Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  app_engine on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:02 pm

I've been reading thirukkuRaL #999 today and was trying to understand.

The basic thought in it goes like, "If someone isn't nice to others and thus lacking friends, he will feel dark even in broad daylight" - indicating the gloominess / darkness in life in general for unfriendly people.

Due to my strong brain-wiring to TFM, the phrase "பகலும் பாற்பட்டன்று இருள்" called to memory that movie title "பகலில் ஒரு இரவு" rotfl

That way, instead of writing my brief commentary on that thirukkuRaL, I'm listening to one of the sweetest evergreen albums of IR Wink

http://mio.to/album/Pagalil+Oru+Iravu+%281979%29

Not many songs can come close to 'iLamai enum poongAtRu' in evergreen appeal!

What brilliance IR!
(and kavingar too excellent)

BTW, please don't ask me any connection to this movie / song & that thirukkuRaL Laughing
(This song is A rated - a boy takes advantage of an innocent girl in broad daylight in a jungle as if it were night - molesting her - director IV Sasi has Sridevi as victim for this movie ; the title may also mean symbolically the mental sickness that the girl suffers due to the "treatment" for her unwanted pregnancy)

app_engine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:56 pm

mandhara poo mooli..... (thanks to vel.)

shwetha........ beautiful singing........  Meera jasmin.. ivarae paduvadhu pola oru effect irukum.. ivar padiyadhil...

2007 .. malaiyala kalyani....... sooooooo sweet.......... toooooo much softness..... ennum enna vendum.......... paatai rasika....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJasMIqKPIQ

Usha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Listened to all the songs of iLamaikkOlam after a long time thanks to #MaestroApp hosting it today as AOTD!

Of course all the songs are favorites right from the time of its arrival, thanks to radio! It was one among the albums that pushed the likes of me to pay more attention to the interludes in songs (sometimes more than the main melody or the vocal portions even)!

IR must have had special love for this movie as he did a lot of work on EACH AND EVERY interlude of all the four songs!

Very special album! (Of course, the melodies and other background arrangements are superb as well - but the interludes are the cream here IMHO!)

One can listen to the album on music india online site here (sumAr audio quality):
http://mio.to/album/Ilamai+Kolam+%281980%29+-+Tamil

app_engine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum