Ilayaraja and Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

+17
mythila
jega
rajkumarc
al_gates
sagi
Sakalakala Vallavar
kiru
skr
Punnaimaran
[μsic]மாபியா
balachidambaram
kameshratnam
V_S
jaiganesh
Drunkenmunk
plum
app_engine
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 3 Empty Re: Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 am

As I am relatively new to google docs (or any such shared free resource on cloud), I'm not 100% betting on "absolutely-no-loss-of-data" Embarassed

That way, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND everyone having a copy of their work on the local machine! I will also try to take daily back-ups myself for the combined spreadsheet but there will still be time-zone related issues.

So, safely, please always back up your works! (As for my data entry, I typcially like editing on my desktop and do one copy-paste to google once ready)

Both time & the manual effort taken are very precious!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 3 Empty Re: Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs

Post  jega Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 am

app_engine wrote:nanRi V_Sji!
Added your google ID to the shared spreadsheet Smile

mikka nanRi Nerd!
Please PM your google ID and I'll add to the spreadsheet Smile

I will also e-mail the second (post-84) spreadsheet to those signed-up, for reference purposes & as raw material (that sheet cannot be published in the forum yet, as asked by the owner).

That way, Nerd (and similar younger volunteers) can pick up later years which they are comfortable with!
Hi,

My email id is mjpandian@gmail.com.. Please add me to this.I should be able to work on it after june 21st.

Thanks
jega

jega

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Comprehensive Database for IR movies & songs - Page 3 Empty Attention Drunkenmunk

Post  mythila Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:46 pm

kAdhal ennum kAviyam - fdrom VattathukkuL chathuram , sung by Jikki - FYI

Last edited by mythila on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editor was not working)

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Jega,
I've added you in the spreadsheet, please send a message when you have bandwidth and we'll accordingly fix the year Smile

mythila,
nanRi for the confirmation on 'kAdhal ennum kAviyam'!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  mythila Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:03 pm

app_engine wrote:Jega,
I've added you in the spreadsheet, please send a message when you have bandwidth and we'll accordingly fix the year Smile

mythila,
nanRi for the confirmation on 'kAdhal ennum kAviyam'!

app sir, another small additional info about "kAdhal enuum " ragam - Shivaranjani.

Regarding film Gayathri, I think other than the 2 popular hits "vAzhvE mAyamA" and "kAlai paniyil", there are two other obscure numbers.
"unnai thaan azhaikirEn" - cabaret dance number by Janaki and chorus
"ulagil enakku thaan adhiga rasigargaL" by P.Susheela

Last edited by mythila on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spl chk)

mythila

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 pm

Once again nanRi, mythila, for the rAgam info and other details!

As you possibly noticed (download link in the previous page), we have a spreadsheet from one of our forumers that has excellent data (based on his personal collection of vinyls) for 1976-84!

And the volunteers have started to key in the details into a (template) spreadsheet as a shared file on google docs.

We still have a long way to go but the project has been kicked off Smile

We do appreciate your inputs that will help us build one of the most accurate & comprehensive databases of all music tracks of IR!

So, please keep visiting this thread and help us with valuable inputs Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:25 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
============

As most of the volunteers are aware, we are working off of one main spreadsheet which is already completed by our dear forumer for years until 1984, the accurate source for our project.

With all years assigned up to 1984, I urge everyone to USE that spreadsheet PRIMARILY for the critical data (release year / track / credits). If there is any doubt, please feel free to post on this thread.

Obviously, there are other sources that may corroborate what is there on the source file (thiraipaadal etc) but on many occasions, there could be conflicts and we'll go first by our own source! Where there is serious doubt, please feel free to ask on this thread Smile

From year 1985 onwards, since we don't have the authenticated sheet yet, we need to wait for a few days until he provides us his "approved version" Smile On his PM, he has confirmed to provide those years periodically & expeditiously!

