Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

+10
counterpoint
Raaga_Suresh
Saravanan
baroque
Drunkenmunk
groucho070
plum
V_S
Usha
app_engine
14 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 3 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Well, I've got another discovery that wasn't in the tfmpage list Smile

Another song from a NT movie but not for him. (Once again this is for Sivakumar, from the same year 1971).

Also, MSV udhavi Govardhanam / Joseph Krishna

The difference in this case is the lyricist - Vaali.

SPB gets to sing with LRE here (I'm not sure if this was his first with LRE, there could be others prior to this but we come across this for the first time in a NT movie).

Both "TRY" to do mukkal-munagals (as the song is obviously about physical intimacy and udal uRavu). However, I've never liked LRE style of such shiverings and this song fails miserably on that count.

One can also see that SPB was fancied for such songs during that time period itself (while morally upright, serious, thaththuvam kind of numbers went the TMS way Embarassed).

Also, though this song was not a big hit (I don't remember hearing this much at all), the lines seemed to have effect on later-day lyricists (like Vairamuthu who got inspired by many ideas here: "உடல் குளிர்ந்தது - மனம் கொதித்தது" kind of stuff Laughing)...

என்ன சொல்ல என்ன சொல்ல - சொல்லித்தர நானிருக்கேன்
மெல்ல மெல்ல விளங்கும்போது மயக்கமே
என்ன சுகம் என்ன சுவை - அள்ளித்தர நானிருக்கேன்
தொட்டுத்தொட்டுத் தொடங்கும்போது நடுக்கமே

நான் தொடுத்த முத்திரைக்கு நன்றி சொல்
நன்றியென்ன என்னையே நீ கொண்டு செல் 
எடுத்துக்கொள்ளவோ? - தடுத்துச்செல்லவோ?
இடையணைக்கவோ? - தடை விதிக்கவோ?
எதுவும் சொந்தமோ? எழுதிச்சொல்லவோ?
தழுவக்கூடுமோ? நழுவிப்போகுமோ?

ஓரிடத்தில் விழி இரண்டின் சங்கமம்
ஒருவருக்கு ஒருவர் தந்த சம்மதம்
வழி தெரிந்தது - நதி நடந்தது
கரை கடந்தது - கடல் கலந்தது
விழி சிவந்தது - வாய் வெளுத்தது
உடல் குளிர்ந்தது - மனம் கொதித்தது 

Another thing is all these movies of NT were possibly remakes of Hindi movies (if one sees the titles, there are "moolakkadhai" references to northies). That way, such sichchuvEshans were possibly in the originals and had to be accommodated in the remakes...

In any case, all these songs that SPB did in NT movies of 1971 seem to add support to my theory. That he was mainly used for secondary heroes (4 out of 5 songs in that 1971 NT movies) while the main numbers went to TMS...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-qJOxY6v2E

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 17
என்ன சொல்ல என்ன சொல்ல
(பாபு, 1971)

rA.mu.17 of SPB
enna solla enna solla (Babu, 1971, with LRE)
MD : MSV
Lyric : Vaali

app_engine

Back to top Go down

SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found! - Page 3 Empty Re: SPB's "pre-IR" TFM songs / status - only 191 could be found!

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 am

The popularity of 'pottu vaiththa mugamO' possibly convinced Sivaji that SPB too can sing for him (and he need not restrict to TMS)...so, the subsequent year had another SPB-B Vasantha number for the same pair NT-JJ.

kavingar - mellisai mannar combo and the song was a hit.

Personally, I never liked that song and got irritated whenever it got played in radio those days (and I never knew that it was a Sivaji song). Some people like SPB's singing in this song but to me it sounded atrocious (and I felt the same today, when I listened to it after many years...)

