she had sung for Raaja

MH

Posts : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum