Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films

+16
D22_Malar
mythila
kv
Sakalakala Vallavar
fring151
plum
baroque
prasannaR
sagi
mayilSK
Bala (Karthik)
இசை
app_engine
Usha
Drunkenmunk
V_S
20 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films

Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_lcap6%Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_lcap6%Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_lcap24%Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_lcap12%Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_lcap12%Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Empty Re: Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films

Post  mythila Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:26 am

I would like to nominate 1. naan paadum paadal - a woman's undying love for her 'dead and gone' husband. It has 3 romantic melodies a. devan kovil b. paadum vaanambadi c. seer kondu vaa , all of which carry me off to the land full of roses. There is also a heart tugging 'paadavaa un paadalai'  - her cry  for her beloved, sensing the impending danger zone he is in. There is only one unpalatable GA sung number 'machaana vechukkadi' that can be walked upon.
My second nomination goes for 'vaidehi kaathirundhaaL'. This one is a story about yearning for that elusive love that never was .All melody soaked numbers. I cannot think of a better romance filled song other than 'indraikku yEn indha AnandhamE'. I am sure app sir would vouch for all the 'dhAdi vitta devadas' of his time humming 'rAsAthi onna' or 'kAthirundhu' . For bonus , you can also have the rustic 'mEgam karukkayiLlE' . For this album, the theme could be 'longing ...'
Finally, a luv sans longing is akin to a coffee without aroma

mythila

Back to top Go down

Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films - Page 5 Empty Re: Best Soundtrack from Maestro's Love subject Films

Post  fring151 Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:00 am

+1 for Naan paadum paadal. Paadum vaanambadi, Seer kondu vaa, Devan koil. Strong case.

fring151

Back to top Go down

Post  D22_Malar Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:22 pm

I never have seem to like the movies with sad/someone always dies (climax-la twist veikerangalamaam') endings. They just seem to be too filmy' for me. 

Don't  always expect 'happily ever after' endings, but somehow sad/bad endings is no-no for me. 

I have seen all of these listed movies, (Yes, aaall of them)  Embarassed 

I can watch any level of 'sumaar munji kumar of a movie as long IR is holding the music baton. That's all I need/requirement  Smile 

My picks - no particular order

Idhayam  (My most favourite BGMs)

Payangangal Mudivathillai

Gunaa

Geethanjali (Tg)

Panneer Pushpangal 

Kizhakku Vaasal 

Mouna Raagam 

Raajapaarvai

Vaidheghi Kathirunthaal (not sure if this one qualifies)

Kadalora Kavithaigal 

Gopura Vasalile 

Sembaruthi (not sure if it will qualify,  memorable songs)

Punnagai Mannan 

Puthu Kavithai 

Alaigal Oivathillai 

Johnny 

Aavarampoo

Meera

Nadodi Tendral 

Ponnumani
D22_Malar
D22_Malar

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks mythila and Malar for your picks. Thanks for choosing Idhayam. Yes my most favorite films especially for the score. It was surprising Idhayam was not chosen so far. Going to post about it in a short while. If anyone has not seen that movie, please watch and vote for it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Idhayam – One film which is very close to my heart and will remain for ever, the main reason being the right age when I watched this film with abundant college memories. The right age which looks for beauty everywhere you turn around. The age which does not know which is correct or wrong. I still remember how some of my friends ridiculed me since I watched this movie many times. At one point of time they didn't accompany me. Such was the passion I had for this movie at that time. One of the main reason is the story is so close to what I have experienced in my college days. I believe it would be for many. Something stops us for exhibiting our thoughts for some reason.  Those kind of hesitation and (some wrong) decision making was the norm of the college days which the movie brought out so profoundly well which was a big happy surprise. The small poems which the film carried as another theme for expressing love is another biggest attraction and the music associated with it. The film is little unrealistic at some places, but didn't take away its positives. This movie and music was the love anthem for many like me.

Second biggest thing is I could recall the time I watched PayanangaL mudivathillai and this movie where I had a better grasp of everything, especially the music. Almost these are the times I started focusing more on the background score (especially after Nayagan) and discuss among friends. If there is one film where I know all the BGMs by heart where it would appear (apart from SRR), it would be this film. It really tells how our heart beats for our loved ones. Needless to say how would I have felt after watching this movie for the first time? Nothing more to say. Heart weeps.

Some excerpts of BGM here including the title BGM.

[EDIT] Another Link (with better quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7w3rdbJ3Ok Please don't miss the bass lines; the counter-point.

Thanks to all YT uploaders without them we cannot be even discussing these scores.

Last edited by V_S on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:48 pm

இதயம் - இதுவரை பார்க்காத படம் Embarassed

I've read many times about the great BGM of this movie...should give a try some day...

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Yes, please watch soon Smile I don't know if you will like now. I watch it only in that same frame of mind even now.

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Guna – Where to start and how to end? A total departure from all movies I had seen earlier (and the movies I am going to watch in future too), especially all love stories. What thinking by Kamal and what an execution! Till first hour 45 minutes or so, I didn’t understand what this movie is all about. Kamal was always chanting Abirami. Where is she? Is he referring to Goddess? What kind of movie is this? I was almost scratching my head. Nevertheless till we get to see Abirami, the movie races way too fast and keeps us occupied with the hospital, stealing scenes, brothel, sarcasm, comedy etc. The temple stealing scene was one breath-taking effort in any cinema. I still remember I could not control my excitement. The location where he lives. Everything picture perfect! Visual poetry. Most of all Kamal’s performance. Never seen him like this before. After we get to see his real Abirami, the movie straightaway went as God’s creation and I can’t imagine how many times I would have watched it despite many of friends forcing and taking me to Thalapathi. I even entered the cinema hall to watch Thalapathi (for repeated viewing, as both released on a DeepavaLi day) and returned to watch this movie. Such is the passion I had for this movie, still I do. I will never again see a film like this and a love story like this.

I still remember I am first one who bought the cassette of this movie songs in my town. All my friends were ridiculing as none of the songs made an impact at first listen. Most of the songs ended soon as it started, which they didn’t like. Especially, paartha vizhi. Even I wished this song should have been longer.  All those transient feeling went behind after watching the film and the way it was conceived. After watching the film, the cassette played continuously  till it torn. As I am writing this, I hear all musical pieces (score) revolve around me.I returned the hall with heavy heart. Art at its very best. I did understand that I will not understand the love between them as the movie was rightly captioned ‘மனிதர் உணர்ந்து கொள்ள இது மனிதக்காதல் அல்ல, அதையும் தாண்டி புனிதமானது’.

Excerpts of background score. How about voting for this? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Panneer PushpangaL – I didn’t remember much about the movie except for ‘vengaaya saambaarum’  song and VMoorthy’s famous joke, ‘black the clean board’ I mean ‘clean the black board’ very famous during school times. LOL . But I remember liking Alaigal Oiyvathillai more that time compared to this film (need to revalidate AO now). So I watched this film last night with a childlike enthusiasm. It always happens when it comes to picking any film of those days. It’s surprising Bharathi-Vasu made such a film those days. A neatly crafted film with no deviation from the subject. Crisp dialogues. Even if I don’t consider this film as a love film (more of first attraction/adolescence), I can’t leave this film alone as it sure captures the school moments, first attraction, their immaturity, ideal mentor, all leaves a lasting impact after watching the film. The main aspect I love about the film is how the directors approached the plot especially during the climax. Those two friends realize that they are closer towards each other, only when others feel that way. The end is the highlight of the film. Anytime watch!

Even in this kind of subject, Maestro has composed only four songs, can you believe it? He could have easily made it a 8 or 10 songs soundtrack. All the remaining appetite was shown in the form of background score. That’s the confidence we are talking about especially at the earlier stage. You have to surely listen to the faster (instrumental) version of kOdai kaala kaatrE (which was played during their picnic time), absolute Merry. The mouth organ and flute still lingers in my mind. Deeply emotional theme. The same theme comes in different format even with chorus. The whole score is guitar centric that it reflects the youth ebullience perfectly. Not to undermine the violin tracks, generates the consequential theme effectively as always.

One scene I was clapping really hard was when Suresh puts a letter in Shanthi Krishna's desk (in their classroom) apologizing for his mistake. The letter says, 'Sorry for what I did' with a red rose. Just when she reads the letter and turns back to him with a smile, gush violins/cellos start to play (prelude of aanandha raagam song). Goosebumps all over my body. Can't explain that feeling.

Now I really got confused what to vote. This score will tell you why.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:11 pm

V_S wrote:Even in this kind of subject, Maestro has composed only four songs, can you believe it?

கங்கை அமரன் தான் ப்ரொட்யூசர்...இந்த நாலு பாட்டே "விலையின்றி செய்து கொடுத்தது" என்று கேள்வி Smile

பாட்டெல்லாம் தயாரிப்பாளரே எழுதியவை.

இசைக்கருவியாளர்கள் / ஒலிப்பதிவுக்கூடம் என்பவற்றுக்கு அவர் செலவு செய்திருந்தாலே பெரிய விஷயம் Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Even though it is not surprising how he gets that fire and appetite when these kind of dEvagaanams are not even recognized in monetary ways too. Definitely for these kind of songs, even if he had taken couple of decades and charged a huge sum, even that is perfectly acceptable, as the quality is itself such a 'brahmmippu'. Add background score to that. Can't imagine as a mere mortal to give it for free or for few pennies. He has a huge heart which many don't even understand  Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 pm

My first pick from 70's...

mayilu aka 16 vayadhinilE Smile

Just for that 'sendhoorappoovE' (BR's funny picturization of Sridevi's "slow-motion-running" notwithstanding) this album gets an "O+" where O = Outstanding. SJ got one of those truly-deserving-NA's for the number. rAsA's strings background for the song is legendary.

Then there was the PS-MV beauty 'sevvandhippoo mudichcha sellakkA'  (Imagine Kamal calling Sridevi "akkA" and she calling him "ayyA" in return Laughing ) Even during those days of unsophisticated music appreciation by me, I was helped by my cousin to enjoy the sudden & terrific WCM indulgence in the 2nd interlude! That sappANi walk by Kamal for the mELam-backed-lines of saraNam is goosebump stuff (ninaiththavudan silirkkiRadhu)!

Who can ignore the "definition of rustic score" in 'manjakkuLichchu aLLi mudichchu' including all that kulavai and such authentic stuff. And the fantastic combo of shehnai with strings backed by lovely country drum sounds! There is uRumal of urumi mELam in this song filled with innocent pattikkAttu humor. There is also this touching scene of sappANi's paridhAba imagination that can make one's eyes kuLam ("azhagappA azhagappA ANazhagan neeyappA"!

Well, the movie is full of emotionally charged scenes - sappANi is one of the greatest ever portrayals of a pAvam male character on screen and among the finest of Kamal's performances ; and mayilu is easily one of the most authentic TN-village-girl portrayals of the time, effectively handled by Sridevi. And the love that eventually blossoms between the two ("inimE unakku ellAmE nAn dhAnE mayilu?") is heart-pizhinjifying stuff! Even after many watches - decades after the release of the movie - many scenes are fresh and moving!

As posted many times before, I haven't watched the movie during arrival (movie-watching-viradham-years) but listened to the olichithram umpteen times during that time period. When I finally had a chance to watch it during college days, the print wasn't great and the movie was obviously lacking in technical aspects a lot (with the exception of music, of course). Nevertheless, it was emotionally overpowering!

Recent watches on DVD caused similar amounts of emotion - despite knowing most of the dialogs before they were spoken on screen - obvious testimony to the greatness of the film!

Happy to nominate this one as a romantic rAsA score of 70's!

Last edited by app_engine on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:00 am

Enjoying all the posts.  Very Happy 

Would like to post about 3 films now.

Geetanjali - I have only seen the thamizh version. Used to be my most favorite romance film and then I grew up. Take the BGM out and you have a monster dud. There have been better romance songs than the ones in this film, but the BGM, நாடி நரம்பெல்லாம் காதல் ஊரிப்போன ஒருத்தனால தான் முடியும். மனுசனாய்யா அவன் And the mozart I love you bit that suddenly comes out of nowhere in the BGM blows me away every single time.

Johnny - Of course. There are some deviations but the whole film is held together by the Johnny-Archana love plot. And that kind of love is what Vidyasagar was deprived of. Both songs and BGM are top shelf material. I will probably end up voting for this.

NEPV - Much maligned, colossal flop. But I liked the film with some reservations. It is a simple, matter-of-fact, sensible love story told in a casual way. I really like films which are sans any drama. Anyway coming to Raaja, there's absoulutely no need to talk about the songs because save for Thiruvasagam, this is the album of this millenium and not even Raaja can better it. BGM was adequate especially liked the title song on single violin. But have to mention that I was disappointed with the absense of a love theme. Actually if you delete saainthu from the ACD and you have a brilliant love theme with signature Raaja variations played throughout the film.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:36 am

Thanks App ji and Nerd for wonderful posts the clap Really loved App ji's 16 vayathinilE memories and analysis. Very moving when I read about chappaani character. I need to watch the movie again. Nerd, thanks for highlighting NEPV and Geentanjali's score. Cannot miss those one too. Smile Johnny always has a special place in me.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 am

Nice selections, Nerd!

I will also nominate some of them in the coming days Smile
(But I assure not to write anymore about NEPV, after those pages and pages of writing about it in the appropriate threads Laughing )

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:41 am

Though I don't feel strongly about some other movies of 70's, the following albums are top class w.r.t. the theme of romance and are worthy to be nominated purely on the basis of music. So, let me include them as well for that decade:

rAsA's first, annakkiLi Smile

'machchAnappAththeengaLA' exhibits so much of innocent love, blossoming in the heart of a village girl, for her future groom! That the song reverberated around the whole TN at the time of arrival, heralding a new future for TFM, adds to the credentials of the score for any poll!

The other numbers, annakkiLi onnaththEdudhE (both happy and pathos), suththachchambA (despite having to sacrifice her love, the girl happily sings for the marriage of the boy) and sondhamillai bandhamillai (heart-wrenching sOgam) add to the beauty of the album.

The movie was not bad as well - Sujatha gave a great performance, Srikanth did a nice role and Sivakumar was adequate for the role he played in the movie.

Then, there was IR's first album with Sridhar - mukkONakkAdhal expert - iLamai oonjalAdukiRadhu!

'ennadi meenAtchi' in Elvis' style by the SPB-Kamal combo was the anthem of youths then - with bell-bottom pants, step-cut hairstyle. Actually, that started the "mike-wielding-singing-hero" trendu (and not the much later payaNangaL mudivadhillai)!

orE nAL unai nAn is an evergreen classic and thaNNi karuththiruchchu & kiNNaththil thEn vadiththu are my personal favourites! nee kEttAl is an OK song as well.

While IO was a big hit, I didn't watch it until a few years after its release (don't remember watching it more than once). Some parts were interesting...Obviously, the heroine was a big turn-off and so was Jayachithra. (Considering my aversion for Sripriya, it is phenomenal that she totally impressed me in 'avaL appadiththAn' in the recent times, great movie that!) The soundtrack, however, is worth a nomination!

Last edited by app_engine on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 am

kavikkuyil, chittukkuruvi, kAtRinilE varum geetham, grAmaththu aththiyAyam were in the shortlist of mine but I have no idea about how the romance played out in the respective movies. (Never watched).

Accordingly, do not consider them for nomination.

The three other 70's movies in this genre that found a place in my list were by BR:

kizhakkE pOgum rayil (great songs / album, so-so movie, but dropped from nomination because of the irritation with hero and no great like for heroini)

pudhiya vArppugaL (another terrific album, with thamthana & idhayam pOguthE - songs that can easily find place in rAsA's top 100 ever, apart from the sweet vAn mEgangaLE! Never watched the film and don't want to risk nominating it)

niRam mARAtha pookkaL (yet another great album with that Ayiram malargaLE! Dropped from nomination because of dislike of Sudhakar and no great like for Vijayan or the gals)

There ends 70's I think Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:26 pm

While I have only 3 nominations from 70's rAsA (16 vayadhinilE, annakkiLi & IO), I may have more numbers from 80's - simply because I watched too many movies during that time period Embarassed

alaigaL Oyvadhillai - regardless of how much I dislike the movie theme (immature teenage infatuation glorified as luvvu) / picturizations etc - this soundtrack has to find a place in the nominations Embarassed

Simply because the album is right there among all-time-tops of rAsA! Also, both Karthik & Radha are in my "likes" listu Smile

I don't think there's any need to list the songs / give links etc...as each of them are quite etched in the minds of most people who come to this forum the clap

Before shortlisting the nominations / voting etc, I would ask every one to give a "no-distractions" listen to kAdhal Oviyam, pAdum kAviyam Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Tonight's watch reserved for AlaigaL Oiyvathillai Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:47 pm

V_S wrote:Tonight's watch reserved for AlaigaL Oiyvathillai Smile

It got released around the same time as panneer pushpangaL Smile
(My cousin compared both these at the time of release and had harsh criticism of AO but appreciated PP. While I didn't watch the movies at that time, when I viewed both few years later, shared the same opinion)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizzy Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 pm

movie list is tad too overwhelming  Embarassed  shall we break this down to year wise and then decade wise.
my pick would be 'Gopura Vasalile' just for god awesome title score. another movie which just falls flat if not for music.
Priyan has gone record saying that even a retard would make a movie with Raaja/PC @ the helm  Smile 

bala padam in 'title score for dummies aka urshumblingly'  Smile 

wish he does a concept concert with just his title scores.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post  sagi Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 pm

And BSO plays them  Very Happy

Gopura Vaasalile will certainly be one of my nominations. One of my most 'favorite' movies ever. I mean EVER. Must have seen it around 20 times. Not a great film, but a very charming one. Major credit should go to Raaja of course.

sagi

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:09 pm

nenjaththaikkiLLAdhE should definitely feature as one of the most romantic soundtracks ever in TFM. Those two duets 'uRavenum pudhiya vAnil' & 'paruvamE pudhiya pAdal pAdu' are easily among the all-time-top songs of the IR-SPB-SJ combo IMVSO. (And, by extension, they are among the all-time-top songs of rAsA himself).

