Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

+31
panniapurathar
IsaiRasigan
pmanokaran
BC
al_gates
raagakann
rajkumarc
Sakalakala Vallavar
raja4ever
Wizzy
Raghunaga
vicks
sagi
plum
MH
ravinat
jaiganesh
Raaga_Suresh
sheepChase
mythila
counterpoint
writeface
fring151
rajaclan
V_S
app_engine
Drunkenmunk
kamalaakarsh
kiru
crimson king
Usha
35 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:49 pm

https://soundcloud.com/vijeeth/kana150-bit

Pls some one tell me which song is this. பைத்தியம் பிடிக்காத குறையா லூப்ல கேட்டுட்டிருக்கேன்! Resembles அதோ அந்த நதியோரம் but its not. (Taken from Kanapraba's chorus quiz)

Thanks!
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  mythila Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Sakalakala Vallavar wrote:https://soundcloud.com/vijeeth/kana150-bit

Pls some one tell me which song is this. பைத்தியம் பிடிக்காத குறையா லூப்ல கேட்டுட்டிருக்கேன்! Resembles அதோ அந்த நதியோரம் but its not. (Taken from Kanapraba's chorus quiz)

Thanks!

Seems like an interlude bit from the song "oru chuddar iru chuddar" in the
90's film "rajavin pArvaiyilE"

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks, thats right!! the clap  thankyou
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:32 pm

What a funny connection!

For the last few days, the song "veLi nAttu grAmappuRaththil viLaiyAdum kAdhal jOdi" had been on repeat during my drives...Love the interludes and the sweet saraNams, despite the weak female voice and the not-so-great-synth-drum-sounds.

Then looked at this news item : Pazha.Karuppaiah, the MLA who recently got sent out of ADMK and was on news channels, is the producer for nAdi thudikkudhadi

ராசாவுக்கும் இவருக்கும் இப்படி ஒரு இணைப்பா! Laughing

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:58 am

Recently heard, 'Udupi Sri Krishna Suprabhaatham' on Spotify. Highly recommended. Soulful singing (redundant comment, I guess). thaayE neenu vanthingu nilasi eekoLLuru kailasavaithu (pardon my corrupted kannada transliteration) is awesome. Next India trip, need to visit kOlluru, probably Udupi too.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Dug up Vaalmeeki and gave it a spin.. 
I am stuck in this album and feels like it is 2009 all over again..
"OLi tharum sooriyano" - was almost in tears  - this is pronunciation of 
Bela shinde notwithstanding.. The arrangements, the bass, piano, violin
and the maestro's voice - everything has a devastating effect on my soul..
As regards to GVM's interview - well done, neatly arranged and packaged..
However as I was melting to "OLi tharum sooriyanO" in my car, I felt..
"Raaja is like Ramana maharishi himself" - He answers questions that you did 
not even bother asking about. I feel like every question that I ever wanted to ask
and will ever think of asking him has already been answered by HIM through his 
music.. All I have to do is just let go and listen. Vaalmeeki songs are one more 
proof of that.

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:07 am

jaiganesh wrote:Dug up Vaalmeeki and gave it a spin.. 
I am stuck in this album and feels like it is 2009 all over again..
"OLi tharum sooriyano" - was almost in tears  - this is pronunciation of 
Bela shinde notwithstanding.. The arrangements, the bass, piano, violin
and the maestro's voice - everything has a devastating effect on my soul..
As regards to GVM's interview - well done, neatly arranged and packaged..
However as I was melting to "OLi tharum sooriyanO" in my car, I felt..
"Raaja is like Ramana maharishi himself" - He answers questions that you did 
not even bother asking about. I feel like every question that I ever wanted to ask
and will ever think of asking him has already been answered by HIM through his 
music.. All I have to do is just let go and listen. Vaalmeeki songs are one more 
proof of that.
Oli Tharum, Kooda Varuviya and Thendral Maarum are wonderful songs in that album.
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:47 pm

enna singing  Shocked

https://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/dsd-uyiraeuravil
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:09 pm

http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/cinema-others/%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-10-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%A3%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A3%E0%AF%80%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%BE/article8478760.ece?widget-art=four-all

Aruvadai naaL song lyrics analysis..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Hodadhavae from Prem Kahani........

lovely number.........   Feelings.. Moods... and the nativity with reality........... with Period sounds........

(80s raja dhan nu irukaravanga ellam innum karai yeralai.. IR karai yeritar........)+

Fantastic IR.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9eS8q8HvsA

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:38 pm

After watching Tharai Thappattai, I am continuously listening to the soundtrack, the experience is beyond words. Aattakkaari maaman ponnu is a big miss by Bala Evil or Very Mad How can he do that? After the ferocious and mind-blowing climax theme, the amount of silence it brings, it feels like the whole world has been put to mute even with noisy traffic, noisy city, noisy meetings, everything. That's the power of Maestro's music, the silence it brings within us is beyond words.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:51 pm

V_S wrote: Aattakkaari maaman ponnu is a big miss by Bala Evil or Very Mad  How can he do that?

After they released the whole album on youtube, they released each song separately (with lyrics) on youtube as well. 

As one could see from the posts on the TT thread, this #IR_Waltz was the most heard number by public at that point of time! 

This had the potential to be the biggest patti-thotti hit of the year (even if with not-so-great-visuals, simply by getting its additional attention thru TV channels and youtube). 

Yes, big miss! Also from another PoV - that of the limited music savviness of the general public like me.

Had IR launched himself in annakkiLi with pAruruvAya & idarinum kinds (only), he would have become a M P Srinivasan or someone like that in 70's and disappeared. 

It was 'machchAnappAththeengaLA' and such numbers later that drew millions like me toward him. 
(Of course, many of such millions grew up in savviness later on but they should be first brought on-board and IR needed baits like machchAna).

Songs like AttakkAri can do that for today's mass music-ignorant public (to be introduced to great music and they can later graduate in IR-school to appreciate the idarinum kinds).

Opportunity lost Embarassed

Last edited by app_engine on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Agree totally. Fun, catchy and easy on ears, despite packed with so much content in it. The interludes are still ringing in me. Charming! Without humming the interludes, I cannot go to charaNams; signature of Maestro's compositions. Very seducing composition. No bail for Bala.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:40 am

First time listen - 'mangai nee mAngani' of innisai mazhai (courtesy raajafm.com, this morning drive).

WOW, what a soothing song!

It started with the voice of someone like Deepan Chakravarthy (from the web, identified it to be of S N Surendar) and I was wondering why this guy is struggling to "smoothly" render the melody.  After the tablA and such accompaniments came along, his difficulties were kind of hidden and I could start getting into the song and enjoying the flow. 

Then there was a surprise! IR's voice came in - voila - what a smooth / flow! Absolutely no hurdles and the song straight got into my inner cells!

Per wiki, the director of the movie is Vijay's ammA, Shobha Chandrasekar (and most of us are aware that S N Surendar is her brother - the famous dubbing artist for actor Mohan in his silver jubilees - and here he sings for the comedian Vivek).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wd68-6Tg0M

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:12 am

Glad that you reminded me of innisai mazhai. I still remember vividly how I was waiting for this soundtrack release and rushed to get the cassette recorded first in my town. As the title of the movie itself told clearly, it created huge expectation in me and just when I saw the advertisement in the daily paper about the music release, I rushed to the recording studio and got it done. When I came back and played the songs along with my friends, none of them were impressed on first listen and they were sarcastically laughing inside which I could clearly notice. You know how the year 1992 was then. Starting from aavaarampoo,bharathan, chembaruththi, chinna kounder, chinna pasanga naanga, chinnavar, deiva vaakku, devar magan, ithu namma bhoomi, mannan, naadOdi paattukkaaran, naadOdi thendral, paandi durai, paandiyan, raasukutty, rickshaw maama, singaara vElan,  thirumathi pazhanisaamy, unnai nenaichEn paattu padichchEn, vanna vanna pookkaL it was non-stop musical shower every day. I can tell most of the listeners wanted to listen only to the hits (which were broadcasted either on radio and TV) and never concerned about these unknown/little lesser known films like innisai mazhai, villu paattukkaaran, pangaaLi, thanga manasukkaaran, unnai vaazhththi paadugiRen, endrum andudan, magudam, agni paarvai, dharma bhoomi, en iniya pon nilaavE, maapiLLai vanthachchu, naangaL, ponnukEththa purushan, puthiya swarangaL which also got released in the same year. Even they all released in the same year, not many cared about them. May be some songs in each of the films got played, but it was not that often, but many of them were skipped even without listening. That was (is) the luxury Maestro provided. That was (is) the luxury listeners took from Maestro. Not anyone's fault, but composing in such lightning speed with amazing consistency and quality outdid even the listening speed (which ideally should be way less than composing). As if Maestro says, 'you finished listening to this one, take this one' and kept on putting one after another in our queue only for us to feel embarrassed not to keep up with his pace. I patiently collected/recorded most of them taking ample time. Looking back, how many such songs were undeservedly wasted without even listening. That's why I never believed in hits/non hits. In a nutshell, what I wanted to say is, the ones which were not hits that time is not because of the songs were not good, most of them were not heard at all. It was mostly a later realization that how did we miss such a song. This kind of unique experience only happens with Maestro's music.

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Thanks app.. for mangai nee mangani...... Rare one.....

V_S,

ethanai padam.. list pottuteenga. ellam GEM dhan..... Thanks for the listings.

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:31 pm

We had a tape with Singaravelan on one side and Innisai Mazhai on the other and a photo of DA MAN wearing headphones (ostensibly carefully listening to the musicians) on the cassette cover.  Needless to say, Innisai Mazhai rarely got much attention.  Even so, Dhoori Dhoori did become something of a hit.   Which is such an irony given Shobha's shaky singing 'adorns' this song.  The much better sung songs like Vaa Vaa Mannava didn't get much attention.  The problem is indeed that it came out in 1992.  Yerkanave isai mazhai adhil innisai mazhai veraya?  I know zilch about this film.  Was it a B Grade production?  IR tries his best to elevate the songs above the film but that extra filmi quotient sticks out (I get similar vibes from RGV's Udhayam songs).  Of course, now when listening in leisure I enjoy these songs because they are still fine melodies and pretty infectious.  Just so much like stuff he was doing almost as a matter of routine at the time but that can't be helped.  Overflow of brilliance!

EDIT:  Just realised that Hello Hello from this film was a pretty big hit at the time.  Must have heard it several times on TV, but never realised it was from this film.  I mean, who gave a fig about which film and all as long as the song was good!  Very Happy

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:56 am

Tripped on Bhoomigeethe Kannada album (probably early 90s work, not sure). Some lovely songs. The orchestration is minimalistic, lots of synth work which fits in well overall. The theme is predominantly tribal/folk and it's a rhythmic delight as well. Really interesting percussion work throughout the album and Raaja's choice of percussion for tribal themes are always intriguing and rewarding. The whole soundscape of the album feels completely different from whatever similar work of Raaja I had heard before. The vocals are a delight as well and exhibit a beautiful innocence.

Here are some of my favorites:
Gore Gorakana
Node Ravva Node Ravva
Are Kamalee Are Kamalee
Aa Devarille Maduva

Any takers for this album? Haven't really come across any discussions around this album.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  writeface Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:48 pm

What a lovely song! I haven't listened to this in a very long time. I wonder whatever happened to Minmini.

https://soundcloud.com/shashi32/malai-chandiran-remastered-by-sashi

writeface

Back to top Go down

Post  jaiganesh Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:45 pm

rajkumarc wrote:Tripped on Bhoomigeethe Kannada album (probably early 90s work, not sure). Some lovely songs. The orchestration is minimalistic, lots of synth work which fits in well overall. The theme is predominantly tribal/folk and it's a rhythmic delight as well. Really interesting percussion work throughout the album and Raaja's choice of percussion for tribal themes are always intriguing and rewarding. The whole soundscape of the album feels completely different from whatever similar work of Raaja I had heard before. The vocals are a delight as well and exhibit a beautiful innocence.

Here are some of my favorites:
Gore Gorakana
Node Ravva Node Ravva
Are Kamalee Are Kamalee
Aa Devarille Maduva

Any takers for this album? Haven't really come across any discussions around this album.
I am a crazy fan of Are Kamali kamali https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/raajabrahmam.wordpress.com
Nodiravva and gore gorakkana are pristine gems of high order ..

jaiganesh

Back to top Go down

Post  raagakann Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:28 am

"Any takers for this album? Haven't really come across any discussions around this album."

