Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

+31
panniapurathar
IsaiRasigan
pmanokaran
BC
al_gates
raagakann
rajkumarc
Sakalakala Vallavar
raja4ever
Wizzy
Raghunaga
vicks
sagi
plum
MH
ravinat
jaiganesh
Raaga_Suresh
sheepChase
mythila
counterpoint
writeface
fring151
rajaclan
V_S
app_engine
Drunkenmunk
kamalaakarsh
kiru
crimson king
Usha
35 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2 Empty Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  Usha Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Devan kovil deepam  -  SJ -   2nd interludes.. konjam extra iruku.. indha youtube il....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zXdJF-OEdA&list=RD3zXdJF-OEdA#t=7

2000 year song.. enna oru soulful compositiion. adhu Raja...

Last edited by Usha on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Usha

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  crimson king Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 am

kv wrote:
crimson king wrote:Caught this on Kalaignar today by chance.  Another brilliant, contemplative melody from a non-genius director film  Razz 

CK, this movie also has the other song 'naan kaadhalil pudhu pAdagan' (sung by Jayachandran) that one can so easily stack up with kannan vandhu paadugindran, mandram vandha thendral and the likes. That sweet sound of bass & acoustic drumming... oh! 

I wouldn't stack it up against those songs but that's more on account of Jayachandran's strangely vacant singing on this song (I normally like his singing) as compared to the passionate vocals of SPB and SJ respectively in those songs.  The music is brilliant, as usual.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2 Empty Re: Manadhil oru paattu - Song of the moment - Vol 2

Post  Usha Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 am

DM's Upload....   Excellent works... stereo romba nalla work aradhu...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaiZHqmkjkc

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Kalakkal Title score....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Kj9QkL2BA

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Ilamai oonjaladukriadhu - Title score

konjam..Nenjam marapadhiillai style. mudijum neram... konjam Sigapuu Rojakkal ( Saradha en manaivu.. andha nera bgm.)
Nyabaga paduthiyadhu.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yFZzlHWANE

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:30 pm

About Naan Kadhalil Pudhu Padagan, I wonder if the version posted above is one of this digitally remastered 'revival' versions where the singer was asked to record it again by the recording company.  The reason I ask is Jayachandran's voice sounds much lighter and livelier in this clip of the same song.

There are some such versions of old classics delivered by an ageing Manna Dey and Mahendra Kapoor, as applicable, that they sometimes play on the radio.  I am not aware that such a thing was done to any 80s IR songs but the feel is noticeably different on this clip compared to the one posted earlier.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:11 am

crimson king wrote:About Naan Kadhalil Pudhu Padagan, I wonder if the version posted above is one of this digitally remastered 'revival' versions where the singer was asked to record it again by the recording company.  The reason I ask is Jayachandran's voice sounds much lighter and livelier in this clip of the same song.

There are some such versions of old classics delivered by an ageing Manna Dey and Mahendra Kapoor, as applicable, that they sometimes play on the radio.  I am not aware that such a thing was done to any 80s IR songs but the feel is noticeably different on this clip compared to the one posted earlier.

CK - the other version is from CD, converted to youtube with just a still, this one is from the DVD. May be, you are asking some thing else.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:07 am

Then it may be that something is lost in transferring from vinyl to CD (in which case the DVD should not sound different Shocked ).  I think I noticed something like this in Vazhi Vidu Vazhi Vidu also, one version has much more heavy sounding vocals than the other.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:01 am

Thuthukudi muthu muthu.....  Sweet number...

IR's harmony layers. so sweet......... 

Chorus...........  took a Great Place in this song.........

ethanai variety................

hey hey.......
Dada dada dan............. thakada thadhi thithooooooooommmmmmm.............. so sweet..........
Dandan danda dandan danda.... lovely portion......

Oru style il varum rhythm........  azhagana flow il vandhu kondu irukum podhu.....

Speed Breaker madhiriii..... oru thadukal.. oru kulukal.........  andha Gerk.............  adhu azhagaga original rhythm ku
serum azhagu....... Super one...... IR kite matum irukum.. idhu avarudaiya Patent.......

indha speed breaker.. sila paatuku than iruku.. adhaiyum list podanam.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ZlMneX0lU

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:43 pm

kv wrote:Listening to this one for the first time - aathadi allikodi (thendral sudum). From the early synth years; has a very interesting sound to it now. Love the basslines. FinderKeepers should consider beefing this one up and put it on their next collection. 

http://shakthi.fm/ta/player/play/s20c308d9

Thanks a lot for sharing.  I haven't heard it before either.  And overwhelmed just halfway through.  The arrangements accompanying the pallavi remind me vaguely of the 80s acid jazz band Incognito.  Similar combination of awesome slap bass with (Western) flute.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  kamalaakarsh Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Not just one song but a compilation - http://play.raaga.com/tamil/album/Madras-To-Mars-TC0000981 I thought this was a very interesting compilation. Listening to some songs after a very long time. Almost all songs are amazing. But thats a weird title for the compilation
kamalaakarsh
kamalaakarsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:33 pm

crimson king wrote:
kv wrote:Listening to this one for the first time - aathadi allikodi (thendral sudum). From the early synth years; has a very interesting sound to it now. Love the basslines. FinderKeepers should consider beefing this one up and put it on their next collection. 

Thanks a lot for sharing.  I haven't heard it before either.  And overwhelmed just halfway through.  The arrangements accompanying the pallavi remind me vaguely of the 80s acid jazz band Incognito.  Similar combination of awesome slap bass with (Western) flute.

Uploaded a stereo version in HQ:

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Some tasty collection - sweet indulgences today :

https://soundcloud.com/rajath-narayan

the clap

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote:
crimson king wrote:

Uploaded a stereo version in HQ:

Thanks, this does sound better.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:32 am

crimson king wrote:Then it may be that something is lost in transferring from vinyl to CD (in which case the DVD should not sound different Shocked ).  I think I noticed something like this in Vazhi Vidu Vazhi Vidu also, one version has much more heavy sounding vocals than the other.

CDs are not from vinyl. The ones from vinyl are an exception when the master tapes are lost. Master tapes are good quality, either in mono, later stereo or in digital stereo. The songs are transferred to films in whatever audio technology was available those days (usually in mono). DVDs are made from the film masters are mostly in mono. Because of these reasons CDs are much better quality than DVDs.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  crimson king Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:39 am

Thanks from the explanation.  Maybe the stereo effect itself makes the sound fuller and therefore a little heavier.  I somehow prefer the 'lower quality' sound from the film master for these old analog recordings.

crimson king

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:47 am

Enna solli paduvadho.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqPjLLBFQLQ

no words......... Interludes.. so sweet...........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:30 am

Maha Ganapathim.. from Sindhu Bhairavi

Thalam... romba special ana IR... indha paatuku.. Thalam illamal.... anal.. Gambeeram kuraiyamal.. violin udan.........

romba azhagu..... Violin........... jeevanudan.. pesum.. singer udan........... amaidhiyana ... irukum idam theriyamal.. anal  theiryum....... Sruthi........ adhu IR............

Thalathukana space....... vittu vaithu irupar IR......  adhu IR...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WdZqJxmuco

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:41 am

Slightly evokes Oru Vaanavil Pole, but what a lovely beautiful song this! Earworm for the day. Discovered this on FM while traveling to work in the morning. Easy to identify right away it is IR from the orchestration and how the vocals sound. SOTD for me.

Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Interesting DM, to see that you get intro'd to this geethA sangeethA only now Smile

During my schooldays, this was a regular at IOKS and I've heard it on radio 100's of times Smile

Then later on, my cousin recorded it on his mono panasonic player.

A song that never failed to thrill me!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:09 pm

article on 'adi peNNE' of MM

பாடல் முடிந்துவிட்டபிறகும் தொடர்கிறது ஆரம்பத்தில் ஆரம்பித்த அந்த இசை ஜலதரங்கம், அவை கூறுகிறது "இளமையின் கனவுகளுக்கு முடிவே இல்லை..." என்பதை. காட்சி கண்ணில் இருந்து மறைந்து போனாலும் இசையும் அழகுமாய் ராஜாவும் ஜென்சியும், ஷோபாவும், பாலு மகேந்திராவும் நம் நெஞ்சங்களில்

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  kiru Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:16 am

app_engine wrote: article on 'adi peNNE' of MM

பாடல் முடிந்துவிட்டபிறகும் தொடர்கிறது ஆரம்பத்தில் ஆரம்பித்த அந்த இசை ஜலதரங்கம், அவை கூறுகிறது "இளமையின் கனவுகளுக்கு முடிவே இல்லை..." என்பதை. காட்சி கண்ணில் இருந்து மறைந்து போனாலும் இசையும் அழகுமாய் ராஜாவும் ஜென்சியும், ஷோபாவும், பாலு மகேந்திராவும் நம் நெஞ்சங்களில்
oh man .. I did not know Shobha died at 17 !!! She looks more mature in the movies. My respect for BM has gone down too much. Indian Film Industry exploits young girls too much. Many of these film folks would be in prison for child abuse if it were US laws.

kiru

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:07 pm

kiru wrote:oh man .. I did not know Shobha died at 17 !!! She looks more mature in the movies.

aiyO Shocked

I didn't read the article thoroughly and only after your post realized this shocking fact.

Shobha's wiki page confirms it (Born '62 died '80)

That she was in cine field many years as child artist could be the reason for the maturity in looks / acting etc
(Who knows, she was possibly exposed to many ugly facts of life at a tender age...mother too actress it seems, per wiki...possibly didn't even get a chance to develop as a normal adult and eventually killed herself when still in teens...well, it's still a dispute if it were a Athma hathyA or vadham Embarassed )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Haunting voice Swarna........ 

Nandri sollave 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51LAtnPsVRw

poovoma oorkolam.........

ponni arum...... romba azhagana renditiion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkLd_eD_JAk

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 am

Venkiram.. ivarudaiya narration... romba azhagaga.. yadharthamaga irukum........

iru paravaigal malai muzhuvadhum.....

"இரு பறவைகள் மலை முழுவதும் இங்கே இங்கே பறந்தன

எழுபதுகளின் இறுதி.. சினிமாவை ஒரு விஷுவல் ஊடகமாக பெரிதும் பயன்படுத்தத் துவங்கிய காலக் கட்டம் என்பேன். கவியரசரும் அதற்கு அச்சாணியாக இப்படி பாடலை ஆரம்பிக்கிறார்.. கவிதையின் கட்டமைப்பே ஒரு புதிய உடை உடுத்திவந்து நிற்கிறது. இந்த ஒரே அடியில் கேட்போரின் மனதில் அழகான ஒரு காட்சியினை உருவகப்படுத்தி விடுகிறார். கற்பனை வானத்தில் வர்ணம் தீட்டும் கவித்துவமான தூரிகை வரிகள. படத்தில் நாயகி நாயகனைப் பார்த்து பாடுவதாக இவ்வரிகள் இருந்தாலும், நாம் தனியாக இதைக் கேட்டுரசிக்கும்போது, ஒரு பறவையாக மாறி மலையின் எழிலை ரசிக்க ஆரம்பித்துவிடுவோம். ஒரே கல்லில் இரு மாங்காய் போல இசைக் கண்ணாடியில் நிறப்பிரிகை நடத்திய ராஜா-கவியரசர்-ஜென்சி. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNge1N2Imsk

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next