That way, any new volunteers will be assigned later years (2010, 2009 and such) for which the websites are not too bad in their credits Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:57 pm

The publicly shared file contributed by our forum friend, which is used as main raw material for the IR track DB project is now validated up to 1985 :

1976-85 download

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Update on WIP - 70's are about to be completed (most of the basic data filled in, some details getting entered) Smile

As mentioned before, I'm working on 1980 (part of the data on my desktop and will be completed in a day or two)...

Of course, we still have a long way to - but there is brisk progress, despite the varied commitments all volunteers have at work / personal front etc!

Can't thank enough!

As informed above, there are still open-slots and volunteers are always welcome Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 pm

One thing I would like to highlight at this point -

Once completed, this V1 spreadsheet will not only be the most comprehensive & accurate database of IR's TFM but it will probably be the ONLY place to look for LYRICIST details Smile

That way, we can be proud of doing a small "ilakkiya sEvai" Wink

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm

IR tracks DB V0 status:

1976-1980 :
Done for mandatory data (some albums also have details such as rAgam / genre and such nice-to-have data but most do not have them yet...OTOH album, track name, album year, singers, lyricist are all complete / accurate for these years)!

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE TEAM MEMBERS FOR THE HARD WORK THUS FAR!

applause

Volunteers already signed up for 1981-1985 / 2010-2012 and Jega waiting for assignment (his availability is after 22nd June and we need to see how many years get grabbed / done prior to that) Smile

So, invitation is open for those with a little bit of spare time, to sign up for 1986-2009 Smile

(Meanwhile, the source-sheet had been authenticated by our forum friend up to 1986 and he continues to work with his personal collections to give the main / primary raw material)

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakalakala Vallavar Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Oops! Seems this thread had grown long! Good only!

App, what is the procedure for me to take part? I have sent my email id to ur twitter account, Thanks! Smile
Sakalakala Vallavar
Sakalakala Vallavar

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:06 pm

nanRi SKV, for the ID - I replied the message Smile

I'll forward the updated "source" spreadsheet being provided by our forumer- currently updated till 1987 (I need to also share that in mediafire for all) and another sheet for the rest of the years. These are being used as our raw material to do the google doc (IR-tracks).

Can you please take up 1986 & if possible 1987? Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:51 pm

The core raw material that we use for the project is now authenticated up to 1988
Smile
Download link for this source file (up to 1988 ) , approved by the donor :
 1976 to 1988

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Sorry, I am behind in this. I have started working on 1981 and 82, but somehow could not get time to complete. Will complete it soon, please bear with me.

Back to top Go down

Post  skr Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:14 pm

App , 

Great to see the document updated till 1988. I was just thinking of asking you if we have received the data as of 1987 and its pleasing to see 1988 also Smile

On a glance of the file i got 2 doubts .. 
1) Does the film Jhonny have 2 versions of Oru Iniya Manadhu ? I could be wrong but have never heard the second version.
2) Was the music of the film Bloodstone composed by IR ? Im not sure on this too , beleive it was some one else.

Also i wanted to check with you App , whether we shall include the dubbed tamil films also as part of the database. 
I suggest we do have it as our goal is to be as comprehensive as possible and maybe have an additional column "Release" with input under that as "Original" or "Dubbed". 
Let us know what you feel.

A general suggestion to all updating , please make sure to use the same spelling for singers name , actor , lyricist etc so that it will be easy for identifying and sorting data.
In case of confusion , please look up to the spellings already updated and adopt the same.

I am a little help up on weekdays , but on weekends i can update a year or two.
I still have some of 1985 pending from my side , additionally i can take up 1988 also to complete during the weekend.

Regards
skr

skr

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:28 pm

skr,
1. Yes, oru iniya manadhu has two versions - look at the two vinyl covers posted in this page :
https://ilayaraja.forumms.net/t63p450-vinyl-lp-record-covers-speak-about-ir-pictures-details

2. Bloodstone (the Rajinikanth movie) did have IR's music and that was the main reason I watched it in that old Devidurga theater of Palakkad (It was known as "New" theater those days, renamed to Devidurga later on).

