Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

திரையிசைத்திலகம் கே.வி.மகாதேவன் அவர்கள் - #45 மாசி மாசக் கடைசியிலே (பல்லாண்டு வாழ்க)

+5
fring151
groucho070
counterpoint
Wizzy
V_S
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

திரையிசைத்திலகம் கே.வி.மகாதேவன் அவர்கள் - #45 மாசி மாசக் கடைசியிலே (பல்லாண்டு வாழ்க) - Page 5 Empty Re: திரையிசைத்திலகம் கே.வி.மகாதேவன் அவர்கள் - #45 மாசி மாசக் கடைசியிலே (பல்லாண்டு வாழ்க)

Post  app_engine Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:21 pm

I guess we're done with that MGR-KVM movie of the 70's.

When I saw புதியதோர் உலகம் செய்வோம் (பாரதிதாசன்) in the song list, the Seerkazhi song instantly played in my mind. 

And I thought, "Oh, that's a very popular song"...however, when searching for the song links / videos, I found out that the Seerkazhi number was by MSV for an earlier MGR movie, chandhrOdhayam. (Song for the titles :   Check this link for the movie )

OTOH, the TMS song in pallANdu vAzhga had a different melody and I don't think it was popular. I don't remember listening to it many times at all and even if I did, it failed to erase the powerful memory of the Seerkazhi song and fails to qualify for this thread. 

Forget it!

(p.s. just for comparison's sake, here's the KVM-TMS number : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZXfePZSFv4 )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

திரையிசைத்திலகம் கே.வி.மகாதேவன் அவர்கள் - #45 மாசி மாசக் கடைசியிலே (பல்லாண்டு வாழ்க) - Page 5 Empty Re: திரையிசைத்திலகம் கே.வி.மகாதேவன் அவர்கள் - #45 மாசி மாசக் கடைசியிலே (பல்லாண்டு வாழ்க)

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:06 am

Once I get some free time, I want to properly "once again" listen to the songs of thiruviLaiyAdal - before I start posting them in this thread.

There's no question about the legendary status of the album / songs in TN. No one can question their longstanding impact on the Thamizh psyche / culture etc.

I don't want to simply type the lyrics / give the youtube link / write some blA-blA and post here. It won't do justice to KVM.

Let me listen to them intently and see if I can be pushed to write something worthy of reading Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:48 pm

app_engine wrote:#26 மயக்கும் மாலைப்பொழுதே நீ போ போ 
(கூண்டுக்கிளி - குலேபகாவலி)

Today @dagalti (P_R) posted the link of the hindi youtube for this song :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXAt8DR-j5s

There is an interesting comment (possibly by an insider or old timer)...

That both MGR & Sivaji fought for this song (ஞானப்பழம் சண்டை - பழம் எனக்குத்தான் kind) and that was why T R Ramanna took it out of kooNdukkiLi Laughing

Later MGR somehow got it for gulEbagAvali Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:25 pm

kalathai vendravan nee from Subashree team

rendu perum romba romba nalla padi irukanga... kashtamana humming...... azhaga panni irukanga.

Janaki voice ku padara ponnu........ romba inspire pannitanga. Janaki voice.. imitate pannalai.Iyarkaiyagavae iruku ivaruku.
adhilum.. Clarity romba nalla iruku.. Love Her voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03inONOSvs

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum