Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

+10
counterpoint
Raaga_Suresh
Saravanan
baroque
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
plum
V_S
Usha
app_engine
14 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 4 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  app_engine Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:35 am

Usha wrote:another song.. Bhoomiiyil thendral..........  hindi song...  oh saathi chal... adhu nyabagam iruku........

That is naturally the next song we need to host in this thread - from the same movie, same SPB-PS pair duetting.

Unfortunately, I've never heard this song before, first time listen to me! (It's a boring song and I am surprised that even radio fellows rejected it - never remember hearing it.)

The song is in youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zONNoTx_1NA

Well, another NT-but-not-NT song, once again for Muthuraman!

Supports my theory that SPB wasn't a preferred choice for NT those days and had to do the singing for "second-fiddle" actors!

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 25
பூமியில் தென்றல் பொன்னாடை போடுது
(வாணி ராணி, 1974)

rA.mu.25 of SPB
bhoomiyil thenRal ponnAdai pOdudhu
(vANi rANi, 1974, with PS)
MD : KVM
Lyric : Kannadasan

பூமியில் தென்றல் பொன்னாடை போடுது
பூவினில் வண்டு பல்லாண்டு பாடுது
யாருக்கு இன்று கல்யாண ஊர்வலமோ

இளமாலைப் புது மங்கை நடனமிது
இரவோடு கதை பேசும் பருவமிது
பதமாக உறவாடிப் பழகுவது
பனிமேகம் பன்னீரைச் சிதறுவது
கலந்த கண்கள் காதலில் துடிக்க
இணைந்த கைகள் ஆரத்தி எடுக்க
உலகம் முழுதும் இளமை விளையாட்டு

உயிரோடு உயிர் சேரும் நினவு இது
ஒருபோதும் கலையாத கனவு இது
இதழோடு இதழ் பேசும் கவிதை இது
இதமாகப் பதம் பாடும் புதுமை இது
சிரிக்கும் வாயில் மாணிக்க மணிகள்
துடிக்கும் மார்பில் ஆனந்தக்கனிகள்

மகராணி மகராஜன்  சொந்தமிது
மறையாத வரம் கொண்ட பந்தமிது
மணிச்சங்கு இசை பாடும் சங்கமிது
நமக்கென்று உருவான சொர்க்கமிது
திரண்டு நிற்கும் மணமகள் மயங்க
இரண்டு பக்கம் மேளங்கள் முழங்க

BTW, many songs of those days have an extra saraNam in video or audio but not on both. This is one such song (three saraNams on audio but two on video).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 4 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  Saravanan Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:51 pm

App, Ethanai Azhagu is indeed by Pulamaipithan.

Details for Pattum Bharathamum SPB song:

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/851.html

If you haven't already, Please include 'enga veettu thanga theril' from Arunodhayam (1971), again SPB singing for Muthuraman in a NT movie.  KVM seems to have lifted the tune from  'gun guna rahe hai bhawre' Smile

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Apologies, I see that you have already covered Arunodhayam.

What about 'Maadhennai padaithaan' (TMS/SPB/LRE/M.R.Vijaya) from Raja Raja Chozhan (1973)?

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am

Saravanan wrote:App, Ethanai Azhagu is indeed by Pulamaipithan.

Details for Pattum Bharathamum SPB song:

If you haven't already, Please include 'enga veettu thanga theril' from Arunodhayam (1971), again SPB singing for Muthuraman in a NT movie.  KVM seems to have lifted the tune from  'gun guna rahe hai bhawre' Smile

Saravanan,

Dhool SOTD... enaku work agalaiyae...... link open agalai................

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 pm

mikka nanRi, Saravanan sir for the rare thagavalkaL!

Smile

So, it was at dhool that I read about pAttum bharathamum song before Smile

It's interesting to see that SPB was also part of that Rajaraja chOzhan song! I started listening to it and then dismissed (thinking "how can SPB & Seerkazhi in the same song" Embarassed)

Will include these two in the listing, before moving to 1976 Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 pm

As mentioned by Saravanan sir, the 'engaL veettuth thangaththEril' song that we've covered in this thread (from 1971 movie aruNOdhayam, MD-KVM) is a copy of the famous ArAdhana(1969, SD Burman) number 'gungunA rahE hai bhanvrE, khil rahi hai kali kalee'...

(Nice to see MSV resisting from reusing the ArAdhana songs when the movie itself got remade few years later as 'sivakAmiyin selvan' Smile  We've also recently covered the 'eththanai azhagu' song which is TFM equivalent of the evergreen 'roop tErA mastAnA' )

For amusement, here is the Rajesh Khanna / Sharmila Tagore number from ArAdhanA that KVM lifted :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTktbXFZP6o

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:36 pm

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 26
மை சாங் இஸ் ஃபார் யூ
(பாட்டும் பரதமும், 1975)

rA.mu.26 of SPB
my song is for you
(pAttum bharathamum, 1975)
MD : MSV

BTW, this song is for 'magan Sivaji' while appA Sivaji had all songs by TMS Smile
(SPB = youththu)

There's a lot of information, presented stylishly by Saravanan sir on the movie and the song at dhool:

The only thing I can add is my own experience with this movie / song Smile

I remember watching this movie in theater (that dance competition is still clearly in my memory - Sivakami Ada vandhAl)! Also, the SPB song used to be on radio from time to time - and after hearing today, I could identify it was one of my early SPB favourites Embarassed

I also remember loving the 'ennadi rAkkammA' in the end Smile
(The youtube below does not have that part)

மை சாங் இஸ் ஃபார் யூ
மை லவ்  இஸ் ஃபார் யூ
கெஸ் ஹூ ஹே கெஸ் ஹூ

அழகுக்கூந்தல் கொண்டால் அவள் ஒரு சிக்ஸ்டீன்
ஆனாலும் அவள் எந்தன் கண்ணில் செக்ஸ் டீன்
ஸ்வீட் சிக்ஸ்டீன்... செக்ஸ் டீன்

கண்கள் ரெண்டும் சில்வர் கண்டால் பின்னே செல்வர் கண்ணே நீ யாரோ
அன்னம் என்று சொல்வர் ஆசை நெஞ்சின் நெய்பர் அன்பே நீ யாரோ
பேருண்டு நினைவில்லை நினைவுண்டு வரவில்லை
வரவுண்டு முடிவில்லை உறவுக்கு ஒரு முல்லை

காதல் எந்தன் ஹாபி அவளோ பாவம் பேபி ராணி நீ யாரோ
கண்கள் நாலும் மீட்டிங் ஏனோ இன்னும் சீட்டிங் அன்பே நீ யாரோ
அவளுக்கும் தெரியுது எனக்கது புரியுது
இதயங்கள் துடிக்குது சபை மட்டும் திகைக்குது

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbTe22p2f6M

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Thanks, App for covering these songs..

Usha, I know there is a problem in accessing dhool from India. Trying to get it resolved.

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:01 pm

Saravanan wrote:

Usha, I know there is a problem in accessing dhool from India. Trying to get it resolved.

Thank u Saravanan...........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Saravanan wrote:Thanks, App for covering these songs..

You're very welcome sir!

Actually, we should thank you for providing such valuable info Smile

BTW, while dhool.com's SOTD pages work for me (in U.S.), the discussion pages no longer work Embarassed

For example, there is a link in the bottom of that pAttum bharathamum page pointing to the forum discussion:

http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5725

Such links used to work in the past but not anymore.

Sometime back, google didn't allow me to land on any searched dhool link, stating it got infected or risky / something like that....I think since then, the discussions are no longer accessible. There were some extremely funny comments and some nice discussions Sad

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:20 am

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 27
மாதென்னைப் படைத்தான் உனக்காக
(ராஜராஜ சோழன், 1973)

rA.mu.27 of SPB
mAdhennaip padaiththAn unakkAga
(rAjarAja chOzhan, 1973, with TMS/LRE/MRV)
MD : Kunnakkudi Vaidyanathan
Lyric : Kannadasan / Poovai Senguttuvan / P Subramanyam

I'm not sure if there were really 3 lyricists for this song - though one webpage claims so Smile

Well, I tried to google around for authenticating who of these actually wrote the song but could not find the answer (I wish they gave the name of the song against each lyricist in the movie titles Embarassed)

The dhool.com page that Saravanan sir hosted about Kunnakkudi & rAjarAja chOzhan briefly mentions about this song but the lyricist cannot be identified from there as well:
http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/967.html

Paid some attention to this song for the first time today, thanks to Saravanan sir's post. I don't remember listening to this number (i.e. with interest) any time before. I watched the "first cinemascope" movie in theater at the time of arrival and my favourites then were the more popular thenRalOdu udan piRandhAL, thanjaipperiya kOvil, Edu thandhAnadi, nAdhanaikkaNdEnadi numbers.

Interesting to see SPB as part of this number Smile

Quite interesting pAdal varigaL as all the 12 Thamizh months are cleverly included in the "romantic" number where two pairs sing - TMS with LRE & SPB with M R Vijaya. Obviously, none of the male singers are for NT in this song as those seen on the screen are Muthuraman & Sivakumar (SPB gets to sing for the lesser er..youththu among these two, Sivakumar).

மாதென்னைப் படைத்தான் உனக்காக
மாதங்கள் படைத்தான் நமக்காக
கீதங்கள் படைத்தான் இசைக்காக
காதலைப் படைத்தான் கணக்காக

கார்த்திகை மாதத்துத் தீபங்கள் போல்
எந்தன் கண் பறிக்கும் உந்தன் பேரழகு
மார்கழி மாதத்துப் பனிமுத்துப்போல்
இன்று மயக்கியதே உந்தன் சொல்லழகு

தை மகளே அத்தை மகளே
என்னைத் தழுவிடப் பிறந்த தமிழ் மகளே
மாசில்லாத என் மாமணியே
இந்த மணமகள் தேடிய மன்னவனே

பங்குனி என் வாழ்வில் பங்கு நீ
இந்தப் பார்த்திபன் பார்வையில் எங்கும் நீ
சித்திரை மாதத்து வானம் நீ
எங்கள் தெய்வப்புலவரின் வேதம் நீ

வைகாசிப்பிறையின் வடிவமே
வாடாத அழகுப்பருவமே
ஆனி மஞ்சனம் போலவே
புது அலங்காரம் செய்த தெய்வமே

ஆடிக்காவிரி வெள்ளமே
வரும் ஆவணி மாதத்து மேகமே
புரட்டாசித் திங்களில் ஒரு மனம்
ஐப்பசி மாதத்தில் திருமணம் நம் திருமணம்

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siplrsCt4uA

app_engine

Back to top Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 4 Empty Gouvaram

Post  groucho070 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:27 am

I know that this is a blasphemy to our forum hero...but stories behind the making of Gouvarama always intrigue me.

To me, the flick is like "Citizen Kane" of Tamizh film (rest of Indian film industry I don't know much)...a serious character study rather than just a story about some lawyer and his feud with a goddam nephew. I never liked Kannan, the feller may have moral standing by newspaper headline standard, but he is a whiny b**** (again thanks to the power of NT's performance), there is a concerted study as to who the audience should side with, the upright, arrogant, proud supposedly self-righteous lawyer or the wimpy (remember that bloke from Deiva Magan?) sniveling whimperer.

So many awesome scenes, so many textbook revisions for actors...soo...sooo...many.... too heavy to handle, very demanding...

...and yet VVS and MSV made us take a break with (giggle inducing "sugar and milk" comparison utpada) Kannan, his flute and awesome singing by SPB (appappo mind slip AgumbOthu junior-nu lullaby-A use chaiiyum).

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." - Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in Dead Pool)
groucho070
groucho070

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Maadhennai padaithan - indha paatuku youtube iruka..... Nice nostalgia. school days....
Relatives kuda partha padathil idhuvum onnu.... padam romba nalla padam. kadhaikaga asaiyaga parthen.

paatu.. kaetadhukae siripu... en cousins kuda serndhu........ karanam puriyadha siripu......... Very Happy 

Sivaji.. Lakshmi scene.Lakshmiyin love.. enna prob. nyabagam ilai....... romba azhagana scene idhu........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Usha wrote: indha paatuku youtube iruka

Not just the song (that is included in the post on the song above), the whole RRC movie is on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUsp0cQlYhI

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu May 01, 2014 2:47 am

Now we are into the "last" year of rA.mu, 1976, for the NT-SPB combo.

Let's begin with a "kiLu-kiLu" song, for which SPB was probably "known-for" during this era; we've kind of established this in many songs seen so far in this thread Smile

In this case, it was for NT again (after that 'roop tErA mastAnA' thingy) and Lakshmi is the co-star.

After locating the youtube of the song, I was surprised (families of that time would have got SHOCKED) to see that the Palakkad / Malampuzha dam "yakshi" statue is prominently included in the song!

