Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

+31
panniapurathar
IsaiRasigan
pmanokaran
BC
al_gates
raagakann
rajkumarc
Sakalakala Vallavar
raja4ever
Wizzy
Raghunaga
vicks
sagi
plum
MH
ravinat
jaiganesh
Raaga_Suresh
sheepChase
mythila
counterpoint
writeface
fring151
rajaclan
V_S
app_engine
Drunkenmunk
kamalaakarsh
kiru
crimson king
Usha
35 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Though this is a "beaten-to-death" topic, need to refresh the following points about "music listening milieu", before sharing my thoughts on 'pAsamuLLa pANdiyaru' (song from captain prabhAkaran) :

1. Not all songs can be enjoyed in "all kinds of settings". Social settings could impact how one receives a song for the first time. (One could get embarrassed in a "family get together" setting to listen to 'ponmEni urugudhEy' for the first time in life. Embarassed However extraordinary the composition may be, the appreciation may not happen and could leave one biased against it forever).

2. Besides social setting, an individual's mood also could impact how one receives a particular song for the first time. That way, if one had a hard day and was trying to get someone to shout at / beat / kill, even iLaya nilA may not be accepted kindly Wink Then there are other influences, such as alcohol / sickness / life events etc Wink 

3. Quality of source (e.g. echo cassette v/s echo vinyl disc) as well as the quality of the system that plays (noisy radio, loud bus player v/s class system on a high end car) could have a major impact on how one song is received for the first time. (If one had a liking already, this may not matter but initial call is crucial)

4. Prejudice / expectations - both of these could impact how a new audio is looked at, upon arrival. (abbAyithO v/s rudhramAdEvi)

5. Language / horrible lyrics / singers could spoil the show and make one not pay attention to lovely nuances in music, thus discarding the song. (I know of a number of close friends who love IR's TFM but cannot enjoy HTNI / NBW / other language stuff, simply because they want something they can personally sing along)

6. Visuals that accompany (if hearing the song for the first time in theater or youtube) could have a say on how the song is received. (This could work both ways, gems could be discarded and kuppais praised AhA-OhO)

There could be many other factors but these must be the major ones IMHO.

Now, this particular song, pAsamuLLa pANdiyaru is a peculiar case of NOT FITTING INTO such definitions above - which is why I need to have the above recap, to write my next post.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Continuing on the "first listen" thingy, I don't even remember when I first heard this 'pAsamuLLa pANdiyaru' song (KSC-Mano-chorus from the famous Captain Prabhakaran movie of 1991). 

While I knew the much more famous song 'AttamA thErOttamA' right from the time of the movie and always liked it (what a lot of rhythm play there - it's an IR-special territory), I never associated this song with Vijayakanth's 100th movie. Only in recent years I came to know that the movie had only two songs and 'pAsamuLLa pANdiyaru' is the second one.

Possibly when I watched the movie on the net in recent years (of course, for the first time), I noticed this song being part of it. Nothing special about the visuals and I possibly FF-ed it and didn't pay any attention. However, that was definitely not the first time I heard the song.

I've heard this song involuntarily a number of times whenever I visited TN in the 90's (on buses / loudspeakers etc ) but never paid close attention or even considered it as an IR song Embarassed Must be because of the music systems that played that failed to highlight the special ingredients. That way, this song was never in my special list (means, consider it as an IR-special / hunt it to get the cassette or record it / listen in repeat mode etc). Well, there are 1000's of songs like that anyways (both IR and non-IR).

Now, a few weeks back, this song came in raajafm.com. Obviously, I didn't know it was this song when the prelude started, being unfamiliar. That country drum beats (thakita-thakita) combined with strong bass-guitar punches made my body shake in the car. I started shaking my body and legs, dancing while driving, non-stop until the song ended Laughing  And I did wonder "how did I miss this song all these days" and was considering that this got to be the "most racy song" of IR Smile

The natural next step followed - hunting for the song on youtube and when watching / listening to it, all my opinion that morning about the song got quickly vanished Embarassed Embarassed

May be this was the link or another - it simply didn't have the punch or pulsating stuff that I experienced in the car that AM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB4myIKz3rI

Add to that the thiruvizhA style dance and I thought "may be I overrated it this morning - one of those 100's of such numbers IR had done in his career" and closed the case.

Yesterday morning, the song came on raajafm again. Interestingly, this time I kind of identified the song when the 'thakita-thakita' started and wasn't too eager to be "charmed".

However, the song simply pulled me in and MADE ME DANCE & DRIVE again! Not just that, I started appreciating the chorus backing / the fantastic ending of saraNam with that 'ara rara rara' terrific thingy! Once again I thought, this must be among the top racy numbers of IR's career Laughing

Well, as soon as I reached my desk, carefully looked for #IR_Official_YT this time, thus avoiding visuals / bad-quality audio and such negatives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vitTZLeCTSU
(second song in the list)

Unfortunately, this time also, it didn't spark the "car-like" response in me Embarassed Embarassed No doubt I enjoy the saraNam's terrific ending and leading to pallavi, the raciness and such specials but it didn't get those "extra-special shivering" in me.

What could be the reason? 

Is this song to be heard only inside car to get the "effect"? 

What kind of design is this? 

(Interesting to see the 'pAvalar' reference in the pallavi, as a rhyme to pANdiyar. Of course, the lyricist is Amar Singh)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:53 am

Further clarification : It's a fact that most songs are enjoyed best inside automobile.

However, if I say the pleasure inside car is 10 score for a song, it won't drop lower than 8 or so outside. (Those extra special IR numbers I mean).

OTOH, the pAsamuLLa pANdiyaru drops from 10 in car to 5 outside Shocked

Which is why my post above Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

app,
  Nice explanation for Raja's song.....  ungala madhirii solla theiryadhu.. anal idhai nanum veru sila paatuku fell panni iruken. ....  adikadi kaeta paatukum 
indha FEELINGS varum......  

ennoda feelings.. Raja's songs...  science madhiri dhan...  Radiation madhiri dhan...... andha frequencyil naam irukum podhu.. adhai
arumaiyaga unara mudiyum....... 

Car sterio or youtube... idhanal ellam illai paatin quality.  enaku oppsite feelings.. ingae  youtube il kaeta paatu.. car il kaeta podhu
athanai arumaiyaga ilai.....  

so.. audio quality.. sila paatu. Car sterio ku arumaiyaga irukum.. Sila paatu.. youtube il nanraga irukum......... 

rare song...... adhigam kaetadhu ilai. thanks for the pick app...........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Interesting to see a private recording (and not really official IR recording) being placed on #IR_Official_YT channel:
(A foreigner singing the kaNda chApu 5 beat cycle number in Seattle Tamil Sangam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVHJmmeAc4

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:00 pm

^endru thaniyum entha foreign'er mogum  Smile

brilliant song, imagine Raaja performing this song in a concert, it will draw so many blank faces  Very Happy
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:35 am

I love that song Wizzy ..one of those synth hits ..  cool baasandhi on a hot summer evening.. gentle strings like a touch of elaichi..  Look at all those intricacies in the rhythm even though all of them are from a pad.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:42 pm

kiru wrote:I love that song Wizzy ..one of those synth hits ..  cool baasandhi on a hot summer evening.. gentle strings like a touch of elaichi..  Look at all those intricacies in the rhythm even though all of them are from a pad.

add those flute pieces too, as they are so delightful as roasted cashews strewn all over the basandhi Smile
BTW, my fav is the Raja ONLY version . It has some "inam puriyAdha" mysterious aura about it.

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:56 am

mythila wrote:
kiru wrote:I love that song Wizzy ..one of those synth hits ..  cool baasandhi on a hot summer evening.. gentle strings like a touch of elaichi..  Look at all those intricacies in the rhythm even though all of them are from a pad.

add those flute pieces too, as they are so delightful as roasted cashews strewn all over the basandhi Smile
BTW, my fav is the Raja ONLY version . It has some "inam puriyAdha" mysterious aura about it.

+1 Mythila..

indha paatuku naan romba romba romba kiruku. repeated mode dhan............

IR songs.. rendu version........ same sound..anal.. instrumentation veraiya irukum....... epavum enaku idhu romba  acharyam............ IR's madhyamavathi
endru ninaikiren...... romba romba azhagu............

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:41 pm

entha paatu'ku evlo fans'a  :iyamveryhappy:

always dig his minimalist synths from late 90s/00s, 
these never get any radio/tv time or get covered by bands.
may be we can start a thread on them to get some traction.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:04 am

Wizzy wrote:entha paatu'ku evlo fans'a  :iyamveryhappy:

always dig his minimalist synths from late 90s/00s, 
these never get any radio/tv time or get covered by bands.
may be we can start a thread on them to get some traction.

We listen to Raja for his ICM innovations, we listen to him for his WCM grandeur, we listen to him for his fusion of ICM+WCM and some listen to him for the 'man vaasanai' in his compositions Yet there is one aspect which appeals to the emotional side of the listening - from a black-and-white/gray scale era in emotions (sad, loss, happy etc) he moved us to the color/high-bit color era in emotions. Probably an off-shoot of his own sensitivity and personality. We get songs in the whole spectrum /gradation of emotions from Raja. When he says, "thEnaa Odum..." you kind of get the feeling of someone singing who knows or tasted honey flowing like river :-) Such is the insight Raja brings to the human emotional front. Not very often we see musicians who are creative, well-versed in theory and fundamentals, as well as be a controlled bundle of emotions, and just express it in the composition (and some times with words on stage :-) ).

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:23 pm

oru paatu ilai. oru List.... from Suresh. Nie listings....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSv5Q60S5dwS9TT8JIL5IhNPJJoTisM2g

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 pm

In the #IR_Waltz thread I've recently posted about a MP3 collection from Missisauga (seer koNdu vA, supposedly all IR-SPB-SJ songs).

As mentioned in that post, it had some "exceptions" (i.e. songs that are not SPB) and one exception song, mullai arumbE is this morning drive's repeat song Smile

I don't remember this song being talked about a lot (neither in those days when IR flooded us with almost a couple of hit albums each month or in the current net erA)

Well, it is addictive today Smile Especially the ending of prelude (to start the pallavi) and likewise the ending of interlude (to start saraNam) are terrific "rhythm nodes"!

There seems to be no video on youtube (possibly the song was never included in the movie but was only on disk).

For just this song, use this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_KSEXrU8p0

For the whole album (with other amazing songs as sandhanakkAtRE, rAsAvE onna nAn eNNiththAn), please go to #IR_Official_YT link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZrjPnl54U

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Good collection, makkaLE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtum5sRlBz4&list=PLZN495CCmv6gpJuZf4yUdIw1lYdr95MVk

Call those fellows who say IR had only 100-200 hits, just this random collection by an enthusiast has > 500 in Thamizh alone (almost all super hit numbers)...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Never thought I'll be running this song on repeat in the car someday!

Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed

Well, I've not heard this song when it originally came out. I was familiar with two other songs from this OVOV album, those extremely popular "sorgamE enRAlum" and "thAnA vandha sandhanamE".

Later, when we were compiling the "IR 1000 stars" on tfmpage, one of my early listing exercises on the web (which was supposed to be 1000 "clean and good" TFM songs of IR, crowd sourced in a thread and not supposed to include songs like pon mEni / nilA kAyudhu and such), someone had this as a candidate. 

That was the first time I knew that such a song existed - but didn't have an opportunity to hear then. It possibly got included in the list (don't remember now, I may not even have that spreadsheet anymore).

Years later, when I was running the IR-SPB thread on the hub, posting one hit song each day, for the first time I think I listened to this song briefly on thiraippAdal.com.  The first line being a big-turn-off, never paid a detailed listen and discarded quickly. Needless to say it was not included in the thread.

Once again years passed by and raajafm.com played this song a few times. The first line turned me off again and it didn't get my attention.

Finally, that Missisauga CD (50 songs and mosty SPB-SJ) - with a terrific sound quality for this song, highlighting the fantastic drum work in the prelude, forced me to pay attention Embarassed

That "ikku chaiya ikku chaiya ikku chaiyA" is still a major irritant to me (lyricist / movie director GA). However, I'm able to play deaf to that hurdle and enjoy the otherwise nice things in the song - even REPEATING it in the car this morning Smile

Funnily, I didn't know the name of the movie when listening to it in the car. 

I was trying to figure out the time frame, based on the "sounds".

My mind was going like:

- drum work points to the time period of MDM (iLavattam) / paNakkAran (iraNdu onROdu) / indhiran chandhiran (kAdhal rAgamum) / MMKR (rum bum bum)

- perhaps from 1990 or around that time period

Well, wiki says this movie OVOV is from 1990 only, collar lift ("what a precision") Laughing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ooru_Vittu_Ooru_Vanthu

Yes, the drum work is the major highlight - plus, IR plays around in the interludes superbly. (He even gets the "rum bum bum" kind of arrangement for the second interlude, rock-n-rolling). 

Also special is the bass. May be synth but catchy / enjoyable nevertheless.

If we ignore the pAdal varigaL, SPB-SJ sing in a thoroughly enjoyable and smooth way. Focus on the second line of the saraNam where a minor variation (sangathi) from the first line sweetly changes the melody and beautifully contributes to the flow. There is a surprise element in the penultimate line of the saraNam - a small extension - that leads to a somewhat sudden but apt concluding line! Some rAsa leelai there Smile

Except for the special drum sound, nothing interesting in the prelude. I was thinking "what are these sodhappal sounds in the prelude". 

As usual, rAsA can read our minds and brings it to an abrupt end with an enjoyable twist, to quick-start the pallavi Laughing What a terrific mind reader, this fellow!

Enjoy the song in reasonable quality in this "audio-only" youtube (mine on car is much better):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RogPsS2NFoA

In spite of Gautami, the video is horrible - you may choose to not watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wSAmy3VtG0

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Amit Trivedi remix got million plus views already in youtube :
(பழங்காலத்து ராசா ஹிட்)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:33 am

Gundello godari........

What a song.........  sandhoshamana anal Majestic .. Innocent Majestic.... interludes ellam anmavai thodum........... thottu kondae irukum......

Real Beauty........... IR voiceum miga nanraga irukiradhu.....

(Ravi Nat gavanika vendiya paatu idhu. My feelings..)

indha linkil  Audio Quality is toooooooo Good....

Gundello  Godaari

https://www.chirbit.com/Raj4376/2

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Reference to the "oLi tharum sooriyan" song in ravinat sir's "connection between decades" thread led me to do something foolish Embarassed

That of searching out the other song from that album on youtube - "booze irukkudhu" Laughing

"அடப்பாவிகளா" style video Laughing 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdvNoppgrcE

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Youtube then played a song that is quite suited to current events Laughing

The IR fun song "அச்சடிச்ச காச" Laughing

From the same "vAlmeeki" album (I think ananda vikatan mag was the producer for this movie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfSFiPXy_sU

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Perhaps this song showed millennials that it's child's play for IR to compose "sounding like current MDs", of course with a superior melody and maintaining interest thru out:

கூட வருவியா (from the same vAlmeeki album)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1NHOo-zCQ

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 pm

The vAlmeeki album also had a Shreya G song, nice overall and sweet singing as always ; however, the orch is typical synth stuff of new millennium, not as interesting as in the case of other songs of that album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdvayqFUV9c

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:43 am

"இரவில் கேட்க இனிய இளையராஜா பாடல்கள்" it seems Smile

All are video songs (for 4+ hours of IR hits that are supposedly nice to hear at night Laughing )

Well, the youtube got hosted a few weeks back and has already close to a million hits...

I can't understand how people can "dislike" such a collection Shocked 
(There are more than 800 such retards, hope they do it for the videos Laughing )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPH9D6eEnHA

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:54 am

They've done another (and it got uploaded today it seems):
அதிகாலையில் கேட்க

rotfl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeq8KCfZRMM

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Playing 'vAn mEgangaLE' and 'thamthana namdhana thALam varum'
(only in mind, not literally on audio Laughing )
after reading the following article:
http://cinema.maalaimalar.com/Cinema/CineHistory/2016/12/17220428/1056760/cinima-historyilayaraja.vpf

பாரதிராஜா "புதிய வார்ப்புகள்'' என்று ஒரு படத்துக்கு பெயர் சூட்டினார். நான், பாரதி எல்லாம் ஜெயகாந்தனின் ரசிகர்கள் என்பதால் அவரது ஒரு கதைத் தலைப்பை இந்த படத்துக்கு வைத்து, படத்தின் கடைசி பிரேமில் தலைப்பிற்கு ஒரு அழுத்தம் கொடுக்கும் வகையில் கதையை உருவாக்கிருந்தார்.