In any case, the 'iLamai' situation possibly convinced NT to have SPB do this Smile

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 18
இரண்டில் ஒன்று நீ என்னிடம் சொல்லு
(ராஜா, 1972)

rA.mu.18 of SPB
iraNdil onRu nee ennidam sollu (Raja, 1972, with B Vasantha)
Lyric : Kannadasan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjD4VL33cnY

இரண்டில் ஒன்று நீ என்னிடம் சொல்லு
என்னைவிட்டு வேறே யாரு உன்னைத்தொடுவார்

பாலுக்குள்ளே வெண்ணெய் உண்டு நான் அறிவேன்
பாவைக்குள்ளே எண்ணம் உண்டு நீ அறிவாய்
நாலுக்குள்ளே ரெண்டும் உண்டு மூன்றும் உண்டு
உன் நாடகத்தில் காதல் உண்டு நானும் உண்டு
திறந்த கண்ணில் பெண் மறைந்து கொண்டாள்
கண் உள்ளே போன எண்ணம் எங்கும் பறந்து போகாது

தாளைப்போட்டு மூடிக்கொண்டால் தாகம் தீராது
முந்தானை போட்டு மூடிக்கொண்டால் மோகம் தீராது
வானை விட்டு வேறே எங்கும் மேகம் போகாது
உன் வண்ணம் தொட்டுக்  கன்னம் கொஞ்ச நேரம் ஆகாது
என் அல்லி ராணி என் அருகில் வா நீ
நான் முள்ளில்லாத ரோஜாப்பூவைக் கிள்ளிப்பார்க்கின்றேன்

மெத்தை போடும் தேவன் என்று என்னைச்சொல்லம்மா
நீ அத்தை பெற்ற பிள்ளை என்று எண்ணிக்கொள்ளம்மா
வித்தை ஒன்றைக் கற்றுக்கொள்ள வாத்தியாரம்மா
நீ கற்றுக்கொள்ள என்னை விட்டால் வேறே யாரம்மா
இணைந்து நில்லு நீ அணைந்து கொள்ளு
நான் எங்கோ போவேன் அங்கே எல்லாம் உன்னை எடுத்து

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:19 pm

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 19
உள்ளம் போ என்றது நெருங்கிப்பார் என்றது
(ஞான ஒளி, 1972)

rA.mu.19 of SPB
uLLam pO enRadhu nerungippAr enRadhu
(gnAna oLi(?), 1972, with LRE)

I've put a question mark next to the movie's name because the info cannot be authenticated. There are websites that host the song (pAdum nilA SPB blog, inbaminge.com hosting the songs etc) but there's no otherwise information.

One notable thing is absence of SPB's name in the movie titles Embarassed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6dVxnrgbRY

Two other songs of this movie were extremely popular (dEvanE ennaippArungaL & maNa mEdai malargaLudan deepam) and the third one was known to me because I watched the movie (ammA kaNNu summA sollu Asai illaiyO).

This song is not in the movie (as per that SPB blog and another blog) and there's no SPB name in the titles. It could very well be from another movie...the best way to confirm this is check with Murali Srinivas sir (or another NT expert) but I'm not sure if this song is worthy of such hunts Embarassed

Two things are clear : 1. SPB is the singer 2. This was pre-IR TFM (that way, it fits this thread, while other details are quite suspect).

I've heard it a couple of times on radio those days but never cared for it. (BTW, this is another discovery that was not part of that TFMpage listtu)!

To listen to the song : http://www.divshare.com/download/13181396-96d

உள்ளம் போ என்றது நெருங்கிப்பார் என்றது
காதலின் வேதனை மாலையில் தீர்ந்தது

கைகள் இரண்டும் தோளில் விழுந்து பின்னல் போடுதே
கண்னம் இரண்டும் பின்னால் அணைந்து ஏதோ பேசுதே
கிள்ளாதே - தள்ளாதே - தழுவட்டும் மெல்ல - சங்கதி சொல்ல
இதுமட்டும் போதாதே

பெண்ணைப்பிடித்துக் கையில் வளைத்துத் துன்பம் செய்வதோ
துன்பம் உனக்கு இன்பம் கொடுக்கும் சொந்தம் அல்லவோ
இன்னும் என்னவோ - இன்றே சொல்லவோ - எதுவரை போகும் - அதுவரை போவோம்
உறவுக்குத் தடையேது

கூந்தல் விரித்து வாழை மரத்தின் கோலம் காணவோ
ஏங்கும் கரத்தில் ஏதோ கொடுத்து ஏக்கம் தீர்க்கவோ
ராணி பருவ தாகமோ - ராஜா அதிக மோகமோ - தேவைக்குக்கொஞ்சம் - நாளைக்கு இன்னும்

Last edited by app_engine on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 pm

BTW, a later-day MSV song, 'thillu mullu thillu mullu uLLamellAm kaLLu mullu' (sung by SPB again, in the famous thillumullu movie) has some pallavi resemblences to this 'uLLam pO enRadhu'...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:50 pm

NT / MSV rasigar confirms the song is from gnAna oLi

ragasuda wrote:
And many of the present generation would not even heard of the song "Ullam Po Endradhu" sung by L.R. Easwari and S.P. Balasubramaniam for the film Gnana Oli. This tune would some what be similar to Thillu Mullu title song thillu mullu. This song was picturised with (Jeya) Kowsalya and Paapji (starred as Sarada's daughter and Major's son respectively. They would be riding in bicycle and MSV would have used cycle bell ... as a rhythm for the song. This song was featured in the film for a very very short period ... say for first two or three days and removed to reduce the duration. But this song was played in the vivid bharathi until a few weeks before the release of the film.
V. Raghavendran

It's interesting that he had also talked about my observation on "thillu-mullu" connection Smile

mikka nanRi, plum, for providing this link on twitter Smile

I don't know why they removed SPB's name from titles and revised it Embarassed

(Well, I should be happy because it only supports my theory that SPB didn't enjoy much clout in the pre-IR period Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Those were all in that year 1972 for SPB from the NT camp - just 2 (of which only one as pinnaNi for him, like the prior year).

Moving on to 1973, we have the biggie movie gauravam, where SPB got the opportunity to sing for NT again. (Fortunately for SPB, there were two Sivaji roles, one old & another youththu - so, SPB got to sing for the nephew Wink)

That way, while TMS got the opportunity to sing those 'neeyum nAnumA kaNNA' & 'pAlootti vaLarththa kiLi' powerful numbers for the Barrister Rajinikanth, SPB got the melodious yamunA nadhi ingE for the cute kuttippaiyan Kannan Smile

We don't have to even think a second before concluding it was Kavingar who penned the songs Smile

In the titles, however, there are some comedy stuff! 

a) கவிச்சக்கரவர்த்தி கண்ணதாசன் it says Smile

b) Two assistants for this movie - சுப்பு கண்ணதாசன் & அரசு நாச்சியப்பன்...I used to wonder what even one asst could have been doing, seeing PA's name in titles often. Now, here, KD needed two (reminded me of my close friend who recently passed away - at one point of time, he used to regularly go to bar straight from work and two fellows accompanied him always for the free booze...)

MSV had Joseph Krishna as his asst, as per the same titles.

AWESOME composition, classic!
(Both SPB & PS sing sweetly as well!)

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 20
யமுனா நதி இங்கே
(கௌரவம், 1973)

rA.mu.20 of SPB
yamunA nadhi ingE
(gauravam, 1973, with PS)

யமுனா நதி இங்கே, ராதை முகம் இங்கே, கண்ணன் போவதெங்கே?
கொஞ்சும் மணி இங்கே, கோவைக்கிளி இங்கே, மன்னன் போவதெங்கே?

நினைக்கும் நினைப்போ புரிகின்றது சிரிக்கும் சிரிப்போ அழைக்கின்றது
கண்ணனின் ஆசைகள் காற்றினில் போவதோ சொல்லடி என் பைங்கிளி

ஜொலிக்கும் உடம்பு துடிக்கின்றது அணைத்தும் மயக்கம் பிறக்கின்றது
ராதையின் பார்வையில் போதையும் இல்லையோ பாருங்களேன் கண்களை

பயத்தில் மனது தவிக்கின்றது இருந்தும் விருந்தை நினைக்கின்றது
கொடுத்தால் பயமும் குறைகின்றது எடுத்தால் சுகமும் வருகின்றது
மாலைகளானதும் நீ சொல்லும் நாடகம் - காத்திருப்பேன் மன்னவா!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gra_9_lOTRc

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm

app_engine wrote:
b) Two assistants for this movie - சுப்பு கண்ணதாசன் & அரசு நாச்சியப்பன்...I used to wonder what even one asst could have been doing, seeing PA's name in titles often. Now, here, KD needed two (reminded me of my close friend who recently passed away - at one point of time, he used to regularly go to bar straight from work and two fellows accompanied him always for the free booze...)

<I used to wonder what even one asst could have been doing> PA usually wrote the songs as Kaviarasar dictated. That is the job of an asst for Kannadasan who would often arrive in a mabbu Razz I've read gossips that PA suruttified a few of the poems recited in mabbu by the poet and used them later. But those are just rumors.

<Now, here, KD needed two> Interesting because KD had a fallout with PA during the film. KD was in Malaysia when the film was going on. He is known for his love of Malaysia and extended his stay there and missed a few dates, such as writing for this film. PA ventured to the producers of this film that he would the songs instead of KD (who had been booked) and urged the producer/director/MSV to consider him. They refused and when KD came back, this was reported to him. KD, always full of emotions, took offence and fired PA away and used these 2 (possibly each wrote a few songs separately as and when KD came to record). So "Neeyum Naanuma Kanna Neeyum Naanuma" and "Paalooti VaLartha KiLi" are also what KD felt towards PA Smile That the words expressed themselves beautifully through barrister Rajinikanth's character and services it in the film too showcases KD's genius.

Of course, KD being KD was quick to forgive PA and accepted him back as an asst. But KD did have a Gauravam-esque tiff with PA during this movie Smile

This song has an important part in my memory. This was part of a cassette (of which dad bought 2 when I was 12) with KD written duets handpicked by KD as his favorites. The cassettes were titled நான் பேச நினைப்பதெல்லாம் and were the earliest intros to me to old songs alongside FM Rainbow and Gold. That way, this is one of the earliest "old songs" I heard and liked Smile Unfortunately the cassettes were thrown away a few yrs back but somehow, I created a playlist of the 20 songs from the cassettes a year back (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88WREnjAp28&list=PLn4GJpNVAHez0fT6bkXYCnJeKOi2tWQ_E&index=2 ) from memory. MSV is too good here! Uses vocal counterpoints in the pallavi after second charanam (without being taught like Raaja was!) and uses the same set of 2 tunes for another counterpoint in the final pallavi with vocals and violins! What MSV did with minimal training in instrumental is phenomenal.
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Drunkenmunk wrote: Uses vocal counterpoints in the pallavi after second charanam (without being taught like Raaja was!) and uses the same set of 2 tunes for another counterpoint in the final pallavi with vocals and violins! What MSV did with minimal training in instrumental is phenomenal.

IMG, such indulgences in MSV songs were MOSTLY the handiwork of his able assistants Embarassed
(That's why he needed those church guys - Henry Daniel / Joseph Krishna kinds - to get such basic WCM stuff.)

Also, per what thumburu wrote some time ago, such could have been also "inspired" from those western LP's which were often used as "references" Laughing

From whatever one reads around, MSV was primarily the melody maker. He definitely had an ear for instrumental portions, strong on percussion dept. etc but had to lean on his partner (TKR) or other assistants for arrangements / instrumental portions / interludes etc.

Which was the reason for inconsistency in that department post the split of MSV-TKR. In one album it will be nice and another bland.

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunkenmunk Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 pm

app_engine wrote:
Which was the reason for inconsistency in that department post the split of MSV-TKR. In one album it will be nice and another bland.

Exactly. And works well here. Interesting...
Drunkenmunk
Drunkenmunk

http://raajasongadaykeepsboredomaway.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 am

Nice listing of SPB songs in MGR films. App_Engine, Naalai Namdhe had one SPB-LRE duet as well: 'Loving is a game' ( the Tamil equivalent of meri soni).

Also in 1976 you can include 'Catch me if you can' from Oorukku Uzgaippavan.

Post 1976, remember to add 'ungalil nam annavai paarkiren' from Navarathinam (1977)

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Saravanan wrote:Nice listing of SPB songs in MGR films. App_Engine, Naalai Namdhe had one SPB-LRE duet as well: 'Loving is a game' ( the Tamil equivalent of meri soni).

Also in 1976 you can include 'Catch me if you can' from Oorukku Uzgaippavan.

Post 1976, remember to add 'ungalil nam annavai paarkiren' from Navarathinam (1977)

Great!

Thank you so much for such rare info!!

Fantastic first post by you, sir!

This kind of rare thagaval combined with your handle, Saravanan, makes me wonder if you are "dhool Saravanan", are you, sir?

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Yes Sir!

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Saravanan wrote:Yes Sir!

Thank you so much for visiting & posting here!

I am thrilled and humbled!

மிக்க நல்வரவு!

Please continue to thrill us Smile

I can't say how much I appreciated those gems you posted on dhool - every now and then I look around there for valuable information & inspiration!!

Once again, I really appreciate your sEvai for TFM!

the clap
applause

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:17 pm

I happened upon this site through Rakesh (we're fb friends Smile- he posted a link in FB, and here I am! Happy to be here as well and thanks for the warm welcome !

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  Usha Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Welcome Dhool Saravanan.........

Usha

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Wow! What a day!! Saravanan sir welcome here. I have heard a lot about you from App ji & plum. Dhool site use to be our reference for innumerable rare songs and glorius write-ups. Great to have to hear. Please come often and write about your thoughts on music. Thanks Appji and grouch for inspiring him to visit our forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raaga_Suresh Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi Saravanan,

A warm welcome.

Your writeup on Janaki in Malayalam FM is one of my favorite articles. I go to know the music of Baburaj and Shyam due to your article. Thanks a lot.

It will be great if you write here as well and share your knowledge with fans here.

Raaga_Suresh

Back to top Go down

Post  plum Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Hearty welcome Saravanan sir. idhu nAL varaikkin carefreeyA forum nadathikittirundhOm...ippO romba poRuppA irukkaNUmE..haiyayyo sokkA enna paNNvOm epdi paNNuvOm !!!

are you in touch with OISG, who is my aadarsha internet forumer ever?

plum

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks to Saravanan sir, we can include two "vittuppOna" MGR songs in this listing Smile

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 21
லவிங் இஸ் எ கேம்
(நாளை நமதே, 1975)

rA.mu.21 of SPB
loving is a game
(nALai namadhE, 1975, with LRE)
Lyric : Vaali

I had to search around to get a link for the nALai namadhE song, "loving is a game":
http://bajao.biscoot.com/onlinemusic/naalai-namathey/loving-is-a-game-115195

It's an interesting song, with SPB doing voice acrobatics (garjanai sounds) and Vaali (who is the only lyricist credited in the titles) writing some paLLiyaRai lyrics...

லவிங் இஸ் எ கேம்
லெட்ஸ் டேக் த நேம்

என் இடையிலும் மடியிலும் தொடங்கட்டும் விளையாட்டு
கண் விழியிலும் மொழியிலும் மலரட்டும் புதுப்பாட்டு

உன் இதழ்களில் வடிகின்ற புது வித மது ஊட்டு (ஊற்று?)
கண் மயங்கிட நெருங்கிடப்  பல வித சுகம் காட்டு

வாலிபம் என்பது கவிதை என்றாவது வஞ்சியர் விழியாலே
அதில் அடங்கிய வார்த்தைக்கு ஆயிரம் பொருள் சொல்லும் ஆனந்த மொழியாலே
அன்னம் உலாவும் அன்புத்தடாகம் என்றும் நானல்லவா
உன் பள்ளியில் காலையில் வெள்ளி வரும் வரை துள்ளும் மானல்லவா

சரசம் (சாரசம்?) என்றொரு கீதத்தை உன்னுடன் சாதகம் செய்திடவா?
அதை சாதகம் செய்கையில் தோன்றிடும் ஸ்வரங்களை மேனியில் எழுதிடவா?
முத்தம் இடாத பட்டுப்புறாவின் மாடம் நானல்லவா?
என் சிற்றிடை முழுவதும் ஒத்திகை பார்த்திட உதவும் நாளல்லவா?

I could not find any youtube links for the song alone... and do not have interest / patience / spare time to get to it in the movie youtube parts Embarassed

Obviously, a discovery and addition to the tfmpage list that I got from the link in the first page of this thread...

Last edited by app_engine on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 am

Thank you Usha, V-S, Raaga Suresh & Plum for your kind words and welcome! Will try to pull in OISG too.

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 am

Another addition to the tfmpage-borrowed-list, MGR-SPB combo song, thanks to Saravanan Sir...

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 22
இட்ஸ் ஈஸி டு ஃபூல் யூ  
(ஊருக்கு உழைப்பவன், 1976)

rA.mu.22 of SPB
It's easy to fool you...catch me if you can
(oorukku uzhaippavan, 1976, with Usha Uthup)
Lyric : Vaali / Randor Guy

The Thamizh portions were by Vaali & English by Madabhushi Rangadorai aka Randor Guy Smile

I'm listening to the song for the first time Embarassed

All the other songs had KJY and are quite popular and very familiar to me - pillaiththamizh (not piLLaiththamizh Laughing ) pAdukiREn, idhu dhAn mudhal rAththiri, iravuppAdakan oruvan vandhAn...

Well, I looked around the net and got the lyrics and a youtube link that does not have video but lyrics on screen :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFxdBXK7C9s

It's easy to fool you
To twist and turn you
Catch me if you can
Come, try, O my man!

கண்ணடித்த காட்சி கண்டு காலடிக்குள் வீழ்ந்த பேர்கள் கோடி
நீல விண்ணடித்த மின்னலொன்று வட்டமிட்டு வந்ததிங்கு பாடி!

Join me, let's go gay gay gay
hum tum pyAr karEngE
Oh it's easy to fool you!

Hey, me?
Not so easy to fool
I am nobody's tool
What I feel I always do
Come, yours, without ado? Ha!
It's easy to fool you
To twist and turn you
Catch me if you can
Come, try, O my woman!

கள் மயக்கம் பெண் மயக்கம் என்னவென்று கண்டதில்லை நான் நான் 
என்னை ஏய்ப்பதற்கும் சாய்ப்பதற்கும் யார் நினைத்தும் ஆவதில்லை வீண் தான்

hum tum pyAr karEngE

O, yeah! That's the name of game
Just to tease and trick
Let's see who wins the fame
Come, get me, pretty quick!

அந்தரங்கம் என்னவென்று கண்டு கொள்ள வந்தவன் நான் இன்று
ஏதோ மந்திரங்கள் தந்திரங்கள் சுந்தரப்பெண் உன்னிடத்தில் உண்டு

hum tum pyAr karEngE

One thing is very clear - konjam vittirundhAL they could have turned SPB into a niche-area fellow (like Saibaba, Usha Uthup kinds) Laughing

Anyways, some fun in diving into past history Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:01 am

Updated all-time SPB list in MGR movies:

Before IR, covered earlier:

#1 ஆயிரம் நிலவே வா
#2 வெற்றி மீது வெற்றி வந்து என்னைச்சேரும்
#3 நீராழி மண்டபத்தில் தென்றல் நீந்தி வரும் நள்ளிரவில்
#4 மாலை நேரத்தென்றல் என்ன பாடுதோ
#5 இரண்டு கண்கள் பேசும் மொழியில்
#6 அவள் ஒரு நவரச நாடகம்
#7 இரவுகளைப் பார்த்ததுண்டு உறவுகளைப் பார்த்ததில்லை
#8 அங்கே வருவது யாரோ
#9 பாடும் போது நான் தென்றல் காற்று
#10 நான் ஒரு மேடைப்பாடகன்
#11 அன்பு மலர்களே
#12 இதழே இதழே தேன் வேண்டும்