Embarassed Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5LN_P-tzX8

Another version (with slightly better resolution) Laughing
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1757w9_unakkaga-naan-1976-no-no-i-wont_shortfilms

This song also had VJ, telling "NO-NO" for the most part and singing only the last pallavi. (The girl supposedly keeps refusing to the boy's advances but finally yields to the demand it seems).

In any case, this was possibly the start of the "comical Sivaji" romance phase (with those blazers / wigs / this / that - remember 'engengO sellum en eNNangaL'? ) Embarassed

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 28
காதல் கதை சொல்வேனோ
(உனக்காக நான், 1976)

rA.mu.28 of SPB
kAdhal kadhai solvEnO
(unakkAga nAn, 1976, with VJ)
MD : MSV

The song was a "radio-hit" Smile

ஐ வோண்ட் சே நோ ஐ ஹோப் யு நோ
நோ நோ நோ நோ நோ நோ
காதல் கதை சொல்வேனோ கட்டி சுகம் கொள்வேனோ
கன்னித்தேன் கொள்வேனோ
நாணம் கொள்ளாமல், ஐ ஹோப் யு நோ (நோ-நோ)

அழைக்கின்ற மான் கண்ணோ (நோ)
அணைக்கின்ற பூப்பெண்ணோ (நோ-நோ)
தடை சொல்ல ஏனோ சுகம் அங்கு தானோ
மோகம் தாளாமல் முத்ததில் நீராடி
முன்னூறு நான் கொள்வேனோ? (நோ)
தாகம் தீராமல் தள்ளாடித்தள்ளாடி
கையோடு மெய் சேர்ப்பேனோ?

துடிக்கின்ற பெண்மானோ (ஹோ-ஹோ)
நான் ரசிக்கின்ற அம்மானோ (ஆஹா)
இடை கொண்ட தேனோ எனக்காகத்தானோ
வெள்ளை மான் குட்டி துள்ளட்டும் துள்ளட்டும்
அள்ளாமல் நான் போவேனோ?
கன்னிப் பூங்காற்று என் மீது வீசட்டும்
ஜில்லென்று நான் ஆவேனோ?
(ஆஹா ஓஹோ ஆஹா)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Thu May 01, 2014 9:19 pm

App, perhaps you can add that the film was a poor remake of 'Namak Haram'.

At the risk of sounding repetitive:

http://www.dhool.com/sotd2/533.html

Waiting for the remaining songs of '76...

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 am

Saravanan wrote:App, perhaps you can add that the film was a poor remake of 'Namak Haram'.

Smile

nanRi for the info & the dhool link!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri May 02, 2014 9:24 pm

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 29
படகு படகு ஆசைப்படகு
(உத்தமன், 1976)

rA.mu.29 of SPB
padagu padagu Asaippadagu
(uththaman, 1976, with PS)

It's interesting to see no "udhavi" business for Kavingar in this movie titles Smile

KVM, of course, had to have Pugazhendi as udhavi. The recent "MD v/s composer" discussion in FB / twitter / IR forum section will probably make me pay more attention to this stuff whenever I watch a movie hereafter.

I haven't watched this movie, if anyone is interested in the Sivaji-Manjula combo, here is a youtube link (that has HD kwality):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZ2J4Hkock

This SPB song was a big hit among radio listeners (not a fav with me :oops:but SPB / PS have sung it really very nicely).

Pathetic orch, especially the rhythm section Embarassed

படகு படகு ஆசைப்படகு போவோமா பொன்னுலகம்
பயந்த மனது பார்த்துப் பழகு இதுதானே என்னுலகம்

நிலவு முகத்திலே முக்காடு போடும் மேகத்தை விலக்கடி லைலா
உன் அழகுக்கு ஸலாமு லைலா
ஆடவர் உலகில் ஆண் மகன் நீயே அடிமையன்றோ நான் உனக்கு ஹைஸ் அரசனன்றோ நீ எனக்கு

மணல்வெளி மேலே மணமகன் இருக்க மணமகள் பல்லாக்கில் போகின்றாள்
மனதையும் கல்லாக்கிப் போகின்றாள்
உடல் வெறும் கூடு உயிர் உன்னோடு மரகத டோலி உடலோடு
என் மனம் எனும் டோலி உன்னோடு

அனாரு என்றால் மாதுளம் ஆசை கொண்ட மாதுளம்
ஸலீமு என்ற மன்னவன் ஸலாமு வைத்தான் உன்னிடம்
உண்மைக்காதல் காதல் காதல் இந்தக்காதல் போயின் சாதல்

அக்பர் என்னும் பாதுஷா அரசை ஆளும் வாரிசா
கண்ணின் முன்னே வந்தது காதல் நெஞ்சைத் தந்தது
உண்மைக்காதல் காதல் காதல் இந்தக் காதல் போயின் சாதல்

காதல் இளம் கவிதையெலாம் கல்லறைக்கே போகுமென்றால்
காதல் எனும் தத்துவமே கடவுள் இட்ட தண்டனையோ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BafgJnUco1M

Interesting to see NT choosing SPB for this dramatic number instead of his preferred TMS.