Add the lovely 'E thenRalE ini nALum pAda vA' to the kitty and it's a honey pot / treasure house! Though I dislike 'mummy pEru mAri', it's just one number and that I can push that aside as some comedy number which cannot do much damage to the overall awesomeness !

The movie is a sweet one too (though not Mahendran's best).

Suhasini's debut (she did a fine job and so were Mohan & Pratap) and no wonder she is a HCIRF to this day Smile 

Movie is supposedly inspiration of Maniratnam's mouna rAgam...NK's BGM too is terrific! Strong nomination!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:52 pm

AlaigaL Oiyvathillai – At last got a chance to revisit again. My faith on this movie still holds. Love subject that too in happening in a village, nothing like that for me. As a kid remember watching this movie and Panner PushpangaL back to back and I liked AO better. I hate to compare both the movies as they are differently handled, even though they have love theme in common. Now after watching both the movies recently and the same thing happened during my school days comparison becomes inevitable. Impact-wise even where there are no bloody fights, twists and stiff opposition to their love, PP wins by a whisker, as a movie. The part that they don’t even know they are attracted to each other in PP is so real vs. they fall in love at that tender age in AO and talking about their marriage is kind of dramatic. Leaving that aside, we know BR’s strengths in the narration and story-telling and the way he carefully handled a sensitive subject of religion. He is a master, no doubt.

Beautiful hilly locations of Ooty or the village at the sea coast? Suresh/Shanthi Krishna pair and acting vs. Karthik/Radha pair and acting?Haunting thagadhOm thagadhOm in Vizhiyil Vizhunthu or the soaring violins in aanandha raagam? Soaring violins or playful mridangam when they express their love? So very difficult to attach to one and not to another. The impact when both express their love or attraction to each other, is slightly more in PP.

Coming to the songs, 4 songs in normal duration, rest short songs. Songs of life time. The biggest difference/highlight between the two films is the score. Since PP is more of a soft tale that too  happening in a town with no dramatic twists, the score reflects with guitar centric themes.  Very soulful. Still Maestro’s usage of violins even beats the soft visuals sometimes. The number of distinct tunes/themes is little less (only compared to AO). I would not have said above statements if I have not watched AO.

On the contrary, AO’s BGM is something out of the blue. In the first half most of the movie score is vocal based with swaras. Mind-blowing. Especially when Vichchu approaches Mary and throws her a love letter and she crushes with her feet, the score is something I have not listened at all. Female sings swaras when Karthik approaches and exactly when she crushes, Raja comes to the fore and cries in pain extending the swaragathi on a different plane. Same way when she slaps him. Apart from this, there is big scope for score since the story has more drama in it and also he has to convey both the religions, their practices and beliefs all through music. Raja’s usage of One way ticket (Boney M) and a Hindi song (apna bhi koi nahi by Lata) at the background is one way to see at his preferences those days. Not to forget the variations of vizhiyil vizhunthu, sometimes comes in solo violin and solo guitar, so astonishing. This is one of the main love theme. Apart from this there is another love theme fully guitar based which comes often. Short guitar phrase when Mary refuses to each non-veg because of Vichchu. There are tons of musical pieces. Let me list out as I remember. When they approach each other to express their love, the letter exchanges through harmonium, when Vichchu runs behind Mary when she is leaving the village, when Mary express their pure love to her anni, Thyagarajan chasing and fighthing with Vichchu and many more. Not to forget those gentle bass guitar, flute and piano touches which follows the vizhiyil vizhunthu theme. Maestro has exhibited some phenomenal score identifying both the religions, blended them so well like the hearts of the lovers. Definitely I would have missed all these, if I have not revisited this movie. Now what to do? I am confuuuuuuuuuuuuuused! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:49 pm

V_S wrote:AlaigaL Oiyvathillai

Interesting post, V_Sji!
the clap

BTW, some more from me on AO :

1. IR's "benefit match" for BR (post-nizhalgaL, post-kallukkuL eeram, nondhu pOna naNbanukku rAsA was "udukkai izhandhavan kai")

2. Karthik-Radha are the best intro's by BR IMHO (Revathy is another good one). (BTW, Suresh/Shanthi Krishna of PP are millions of miles behind.)

3. My college year-mate is one of the gumbal that accompanies Karthik in the movie ('vAdi en kappakkezhangE' fellows). Possibly the only case of me personally knowing a "cine-actor" Laughing

4. One all-time-great song from the disk, putham pudhukkAlai, got left out / not on-screen. One of the major disqualifications for me to decide "NO VOTE for AO" Embarassed

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next