Though most dubbed movies were not much to talk about, we do have such biggies as salangai oli / sippikkuL muthu / indhiran chandiran / idhayaththai thirudAdhE...Accordingly, let us include them in the database, of course we'll indicate the multilingual / dubbing thingy in the remarks (or in a separate field)...

nanRi for the sustained interest and support!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:25 am

The "data entry" volunteers have received the source file that is approved for years up to 1990 now!

PLEASE CHECK YOUR MAIL!

Now all we need to do is to update our shared spreadsheet with the relevant details for the fabulous 80's...Now Jega is on board as well!

Those who are entering info in their desktop (for future transfer to the google doc),  please post update on this thread as to the status...will keep all of us motivated Smile

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Download link for public, for data from 1976 to 1990...(please note, source file - not in our intended future format):
_[2013-Jun-30].xlsx]http://www.mediafire.com/download/sjpevl2mugbr7l6/ilaiyaRaaja_-_Discography_%5B1976-1990%5D_%5B2013-Jun-30%5D.xlsx

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  olichudar Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi app_engine,

Its been long time i visited. my visit got reduced once we reached late 90's in the LP scan thread. Surprised to see this thread for the one i was really looking for. 
let me know what should be done to get associated as volunteer here. I can contribute as well.
olichudar
olichudar

http://www.spotpack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:40 pm

nanRi olichudar for volunteering!

Please PM me your google ID and I'll share the spreadsheet where we are creating this IR Tracks database.

From what I can see there, 1976-80 is complete and volunteers are working on 1981-89 as well as 2010-12. So, the 90's are all available.

We have a source spreadsheet from one of our forumers that is the main input and I'll e-mail it to you for reference. From that point, you will be entering data into the shared sheet in the existing format Smile

I guess 1990 can be your year!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 pm

I guess this is the current assignment status (please ping me if this understanding is wrong...I may have some bandwidth in the coming week and may be able to do another year) :

1981 - V_Sji
1982 - V_Sji
1983 - Suresh2
1984 - Suresh2
1985 - skr
1986 - SKV
1987 - SKV
1988 - Jega
1989 - Jega
1990 - olichudar

1991-2010 - OPEN

2011 - rajkumarc
2012 - Nerd

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  rajkumarc Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Really sorry about the delay in getting to the year 2010. I will definitely get time during the long weekend here to complete 2010.

rajkumarc

Back to top Go down

Post  V_S Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Almost completed 1981, except I am finding difficult to get the dubbed song names (for example kadal meengal in hindi, garjane in kannada, only two songs I got for malayalam version of Bala Nagamma etc). In Anbu sir sheet, he just specified it as a dubbed film. I feel we should get that list of songs too as it counts. This is taking some time. For time being I am putting '???' on those, as I could not find them. Please let me know if you know the song names from dubbed films from Anbu sir's sheet.

Back to top Go down

Post  app_engine Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm

V_S wrote:Almost completed 1981, except I am finding difficult to get the dubbed song names (for example kadal meengal in hindi, garjane in kannada, only two songs I got for malayalam version of Bala Nagamma etc).  In Anbu sir sheet, he just specified it as a dubbed film. I feel we should get that list of songs too as it counts. This is taking some time. For time being I am putting '???' on those, as I could not find them. Please let me know if you know the song names from dubbed films from Anbu sir's sheet.

V_Sji, for V0 / V1, we're covering TFM...will expand to other languages during V2 Smile

That way, most of the TFM & those "dubbed into TFM" are taken care of by our source spreadsheet Smile

Of course, there are a few with question marks and we'll collectively worry about them during V1 when everyone gets a chance to improve the database. For V0, we'll have them with question marks Smile

mikka nanRi for your precious time for data input!

app_engine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next