Recently we had discussed this album (BhoomieGeetha) in the thread "Directors who had worked in only one film with IR"..

raagakann

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Two things used to be big turn-offs for me at the time of the arrival of this song. 

Thus I've never listened to it with a lot of interest, even though it was a super hit / got played on many occasions without me looking forward to it etc.

1. Horrible pallavi lines (jingidi jingidi unakku / sinnabudhdhi unakkedhukku etc)

2. Mano, when one wanted SPB sing all the songs for KH & RK

Well, a few days back I had the pleasure of ENJOYING this song - on raajafm during a drive, with decent sound quality Embarassed

KSC in an unusually rough tone sings "வீர்ற மஹராஜா - அடடடட ஊரச்சுத்தலாமா" and aces the oodal of the female char Smile

And what a lovely, delectable second interlude - with that kuRumbu solo violin showcasing the superiority with which IR scores for comical situations! Fantastic fantastic piece!

So, here I'm searching for the youtube of the song on a Friday AN...well, it's not something difficult to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSrW9UJ-WKM

rotfl3 Stuff, this video

Laughing

rotfl

BTW, it seems the lyricist is IR Embarassed Embarassed Very embarrassed - not just with the irritating first line but also with the "oorkkAvalA" reference, which is unusual in one way.

Typically, in IR film songs, the lyricist is careful not to refer the movie titles of competitors. (Well, mostly - unless it was an older film of MSV). Here, he himself wrote the song and gave a nod to a Shankar-Ganesh film? 

Interesting!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:20 pm

raajafm played this song during the morning drive to work and now I'm playing this on repeat Smile

Love the way MV says "கூட்ஸ் வண்டி கேரேஜ்ஜு".

The way in which IR switches to moghul style and carnatic style in the interludes for a few seconds, just like that in both cases, is simply awesome!

Of course, the major attraction for me is the bass-guitar that mostly does rhythm but does some variations here and there in line with the melody Smile

Not worthy visuals, as usual!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAAYEHe55gw

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Today's energy booster, giliga gili giliga giliginthagaa, kasiga kasi kasigaa kauvinthagaa  cheers  cheers  cheers There is breath-taking pace, full of energy, sweetest melody right from the first note till the end, in a sweetest language (written by Veturi), terrifically catchy, mind-blowing orchestration, absolutely tight and taut with no note can be taken out or inserted or replaced. With two of the best singers on board, it brings delightfully bloody naughty mood. Maestro also emphasizes that to get high/supreme energy, you don't have to tune in high pitches or shout or scream. All can be achieved even tuned in lower/middle octaves. With elegance too brings supreme energy!

I still remember when one of our town friends who worked in Hyderabad used to bring these songs during his vacation and we will be having an ultimate blast. It is not just nostalgia, but the way our faces brighten when we first listen to this song can never be described. We used to say, if mottai (as every fan used to call him fondly)comes before us that time, we would kiss him and rape him  lol! Such is (I don't want to say was) the impact and ecstasy the song gave. We felt new blood flew in us whenever we listen to this composition. We felt we were reborn. There is no second or multiple time business, it straightaway sat comfortably in our souls right in the first listen, and it will only be taken out from us when we leave this planet, that too it will transfer these songs to some other souls.

Can any music director give such an empowering and emphatic song, given all the technology and even take the whole country ('s brain) or universe for composing and take all the time you want? I bet you can never touch even 0% of this composition. If this is what we listen daily, how one would even listen and appreciate anything else? It is not bias, it is sheer love and surrender to the HIGHEST QUALITY MUSIC AVAILABLE. மத்ததெல்லாம் உப்பு சப்பே இல்லாம இருக்கு. என்னத்த செய்ய Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:54 pm

V_S wrote: giliga gili giliga giliginthagaa, kasiga kasi kasigaa kauvinthagaa  cheers  cheers  cheers There is breath-taking pace, full of energy, sweetest melody right from the first note till the end, in a sweetest language (written by Veturi), terrifically catchy, mind-blowing orchestration, absolutely tight and taut with no note can be taken out or inserted or replaced. With two of the best singers on board

Nice song (of course, first time listen for me) Smile

Got reminded of its TFM "cousin" from nAnum oru thozhilALi :

ஒரு நிலவும் மலரும் நடனம் புரியும் கலையரங்கம்
(same singer pair)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O03Aps85ZRI

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next