Perhaps the situation called for "youththu style" (ice skating etc)...

Last edited by app_engine on Fri May 02, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 pm

I too heard this song that time. After a cracking start, how it loses steam afterwards. Nothing interesting after pallavi. Such a boring song Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Sun May 04, 2014 11:04 am

App, Uthaman again was a shoddy remake of Manmohan Desai's super hit 'Aa Gale Jag Jaa' (1973) The movie was made in Telugu as 'Manchi Manushulu' (1974). Manjula played the heroine in Telugu as well. The songs were originally composed by KVM for the Telugu version and the tunes were reused for Uthaman. SPB sang all the songs in Telugu, including Padaku Padaku Venta padaku (Padagu Padagu in Tamil). In Uthaman, TMS sang all the songs except Padagu Padagu.

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 05, 2014 7:42 pm

ஓஹோ, அப்போ இது டபுள் "கலைச்செல்வம்"  (கதை வடக்கு, இசை தெலுங்கு) Smile

பாரதியாரின் சீடர்கள்!

தகவலுக்கு நன்றி சரவணன் சார்!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon May 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Unless we come across another movie of the 'rA.mu' period of NT, Sathyam of 1976 will be the last one we'll be covering in this thread exercise.

Interestingly, both the SPB songs in that movie are for Kamal Smile

Which means, we can plan to use this Sathyam as some kind of "NT-Kamal" crossover movie and continue with the pre-IR-SPB songs for Kamal (regardless of whether he was the main hero or side), before taking up other nAyaks.

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 30
அழகாம் கொடி சிறிது
(சத்யம், 1976)

rA.mu.30 of SPB
azhagAm kodi siRidhu
(Sathyam, 1976, with PS)
Lyric : Kannadasan (or Rajagopal)

அழகாம் கொடி சிறிது அதிலும் உந்தன் இடை சிறிது
நடையாய் நடந்து சென்றால் நல்ல இடை வாடாதோ
தந்தனத்தந்தனத்தாளம் கொட்டு தக்கிடத்தக்கிட மேளம்

நடையும் இடையும் கண்டு நாடி எங்கும் சூடு கண்டு
கடையை விரிக்கிறியே கதை கதையாய் அளக்கிறியே
தந்தனத்தந்தனத்தாளம் கொட்டு தக்கிடத்தக்கிட மேளம்

ஏத்தமிட்டு நீரிறைச்சேன் நாத்துக்காலு நட்டு வச்சேன்
அறுவடைக்கு நேரமாச்சு அம்மாடி ஆசை கொஞ்சம் அதிகமாச்சி அம்மாடி
நீரூத்தி உரமுமிட்டு நேரம் பாத்துக் கதிர் அறுத்து
ஆதரிப்போர் இல்லையின்னா அத்தானே யார் தரிப்பார் இவ்வுயிரை அத்தானே

மாலை வருமடியோ மகமாயி துணையிருப்பா
நாலும் நடக்குமடி அம்மாடி நம்பிக்கையும் பிழைக்குமடி அம்மாடி
காளியம்மா சத்தியமா கை பிடிக்கவில்லையின்னா
ஆத்துலே உடல் கிடக்கும் அத்தானே ஆவியெல்லாம் ஒன்னச்சுத்தும் அத்தானே

No separate youtube could be found for the song...one way to watch it is following this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8fNRiPAVw&t=1290s

Kamal & Jayachithra Embarassed

KVM has his udhavi Pugazhendhi of course. Couldn't determine the lyricist for lack of vinyl cover Embarassed

The movie titles list both Kavingar and another Kavi Rajagopal. Can't authenticate who penned this song.

The song was definitely a frequent one at radio those days (though never a big fav with me - as usual pathetic orch IMHO).