இந்தப் படத்தின் கம்போசிங் பிரசிடெண்ட் ஓட்டலில் நடந்தது. ஒரே மூச்சில் படத்தை முடிக்கத் திட்டமிட்டிருப்பதாகவும், பாடல்கள் எல்லாவற்றையும் முதலிலேயே பதிவு செய்து எடுத்துப்போனால்தான் அது சாத்தியம் என்றும் பாரதி சொன்னார்.

முதலில் பூஜைக்கு ஒரு பாடலை மட்டும் ரெக்கார்டு செய்வதற்காக இரவு பின்னணி இசை வேலை முடிந்து 9 மணிக்கு "ட்ïன்'' கம்போஸ் செய்தேன். கவியரசர் வந்து பாடலை எழுதிக்கொடுத்துவிட்டுப் போய்விட்டார். 10 1/2 மணிக்கு வீட்டுக்குப் போய்விட்டேன்.

அப்போது பாரதியிடம் இருந்து போன் வந்தது. "இந்தப் பாட்டை நாளைக்கு பதிவு செய்யவேண்டாம். ஒரு நல்ல டூயட் பாட்டுக்கு டிïன் போட்டு, அதை பதிவு செய்தால் நல்லாயிருக்கும்னு நினைக்கிறேன்'' என்றார்.

நான் பாரதியிடம், "யோவ்! என்ன விளையாடறியா? கவிஞர் வந்து பாட்டெல்லாம் எழுதிட்டுப் போயிட்டார். அவருகிட்ட புதுசா பாட்டு வேணாம்னு எப்படிய்யா கேட்கமுடியும்?'' என்றேன்.

பாரதியும் விடவில்லை. "அதெல்லாம் நான் சொல்லிக்கிறேன். வேறு பாட்டை நாளைக்கு காலையில் பூஜை ரெக்கார்டிங்கில் எடுக்கிறோம். சரியா?'' என்று கேட்டார்.

"சரி காலையில் பார்க்கலாம்'' என்று சொல்லி போனை வைத்தேன்.

மறுநாள் காலையில் ஜேசுதாசின் தரங்கிணி ஸ்டூடியோவில் காலை 7 மணிக்கு ஒரு டிïனை பாடினேன். அது நன்றாக இருக்கிறது என்று பாரதி `ஓ.கே' சொல்ல, அப்படியே இசைக்குழுவுக்கு அதற்கான இசையை கம்போஸ்செய்து எழுதிக்கொடுத்து விட்டேன்.

டிபன் முடித்துவிட்டு 9 மணிக்கு இசைக்குழுவுடன் பாடலுக்கான ஒத்திகையும் முடித்தேன்.

கவியரசர் கண்ணதாசன் சரியாக 10 மணிக்கு வந்தார். ஒரு ஹாலில் அமர்ந்தோம். சுற்றிலும் இசைக்குழுவினர் ஆங்காங்கே நின்று வேடிக்கை பார்க்கத் தொடங்கினார்கள். அவர்கள் கண்ணதாசன் பாடல் எழுதுவதை பார்த்திருக்க வாய்ப்பு இல்லை அல்லவா? அதனால்தான் அத்தனை ஆர்வம்.

கவியரசர் முதல் நாளே கதையை கேட்டுவிட்டதால் "டூயட்தானே?'' என்று மட்டும் என்னிடம் கேட்டார்.

"ஆமாண்ணே'' என்றேன்.

"டிïனை பாடு'' என்றார். 

"இன்னொரு முறை பாடு'' என்றார்.

மீண்டும் பாடினேன்.

உடனே கவியரசரிடம் இருந்து டிïனுக்கேற்ற வார்த்தைகள் வந்து விழுந்தன.

"வான் மேகங்களே! வாழ்த்துங்கள்! பாடுங்கள்! நான் இன்று கண்டுகொண்டேன் ராமனை'' என்று அவர் உடனே சொல்ல சுற்றி நின்ற இசைக்குழுவினர் ஆச்சரியத்தில் திறந்த வாய் மூடாமல் கேட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்தனர்.

அவர் சொன்னதை நான் டிïனோடு பாடிக்காட்டினேன். "கண்டுகொண்டேன் ராமனை'' என்று நான் பாடி முடித்தவுடன், இசையில் இருந்து இம்மியும் பிசகாது வார்த்தைகள் கவியரசரிடம் இருந்து விழுவதைக் கண்டு கைதட்டினார்கள்.

கவிஞருக்கோ ரசிகர்களை மொத்தமாக கூட்டி வைத்து அவர்கள் முன் பாடல் எழுதுவது போன்ற உணர்வு ஏற்பட்டது போலும். உற்சாகமாக அடுத்தடுத்த வார்த்தைகள் வெளிவந்தன.

மொத்தப்பாடலும் 20 நிமிடத்தில் முடிய அதை ஒரு 10 நிமிடத்தில் நகல் எடுத்துக்காட்ட, கவியரசர் சரி பார்த்தார். பாரதி "ஓ.கே'' சொன்னார்.

ஜானகியும், மலேசியா வாசுதேவனும் வந்தார்கள். பாடலை எழுதி, டிïனை கற்றுக்கொண்டு ஒத்திகை முடிந்து பாடல் பதிவானது.

அங்கேயே அப்போதே சுடச்சுட எடுத்த பாடல்தான். ஆனால் `பாஸ்ட் புட்' ரகம் அல்ல.

மற்ற பாடல்களை கம்போஸ் செய்ய ஓட்டலில் உட்கார்ந்தோம்.

ஊருக்குப் புதிதாய் வந்த ஆசிரியருக்கும், நாயகிக்கும் காதல் அரும்புகிறது. இப்போது பாடல் காட்சி. இந்தப்பாடல் எனக்கு வித்தியாசமாக வேண்டும் என பாரதி கேட்டார்.

பல மெட்டுக்கள் போட்டேன். ஒன்றும் பிடிக்கவில்லை. எனக்கே புதிதாக ஏதாவது செய்யவேண்டும் என்று தோன்றிக்கொண்டிருந்தது. அந்த நேரத்தில் வந்த மெட்டுக்களை எல்லாம் வாசித்தபடி பாடிக்கொண்டிருந்தேன். எனக்கும் எதுவும் புதிதாகத் தெரியவில்லை.

ஆர்மோனியத்தை மூடிவிட்டு "சரி வாய்யா! அப்படி பீச் பக்கம் போய் வரலாம்'' என்றார் பாரதி. பிரசிடென்ட் ஓட்டலில் இருந்து கொஞ்ச தூர நடையில் கடற்கரையை அடைந்தோம்.

கூட்டம் அவ்வளவாக இல்லை. வழக்கமாக நாங்கள் மாலை நேரங்களில் பொழுது போக்கிய அதே கடற்கரை.

சுண்டல் வாங்கி கொறித்தபடி கடற்கரையில் நடந்தோம். கடல் அலைகளில் கால்கள் நனைய நனைய நின்றோம். இப்படியே சிறிது நேரம் பீச்சில் பொழுது போக்கிவிட்டு திரும்பவும் ரூமுக்கு வந்தோம். அதுவரை பாடலைப் பற்றி பேசவும் இல்லை. அதுபற்றி சிந்திக்கவும் இல்லை.

இந்த இடைவெளியில் என்ன நடந்ததோ தெரியவில்லை. வந்து ஆர்மோனியத்தை தொட்டேன். அவ்வளவுதான். ஆரம்பம் முதல் கடைசி வரை `தம் தனனம்' என்று தொடங்கி முடியும் வரை அதே `தம்தனன'வில் பாடலின் முழு டிïனும் வந்துவிட்டது.

பாரதியைப் பார்க்கணுமே "சூப்பர்! பிரமாதம்'' என்றவர், ஆடாத குறைதான். அத்தனை உற்சாகம் அவருக்கு!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:39 pm

NOT an IR song but doesn't the second interlude in this hit track off Ae Dil Hai Mushkil evoke Sattru Munbu to some extent?  Pritam probably did it at the insistence of KJo to bring back the flavour of the golden oldies but he, intentionally or not, drew from BSO-IR:

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next