Before IR, new additions, thanks to Saravanan sir:

#21 லவிங் இஸ் எ கேம்
#22 இட்ஸ் ஈஸி டு ஃபூல் யூ

After IR, earlier mentioned:

என் யோக ஜாதகம் (இன்று போல் என்றும் வாழ்க)
நேரம் பௌர்ணமி நேரம் (மீனவ நண்பன்)

Reminded by Saravanan sir now:

உங்களில் நம் அண்ணாவைப் பார்க்கிறேன் (நவரத்தினம்)

So, total of SPB songs for MGR : Before IR: 14, After IR :3 Total 17 songs Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Back to SPB songs in NT movies, prior to the arrival of IR...

Looks like 1973 had that sole 'yamunA nadhi ingE'...NT did many movies that year, including some big bud stuff (rAja rAja chOzhan, for e.g.) but SPB got just one song in that year from his movies, as per my googling skills Smile

Moving on to 1974, we have an easy pick - the superhit song from the remake of ArAdhanA, Sivakamiyin selvan Smile

Movie was a remake but songs were NOT - as MSV wanted to stick to his own melodies (of course, in this song, we have some "inspiration" for the instrumental portions that identify 'roop tErA mastAnA' but the melody itself is MSV's own!).

It appears that right around this time, SPB started becoming the automatic choice for such matRa / kiLukiLu songs Laughing  While all other songs were given to TMS, SPB got picked for this bedroom number by MSV / NT team Smile

I couldn't authenticate the information from wiki (and such sources) on the lyricist with any kind of graphic proof Embarassed 

So, for the time being, going with Pulamaippiththan, as these sources say.

This song was definitely a big favourite with me those days (even though I didn't understand the actual meaning or didn't know what kind of scene it depicted) Embarassed and I enjoy listening to it even now as much as I did then!

SPB is terrific!

the clap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EulzOlQCiC8

எத்தனை அழகு கொட்டிக்கிடக்குது
எப்படி மனசை தட்டிப்பறிக்குது
அம்மம்மா உடலெங்கும் சிலிர்க்குது
அங்கங்கே இளமையும் துடிக்குது

தினம் வந்து கொஞ்சும் மலர் கொண்ட மஞ்சம்
இதழ் கேட்கும் நெஞ்சம் இருந்தாலும் அஞ்சும்
அம்மம்மா உடலெங்கும் சிலிர்க்குது
அங்கங்கே இளமையும் துடிக்குது

உதட்டுக்கனிக்குள் இருக்கும் சிவப்பு
விழிக்குள் நடக்கும் விருந்தைப் படைக்கும்
செந்தாழம்பூ மலரவும் சிந்தாமல் தேன் பருகவும்
ஒரே சுகம் தினம் தினம் வரும் வரும்

அணைத்துச்சுவைக்கும் நினைப்பில் துடிக்கும்  
மனதில் நடுக்கம் விலக்கித்தடுக்கும்
பெண் பார்வை தான் கனிரசம், கண் பார்வை தான் மதுரசம்
ஒரே சுகம் தினம் தினம் வரும் வரும்

எஸ்பிபி / ரா.மு./ 23
எத்தனை அழகு கொட்டிக்கிடக்குது  
(சிவகாமியின் செல்வன், 1974)

rA.mu.23 of SPB
eththanai azhagu kottikkidakkudhu
(Sivakamiyin selvan, 1974)
Lyric : Pulamaippiththan

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Saravanan Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Tamil version of Roop Tera Mastana!

Saravanan

Back to top Go down

Post  counterpoint Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:28 pm

One of  SPB's all-time best songs in the 70s came around 1976 in Muththana muthallavo. It is the classic "enakkoru kaadhali irukindraal" a duet with MSV.

Other favourites:

angum ingum-avargal(maybe after 76)
aval oru navarasa naadagam
pottu vaitha mugamo-sumathi en sundari
maadhamo aavaNi
samsaaram enbadhu veenai - mayangugiraal oru maadhu
vaazhvil sowbghiyam vandhadhu - thoondil meen

counterpoint

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next