The other SPB song from the same movie (to be featured next, kalyANakkOvilin deiveegak kalasam) was more popular.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Possibly the last rA.mu SPB song from a NT movie that we'll host in this thread (unless Saravanan sir or another expert shows me another movie / song from 1976 or prior of which Sivaji was a part)...

This song is again for Kamal - Jayachithra.

More popular SPB-PS duet from that movie, per my observation, than the song posted earlier. Once again, was not popular with me Embarassed

I must admit, however, that I love that extra portion thrown in the second saraNam. (சந்தனம் பன்னீரின் அருவி to மனம் தழுவி)

That's quite special!

This song has its own youtube Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLRw7-buz_I

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 31
கல்யாணக் கோவிலின் தெய்வீகக் கலசம்
(சத்யம், 1976)

rA.mu.31 of SPB
kalyANakkOvilin deiveegak kalasam
(Sathyam, 1976, with PS)
Lyric : Kannadasan (or Rajagopal)

கல்யாணக் கோவிலின் தெய்வீகக் கலசம்
கண்களில் தெரியுது தெளிவாக
வானப்பட்டு மேகம் காதல் தட்டில் ஏறி
ஆடட்டும் ஓடட்டும் ஆனந்தம் பாடட்டும் கண்ணே (கண்ணா)

வாழையும் கமுகும் தோரணப் பந்தல்
மணவறை மணிச்சங்கு மணி தீபங்கள்
தோழியர் கேலி தோகையர் வாழ்த்து
சொர்க்கத்தில் உண்டாகும் சுக ராகங்கள்
இந்தக்கனவானது என்று நனவாகுமோ
அதை தெய்வங்கள் கூறட்டும் சொந்தங்கள் சேரட்டும் கண்ணா

சந்தனம் பன்னீரின் அருவி
தரையில் நடக்கும் மணம் பரவி
மந்திரம் வேதங்கள் முழங்கி
மயக்கம் கொடுக்கும் மனம் தழுவி

மங்கலம் நீந்தும் குங்குமச் சாந்து
மல்லிகை மலர்மாலை பெண் பாதியும்
கைகளில் காப்பு கால்களில் வெள்ளி
கனிவுறு தலைப்பாகை ஆண் பாதியும்
இன்ப மணநாளன்றோ அந்தத்திருநாள் என்றோ
அதை தெய்வங்கள் கூறட்டும் சொந்தங்கள் சேரட்டும் கண்ணே

Let me summarize the list of numbers from NT movies and post it separately, before moving on to the remaining Kamal-SPB songs of pre-IR period.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Tue May 06, 2014 8:04 pm

App, nothing much to add on these songs, except perhaps that there is also a pathos version of 'Kalyna kovilil' which is a PS solo.

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Yes sir, that 'kalyANakkovilin' pathos version was on radio every now and then, much to my dislike Embarassed

Looks like we've improved upon the old tfmpage list by a few extra songs (mAdhennaippadaiththAn, my song is for you, azhagAm kodi siRidhu)...

Summary list of pre-IR SPB songs in NT movies:

#13 pottu vaiththa mugamO
#14 engaL veettu thangaththEril (not for NT)
#15 ulagil iraNdu kiLigaL (not for NT)
#16 muLLillA rOjA (not for NT)
#17 enna solla enna solla (not for NT)
#18 iraNdil onRu nee ennidam sollu
#19 uLLam pO enRadhu (not for NT)
#20 yamunA nadhi ingE

(We had to break for two MGR songs, thanks to Saravanan sir)

#23 eththanai azhagu kottikkidakkudhu
#24 mullaippoo pallakku pOvadhengE (not for NT)
#25 bhoomiyil thenRal ponnAdai pOduthu (not for NT)
#26 my song is for you
#27 mAdhennaip padaiththAn unakkAga (not for NT)
#28 kAdhal kadhai solvEnO
#29 padagu padagu
#30 azhagaAm kodi siRidhu (not for NT)
#31 kalyANakkOvilin deiveega kalasam (not for NT)

So, total 17 songs - out of which only 7 songs for NT Smile
(Out of that 7 too, at least two were for "son" character while the appA char was the main hero)

Well, SPB was obviously a very distant second behind TMS in NT movies, i.e only if we take songs for side characters into account.

If not, his presence was not much during those 8 years from the time of his arrival to the TF field (not even one song per year for the nadigar thilagam).

(Fortunately for him, KJY too didn't enjoy a much better track record here, unlike in the case of MGR movies).

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next